Can someone tell me when it was that Gays had different drinking fountains?...

No Fishy, it's about the word for you, we just care about the equality...as I've told you over and over. We'd be perfectly happy if you go ahead and change the word for all civil marriages. (Oh, but then you wouldn't have that special "marriage" license that makes you feel superior)

So you now are saying that if you can't call your legal union a marriage that somehow makes you inferior? I thought your issue was fairness and equality. But its not, now is it?

Explain how not calling your legal binding union a marriage makes your inferior. I am very interested in understanding your thinking on this.

and try to give a real answer, not some rhetoric about why don't I call mine a civil union. Tell me why using the word "marriage" somehow changes you from inferior to equal.

That's right, Fishy. When you set something up for one group of people and something different for another group of people, what do they call that? Oh, that's right, separate but equal.

Did the same exact water come out of both of these water fountains, Fishy?

Drinking-Fountains-1.jpg

And yet having these different water fountains with the same water made blacks feel inferior, 2nd class citizens didn't it?

You want the same thing. You want the same water to come out of two different fountains. Why? Why not the same water out of the same fountain?

What's wrong with Civil Marriage for all couples?

Is homosexuality now a race? nice pics but its pretty clear that they were separate but NOT equal.

you are not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours, so lets stop wasting time. This country has much more pressing problems than your sexual behavior and what your partnership is called.

Straight men butt fuck women by the millions.
Not normal to me.
Redfish supports them getting a marriage license.
Redfish supports the heterosexual butt fucking agenda.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

thats funny, you are taking this way too seriously.

So you now are saying that if you can't call your legal union a marriage that somehow makes you inferior? I thought your issue was fairness and equality. But its not, now is it?

Explain how not calling your legal binding union a marriage makes your inferior. I am very interested in understanding your thinking on this.

and try to give a real answer, not some rhetoric about why don't I call mine a civil union. Tell me why using the word "marriage" somehow changes you from inferior to equal.

That's right, Fishy. When you set something up for one group of people and something different for another group of people, what do they call that? Oh, that's right, separate but equal.

Drinking-Fountains-1.jpg

And yet having these different water fountains with the same water made blacks feel inferior, 2nd class citizens didn't it?

You want the same thing. You want the same water to come out of two different fountains. Why? Why not the same water out of the same fountain?

Is homosexuality now a race? nice pics but its pretty clear that they were separate but NOT equal.

you are not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours, so lets stop wasting time. This country has much more pressing problems than your sexual behavior and what your partnership is called.

Failed attempt at deflection, Herring. Gays are a protected class of people. I know that makes you crazy in a deeply homophobic way, but it is true. (Romer v Evans)

So how about you try answering the question. What's wrong with Civil Unions for all couples? Why is that not an acceptable compromise to you?

Drinking-Fountains-1.jpg

Failed attempt at deflection, Herring. Gays are a protected class of people. I know that makes you crazy in a deeply homophobic way, but it is true. (Romer v Evans)

So how about you try answering the question. What's wrong with Civil Unions for all couples? Why is that not an acceptable compromise to you?

so by protected class you now want special treatment, more than equal-----special?

a man/woman marriage is a civil union in the eyes of the state. Exactly the same legal status as your civil union---------equal in every way.

Why is it so important to you to call your union a marriage? How does that improve your equality? If I call a robin and eagle, does that make him an eagle?

Drinking-Fountains-1.jpg

Let me ask you....are equal civil rights ONLY based on race?

so by protected class you now want special treatment, more than equal-----special?

a man/woman marriage is a civil union in the eyes of the state. Exactly the same legal status as your civil union---------equal in every way.

Why is it so important to you to call your union a marriage? How does that improve your equality? If I call a robin and eagle, does that make him an eagle?

See, there you go again. You think a marriage license makes you special. No, we want equality. You get a marriage license, we get a marriage license. We get a civil union, you get a civil union.

Why is it so important to call your union a marriage? Why isn't civil unions for all an acceptable compromise to you? We don't care what it is called, YOU DO.

Drinking-Fountains-1.jpg

Helloooooo?

Fishy's gone. When the going get's tough, (the questions get uncomfortable) Fishy leaves the thread in a huff.

I can tell you for a FACT that married couples in the military enjoy more benefits than what their single counterparts get. Not only in the form of being able to access Ombudsman services, and BAQ, but married people also get more leeway when it comes to drawing up the watch bill on the holidays.

My position is that government should treat all it's citizens the same. No one should pay the death tax, taxes should be flat, parental rights and responsibilities should be related to paternity and not paper, etc. Therefore, there is zero relevance to your quoting my post tor make this point.

You are arguing for discrimination, I am arguing against discrimination. You just want to change the rules of who is on each side of the line. I want to eliminate the line and have government treat it's citizens, all of them, the same. You need to argue this with someone who supports straight marriage and opposes gay marriage. In other words, someone like you who supports governmental discrimination.

