Can someone explain a legitimate argument for protecting illegal immigrants in the US?

Sure work, then they send the money out of the US. They break our laws. They scam our social systems. They want to live and work here, then pay up everything that they have already taken from us, go back home and get in line.
They break our laws. They scam our social systems.
so do lots of Americans..........just sayin....:dunno:.

Right, and when caught Americans face justice. They can't be deported though.. Illegal aliens can and should be. Obama want to reward them instead though.

Sure work, then they send the money out of the US. They break our laws. They scam our social systems. They want to live and work here, then pay up everything that they have already taken from us, go back home and get in line.
Our citizens pay the price when they get caught, illegals get away with it. They just run and take a new name instead of facing the consequences.
thats not true.....i have seen quite a few either get deported or doing jail time for that in my 45 years living here.....just here in my neighborhood in the last few years i can name 2 men and a woman who got popped for various things.....and i have never seen them again....and when i asked i was told that one is doing time the other 2 got the boot....
For all the people that I suspected WHERE illegal immigrants (some even admitted they were), only one was deported. And that was because one of her relatives narced on her. A personal feud. All the rest...NADA. Something smells fishy here. I once went to a local INS office to report suspected illegals. Agent Smith said they couldn't do anything, blamed some arcane Regan era laws for them sitting on their freeking hands. Yeah. Don't enforce laws, because it might actually accomplish something and piss of Hisp-, Illegals I mean.

Most Legal immigrants do work hard and follow the laws. It's the illegals who come here and disregard our laws from the day they step across the border without papers.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

The majority of Hispanics are hard working people. Never doubted that. How does that tie in with illegal aliens? Most of us are descendants of legal immigrants, most of which were just as hard working. I have known enough LEGAL immigrants to realize what a folly defending illegal immigrants is.

The REALITY...there is no reasonable legal path...

An immigration black market only exists because the government has made the legal market so small and restricted. For example, if an Indian waiting for an employment-based green card (EB-3) applied in 2002, he would advance to the next stage sometime in 2012. That's a 10-year wait for a skilled immigrant with a job offer from a U.S. firm.

Factoring in the enormous monetary and legal costs that exclude most potential applicants, a mere small fraction of applicants for employment-based green cards even bother applying with, and there's still a long wait-list. And that's for skilled immigrants. Except for relatives of American citizens and green card holders, there really is no legal way for more than a small number of people to come here legally to work every year.

Most Legal immigrants do work hard and follow the laws. It's the illegals who come here and disregard our laws from the day they step across the border without papers.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde
Wasn't Oscar Wilde a glorified pedophile? Witty as hell though. Finding chinks in the armor of logic to defend the indefensible. I have known enough European immigrants that worked hard, filed all their papers, jumped through all the flaming hoops and slings and arrows to get in to America. Do we hold their struggles so cheap as to just allow others to wander in willy nilly and accept them in the same light? I won't and I hope if any of you have any standards of right and wrong, you won't either.

Oscar Wilde
Wasn't Oscar Wilde a glorified pedophile? Witty as hell though. Finding chinks in the armor of logic to defend the indefensible. I have known enough European immigrants that worked hard, filed all their papers, jumped through all the flaming hoops and slings and arrows to get in to America. Do we hold their struggles so cheap as to just allow others to wander in willy nilly and accept them in the same light? I won't and I hope if any of you have any standards of right and wrong, you won't either.

No, he wasn't a glorified pedophile. And whatever he was is totally irrelevant.

Reality sucks. They are going to continue to sneak across the borders no matter how hard you stamp your feet. The laws are too restrictive, too expensive and too corrupt. HOW many years is a reasonable waiting time? If it takes 10 years for an Indian waiting for an employment-based green card (EB-3) who applied in 2002, to advance to the next stage sometime in 2012. That's a 10-year wait for a skilled immigrant with a job offer from a U.S. firm. A lifetime is not infinite. Use your brain.

The majority of Hispanics are hard working people. Never doubted that. How does that tie in with illegal aliens? Most of us are descendants of legal immigrants, most of which were just as hard working. I have known enough LEGAL immigrants to realize what a folly defending illegal immigrants is.

An immigration black market only exists because the government has made the legal market so small and restricted. For example, if an Indian waiting for an employment-based green card (EB-3) applied in 2002, he would advance to the next stage sometime in 2012. That's a 10-year wait for a skilled immigrant with a job offer from a U.S. firm.

Factoring in the enormous monetary and legal costs that exclude most potential applicants, a mere small fraction of applicants for employment-based green cards even bother applying with, and there's still a long wait-list. And that's for skilled immigrants. Except for relatives of American citizens and green card holders, there really is no legal way for more than a small number of people to come here legally to work every year.

There are quotas for a reason. Millions of Americans out of work right now and you would rather a lawbreaker have the job?

There are quotas for a reason. Millions of Americans out of work right now and you would rather a lawbreaker have the job?

Immigrants can be depicted on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays as indolent leeches who flock to the United States to go on welfare — and condemned on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays for taking away jobs that would otherwise go to Americans.

The stolen job myth - Opinion - The Boston Globe

Illegals can be called all those things everyday. They are not immigrants. Immigrants go thru the channels. Illegals are criminals.

They come here to work. They work hard and put our citizens to shame.

