Can DNA be extracted form dibosaur bones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
75 Million-Year-Old Blood Cells Discovered in Dinosaur Bones

It might sound like something out of Jurassic World but it’s true: Inside fossilized dinosaur bones, researchers have discovered 75-million-year-old red blood cells and proteins.

This discovery indicates that blood and other cells might be preserved much longer in fossils than previously believed. And studying these cells in the future could give us brand-new insights into how dinosaurs looked and behaved.

Scientists’ understanding of dinosaurs has been revolutionized in the last 25 years by the discovery of fossilized soft tissues. We now have evidence for the original material of skin, feathers and feather-like structures, color-bearing organelles, and even muscle fibers and cellular structures found in Tyrannosaurus rex. These have usually been found in exceptionally well-preserved specimens.

Many of these discoveries, however, have been contentious within the paleontological community, and the presence of molecular-level preservation in the fossil record remains controversial. This is because proteins and other molecular components are thought to break down within about four million years.

Yes, but you can get the dinosaur DNA from a mosquito encased in Amber. Then just complete the code with frog DNA. I've seen it work!

Yes absolutely, on the other hand there are no dinosaur bones to extract DNA from.

DNA in Dinosaur Bones?

Yawn there is a sucker born every day
Woolly Monolith close to it.

Monolith?
Congratulations the third gwabe tweachber iz gwading uz

I taught 6-12, thank you!
Well there goes my lunch...…………………….

And we thought you were an acting captain

Carey Grant was an acting captain once, I seen it, they painted a sub pink, no shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back