Kaz, you believe marriage creates a kind of discrimination, I get it and I won't argue with you. But that's getting far afield of the real issue.

Do you or do you not believe that homosexuals should be second-class citizens under the law, with access to second-class benefits?

I said all citizens should be treated the same by government. How does that not answer your question? Gays are not discriminated against, they have the same rights as everyone else. Obviously I would not take that away.

My position is that government should treat all it's citizens the same. No one should pay the death tax, taxes should be flat, parental rights and responsibilities should be related to paternity and not paper, etc. Therefore, there is zero relevance to your quoting my post tor make this point.

You are arguing for discrimination, I am arguing against discrimination. You just want to change the rules of who is on each side of the line. I want to eliminate the line and have government treat it's citizens, all of them, the same. You need to argue this with someone who supports straight marriage and opposes gay marriage. In other words, someone like you who supports governmental discrimination.

Kaz, you believe marriage creates a kind of discrimination, I get it and I won't argue with you. But that's getting far afield of the real issue.

Do you or do you not believe that homosexuals should be second-class citizens under the law, with access to second-class benefits?

I said all citizens should be treated the same by government. How does that not answer your question? Gays are not discriminated against, they have the same rights as everyone else. Obviously I would not take that away.

No, they don't. We cannot marry the non familial consenting adult of our choice (in some states) and straights can. That IS discrimination....which is why court after court after court is finding in favor of marriage equality. Oh, I know...all those judges are WRONG, right?

Why do straight folks get a marriage license?

This whole debate centers on one thing---------the word "marriage". The current gay agenda is not about equality and rights, they get those things with a civil union or a mutual support contract, the IRS should recognize gay civil unions as equal to a man/woman marriage for tax purposes and inheritence rights.

The gay agenda is an attempt to gain societal validation of gayness as a normal human condition, even though it defies biology and is not normal.

Unless they call their union a marriage, they cannot get the government mandated thought control that they seek.

So, lets recognize this for what it is---------its not about civil rights or equality

No Fishy, it's about the word for you, we just care about the equality...as I've told you over and over. We'd be perfectly happy if you go ahead and change the word for all civil marriages. (Oh, but then you wouldn't have that special "marriage" license that makes you feel superior)

No, you don't care about equality. You just want in on the inequality. I want equality, you oppose that.

Fishy's gone. When the going get's tough, (the questions get uncomfortable) Fishy leaves the thread in a huff.

screw you, I have other things in my life than arguing with idiots on a message board.

I made my points, destroyed yours and have nothing more to say. Time will tell how this plays out. Enjoy your newly "married" neighbors: Ted, mary, joan, marie, Jose, and fido.

I want the legal fees for that divorce.

This whole debate centers on one thing---------the word "marriage". The current gay agenda is not about equality and rights, they get those things with a civil union or a mutual support contract, the IRS should recognize gay civil unions as equal to a man/woman marriage for tax purposes and inheritence rights.

The gay agenda is an attempt to gain societal validation of gayness as a normal human condition, even though it defies biology and is not normal.

Unless they call their union a marriage, they cannot get the government mandated thought control that they seek.

So, lets recognize this for what it is---------its not about civil rights or equality

No, you don't care about equality. You just want in on the inequality. I want equality, you oppose that.

Wrong. You want to take away the cash and prizes. Go ahead, I won't stop you. We'll still want that equality though.

screw you, I have other things in my life than arguing with idiots on a message board.

I made my points, destroyed yours and have nothing more to say. Time will tell how this plays out. Enjoy your newly "married" neighbors: Ted, mary, joan, marie, Jose, and fido.

:lol: You were spanked like a toddler and refused to answer valid questions posed.

Drinking-Fountains-1.jpg

no, but marriage is ONLY based on the union of opposite sexes. Have your legal, equal civil union-------it is not, and will never be, a marriage. :smiliehug:

No, they don't. We cannot marry the non familial consenting adult of our choice (in some states) and straights can. That IS discrimination....which is why court after court after court is finding in favor of marriage equality. Oh, I know...all those judges are WRONG, right?

You want to be equal to some citizens and unequal to others. That is not a fight for equality.

:lol: You were spanked like a toddler and refused to answer valid questions posed.

geez, wytch, your sexual fantasies never end, do they? NO, I will not do a 3 way with you and your chubby partner. Stop asking.

no, but marriage is ONLY based on the union of opposite sexes. Have your legal, equal civil union-------it is not, and will never be, a marriage. :smiliehug:

Not anymore it isn't. Marriage USED to be based on race, 'till it wasn't. Marriage USED to be based on gender, 'till it wasn't.

Legally they are marriages and your option doesn't matter a whit.

geez, wytch, your sexual fantasies never end, do they? NO, I will not do a 3 way with you and your chubby partner. Stop asking.

That you make it sexual is your hang up. (Fetish)

Forum List

Back