There are examples of that, but i believe its a distorted truth. There are millions of hardworking americans, maybe just not in Marin County. Ive known illegal immigrants in my own life. One is a friend. Ive worked with some who were hard workers like you say. Ive known others who where complete pieces of shit and sold Tar heroine, I knew one who stole my car and I had to get it back at my own risk, some come here who have absolutely no respect for us and others are the sweetest people on earth. But the problem is , were not checking out who is comming across the border. theres no excuse for it. My great Grandparents had to go through the process, same as others

Do you know any Americans who are complete pieces of shit, sell heroine or steal cars? When you start 'profiling' you will be rightly chastised and abdicate the argument.

America is no haven of social safety nets. Wake up.

Your profiling by saying they all work hard and put americans to shame. what the fuck do you think that is

It is the truth. Most illegal immigrants take jobs Americans turn their nose up on and they participate in the workforce at higher rates than native-born Americans

What utter BS! There are no jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. Who the hell do you think did them before the arrival of millions of illegal aliens willing to work for less? WTH are you talking about? We have only 12-20- million illegal aliens in this country with a population of 320 million. How the hell can you make the stupid claim that they participate in our workforce at higher rates than natives? Illegal immigration is against the law. What part of that aren't you getting?
Was wondering, who's going to do those jobs of the boomers, when all the boomers retire? Will the jobs just disappear? Boomers are expected to live 20- 30 years in retirement!!

I think if Congress were serious about deporting all illegals here, THEY WOULD FUND THAT MEASURE.... but since they only fund the deportation of a few hundred thousand illegals a year, it would take over 20-30 years to deport the illegals we have now with no additions.

THIS IS A PROBLEM.

A PROBLEM THAT EXISTS.

RIGHT NOW, IN THE PRESENT.

And since Congress has not funded the deportation of the millions and millions of illegals here, then I believe measures HAVE TO BE put in place to deal with the illegals, and the President is CORRECT in approaching the deportation of the illegals by PRIORITIZING who gets deported FIRST and LAST, with the little amount of money INS is given each year in the congressional budget, for the purpose of deporting illegals.

the criminals- the gang members and gangsters, and drug dealers, and rapists etc should be the focus, should be deported FIRST, SINCE the money allotted for deportation is so limited....

AND the parents of the USA citizen children, who are working and have a clean record should be the very LAST people deported. I agree with Obama....especially since Congress has failed to enact any immigration sollutions, he HAS TO PRIORITIZE with INS and the undesirables is where INS should spend their limited money specific to deportation and they should focus on them.

Don't think he's been prioritizing at all.
Over 36,000 violent illegal rapists, murderers, etc. were released from prison while they were up for deportation in 2013 alone.

outside of being here illegally most illegals follow the laws like the rest of us.....

Right, and when caught Americans face justice. They can't be deported though.. Illegal aliens can and should be. Obama want to reward them instead though.
and so if an illegal is caught scamming our system you are saying nothing is done and Obama gives them a bowl of soup and a new hat?.....like i said above about the 3 i know about.....2 deported one doing time....

Our citizens pay the price when they get caught, illegals get away with it. They just run and take a new name instead of facing the consequences.
thats not true.....i have seen quite a few either get deported or doing jail time for that in my 45 years living here.....just here in my neighborhood in the last few years i can name 2 men and a woman who got popped for various things.....and i have never seen them again....and when i asked i was told that one is doing time the other 2 got the boot....
For all the people that I suspected WHERE illegal immigrants (some even admitted they were), only one was deported. And that was because one of her relatives narced on her. A personal feud. All the rest...NADA. Something smells fishy here. I once went to a local INS office to report suspected illegals. Agent Smith said they couldn't do anything, blamed some arcane Regan era laws for them sitting on their freeking hands. Yeah. Don't enforce laws, because it might actually accomplish something and piss of Hisp-, Illegals I mean.
the 3 i am referring to were caught doing something illegal outside of just being here illegally....

Illegals can be called all those things everyday. They are not immigrants. Immigrants go thru the channels. Illegals are criminals.

Our founding fathers were 'criminals'... had they lost the revolutionary war, they would have been hanged by the neck until they were dead.

You are not very bright.

I think if Congress were serious about deporting all illegals here, THEY WOULD FUND THAT MEASURE.... but since they only fund the deportation of a few hundred thousand illegals a year, it would take over 20-30 years to deport the illegals we have now with no additions.

THIS IS A PROBLEM.

A PROBLEM THAT EXISTS.

RIGHT NOW, IN THE PRESENT.

And since Congress has not funded the deportation of the millions and millions of illegals here, then I believe measures HAVE TO BE put in place to deal with the illegals, and the President is CORRECT in approaching the deportation of the illegals by PRIORITIZING who gets deported FIRST and LAST, with the little amount of money INS is given each year in the congressional budget, for the purpose of deporting illegals.

the criminals- the gang members and gangsters, and drug dealers, and rapists etc should be the focus, should be deported FIRST, SINCE the money allotted for deportation is so limited....

AND the parents of the USA citizen children, who are working and have a clean record should be the very LAST people deported. I agree with Obama....especially since Congress has failed to enact any immigration sollutions, he HAS TO PRIORITIZE with INS and the undesirables is where INS should spend their limited money specific to deportation and they should focus on them.

The parents are here illegally and working with either a fake or stolen ID or getting paid under the table aka tax evasion. All of these crimes are felonies.

Forum List

Back