Can early voting ballots be counted BEFORE election Day?

Both sides of the aisle are spewing that one or the other candidates are "ahead" based on early voting counts....
For example, that Clinton is ahead in NC or that Trump is ahead in FL. Look up what the law states regarding DISCLOSURE of early ballots, and you'll have your answer to the thread's title question. Lets stop the nonsense.
I'm not sure why they are already casting early ballots at this stage of the game? But I agree wholeheartedly with counting early ballots as they arrive in sufficient numbers, rather than waiting until after the polls close on Election Day.
First of all, early voting hasn't started and, secondly, the tally wouldn't be reported until after the close of voting, regardless.

Than it would appear that we are in full agreement. I hope that isn't to big of a pill for you to swallow !

Both sides of the aisle are spewing that one or the other candidates are "ahead" based on early voting counts....
For example, that Clinton is ahead in NC or that Trump is ahead in FL.

Look up what the law states regarding DISCLOSURE of early ballots, and you'll have your answer to the thread's title question.

Lets stop the nonsense.

I'm not sure why they are already casting early ballots at this stage of the game? But I agree wholeheartedly with counting early ballots as they arrive in sufficient numbers, rather than waiting until after the polls close on Election Day.

They do count the early voting ballots before election day.

It's illegal to release the ballot count until polls are closed on election day.

That's exactly the way it should be.

you should only be allowed to vote on election day. Absentee ballots should be available for those unable to physically make it to the polling place and for those who are out of the country on election day. The polls are open early and late so the "I have to work" argument is bullshit.

Why? So you can disenfranchise more people?

For example, that Clinton is ahead in NC or that Trump is ahead in FL.

Look up what the law states regarding DISCLOSURE of early ballots, and you'll have your answer to the thread's title question.

Lets stop the nonsense.

They do count the early voting ballots before election day.

It's illegal to release the ballot count until polls are closed on election day.

They are "counted" by computer. No human knows the vote totals. Ballots are scanned in and the votes are dropped in the appropriate "bucket". The contents of the buckets are not viewable by a human until after the close of the polls on Election Day. The first results you see on Election night are usually the early vote totals.

Let's get it straight. THEY ARE NOT COUNTING THE BALLOTS!

They are simply reporting the numbers who vote early based on their registration. And, I don't think early voting has started ANYWHERE!

For example, that Clinton is ahead in NC or that Trump is ahead in FL. Look up what the law states regarding DISCLOSURE of early ballots, and you'll have your answer to the thread's title question. Lets stop the nonsense.
First of all, early voting hasn't started and, secondly, the tally wouldn't be reported until after the close of voting, regardless.
Are you sure the dems are not allowing early voting earlier than usual? to keep it so limited to specific times could disproportionately disenfranchise the dead

Hey pal, you're on the wrong side of this issue so one can only conclude you must be a troll.

very easy to access if you happen to live above the ground, however if you live below the ground you have to guess, how many times do you think these dead people want to claw their way out of their box? Democrats are very responsive to the needs of the dead voter.
Excuses for a Trump loss are getting weirder and weirder! :laugh2:

you mean like it used to be before the democrats started looking for new ways to steal elections?

Actually we "steal elections" by bringing corpses to vote with us......except when republicans win, like in 2010 and 2014, then and ONLY then are the elections perfectly legit because we ran out of corpses..

That's not what he is talking about.

There is blatant lying being passed off as legitimate speculation.

There was a thread created this morning about how Trump had won early voting in Florida, although that makes no sense because Florida does not count early voting ballots until election day.

...and besides the above, let me cite the Florida statute on early voting. Perhaps RW'ers don't have calendars?.

Early voting, at a minimum, must begin on the 10th day before an election that contains state or federal races and end on the 3rd day before the election.

Forum List

Back