🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Can the Arab/Muslim World Coexist with Israel?

No it's not. It's because of the huge government change. If you're not aware the Iraqi government is pretty Shia now. And they want to control many areas.

they hate each other.... and have for a very very very long time.....

the government change may have exacerbated the issue.... but it is nothing new.

Nope. They disagree. But still that shouldn't matter to you. Unless you're a person who is emotional to every conflict in the world. But I never seen you talk about anything else. So that makes you bigoted.

Syreen please show me where you have expressed concern to any events around the world that have no effect on you that isn't related to Muslims.

No.... they hate each other.

It has nothing to do with what matters to me or not... the truth is the truth.

:lmao:

really...i suggest you look at the number of posts i have...... i talk about quite a bit here. You are the one who seems to be living here in this section..... :eusa_shhh:

oh...do your own research on me....... now be a good boy and go fetch. Get back to me when you have the bone you want.

its still muslim killing and hating other muslims...... for not being the right kind of muslim...

you really need to learn something about the real world.

No it's not. It's because of the huge government change. If you're not aware the Iraqi government is pretty Shia now. And they want to control many areas.
Shia and Sunni massacre one another in every locale they use for spawning grounds, knucklehead.

give them time...i am sure Detroit will be next...

they hate each other.... and have for a very very very long time.....

the government change may have exacerbated the issue.... but it is nothing new.

Nope. They disagree. But still that shouldn't matter to you. Unless you're a person who is emotional to every conflict in the world. But I never seen you talk about anything else. So that makes you bigoted.

Syreen please show me where you have expressed concern to any events around the world that have no effect on you that isn't related to Muslims.

No.... they hate each other.

It has nothing to do with what matters to me or not... the truth is the truth.

really...i suggest you look at the number of posts i have...... i talk about quite a bit here. You are the one who seems to be living here in this section..... :eusa_shhh:

oh...do your own research on me....... now be a good boy and go fetch. Get back to me when you have the bone you want.

Be a good girl and open your mouth for lying :piss2: lol

The Shia Sunni is political in Iraq. It has a lot to do with the government changes. You need to learn something you asswipe

its still muslim killing and hating other muslims...... for not being the right kind of muslim...

Sunnis and Shias have been eachother's throats since the beginning of Islam. The Iran / Iraq war was basically over this. It is the reason most of the Arab world wants Israel and the US to whack Iran. They know that Iran will point its nuke at the Saudis to gain control of Mecca, before it does at Israel.

The Shia Sunni is political in Iraq. It has a lot to do with the government changes. You need to learn something you asswipe

I heard several Iraqis interviewed after the beginning of the war. When asked if they were Sunni or Shia they all stated that nobody ever asked before the occupation.
Is that why Shiites and Sunnis blow up each other's ancient mosques and hundreds of civilians at a time in shopping malls? Why Sunni's like Pakistanis across the Muslim world regularly blow up Shia mosques with worshippers inside them? Problem with assholes like you is, you think everyone is as ignorant and stupid as you are.

:eusa_whistle: abdul, Ahmed, now Tyrone...:eusa_hand:.....make your decision
Why, Achmed, the Shiites would probably have no problem removing your head from the rest of your body. By the way, if Americans didn't care for the innocent Muslims, they wouldn't be contributing to the relief organizations such as UNICEF and C.A.R.E. to help the Muslim people when they are in need such as the floods in Pakistan and the starvation going on in Somalia. Did the Muslims even contribute anything to Japan when they were having all those problems the other year? What did you give out of your allowance?

I have Shia friends. So try again :lol:. You idiot what the hell brought up the rest of your blabber?
Then ask him why Sunnis massacre Shiites across the Muslim world, you fucking idiot. Are you denying that Sunnis and Shiites are killing each other like animals across the Muslim world?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shi'a–Sunni_relations

The historic background of the Sunni–Shia split lies in the schism that occurred when the Islamic prophet Muhammad died in the year 632, leading to a dispute over succession to Muhammad as a caliph of the Islamic community spread across various parts of the world which led to the Battle of Siffin. Sectarian violence persists to this day from Pakistan to Yemen and is a major element of friction throughout the Middle East.[9][10]
According to one estimate, as of early 2008, 1,121 Muslim suicide bombers have blown themselves up in Iraq.[71] Sunni suicide bombers have targeted not only thousands of civilians,[72] but mosques, shrines,[73] wedding and funeral processions,[74] markets, hospitals, offices, and streets.[75] Sunni insurgent organizations include Ansar al-Islam.[76] Radical groups include Al-Tawhid Wal-Jihad, Jeish al-Taiifa al-Mansoura, Jeish Muhammad, and Black Banner Organization.[77]
Takfir motivation for many of these killings may come from Sunni insurgent leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. Before his death Zarqawi was one to quote Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab, especially his infamous statement urging followers to kill the Shia of Iraq,[78] and calling the Shias "snakes".[79] An al-Qaeda-affiliated website posted a call for "a full-scale war on Shiites all over Iraq, whenever and wherever they are found."[80] Wahhabi suicide bombers continue to attack Iraqi Shia civilians,[81] and the Shia ulama have in response declared suicide bombing as haraam:
حتي كساني كه با انتحار مي*‏آيند و مي*‏زنند عده*‏اي را مي*‏كشند، آن هم به عنوان عمليات انتحاري، اينها در قعر جهنم هستند
Even those who kill people with suicide bombing, these shall meet the flames of hell.
—Ayatollah Yousef Saanei[82]
Some believe the war has strengthened the takfir thinking and may spread Sunni–Shia strife elsewhere.[83]
On the Shia side, in early February 2006 militia-dominated government death squads were reportedly "tortur[ing] to death or summarily" executing "hundreds" of Sunnis "every month in Baghdad alone," many arrested at random.[84][85][86] According to the British television Channel 4, from 2005 through early 2006, commandos of the Ministry of the Interior which is controlled by the Badr Organization, and
...who are almost exclusively Shia Muslims*— have been implicated in rounding up and killing thousands of ordinary Sunni civilians.[87]

Last edited:

Sunnis and Shias have been eachother's throats since the beginning of Islam. The Iran / Iraq war was basically over this. It is the reason most of the Arab world wants Israel and the US to whack Iran. They know that Iran will point its nuke at the Saudis to gain control of Mecca, before it does at Israel.

Woo. You ain't kidding.
Shi'a

I heard several Iraqis interviewed after the beginning of the war. When asked if they were Sunni or Shia they all stated that nobody ever asked before the occupation.

You manufacture "facts" like it's your job. Is it your job, Princess?
Shi'a

such a stupid remark------most non muslims do not know anything about "sunni" vs "shia" I certainly did not when I first ecountered muslims 45 years ago------but I quickly learned. Certainly a non muslim would have no reason to ask-----since it is a non issue for someone who is not a muslim----------but----tinnie----I got news for you----a muslim would not have a reason to ask either-------THEY KNOW who is how among themselves I saw the HATRED before I had any idea what it was all about-------DAGGERS flying out of the eyes of pakistani sunnis and iranian shiites every time they happened to encounter each other-----------then there was the pathetic Indian muslim (from new dehli) who seemed desperate to cozy up to the IRANIAN-------it took me some time to understand the issue-------the Iranian was a shiite too "no one ever asked before" what a joke is tinnie In pakistan do they ASK "hey are you a shiite"? before they put a bullet in the guy's head

You can blabber all you want but what I posted is true.

No ... it's not. Do a bit of reading about modern Shi'a/Sunni relations:
Shi'a

"CAN THE ARAB/MUSLIM WORLD COEXIST WITH ISRAEL?"

SYRENN: "...better question.....can the arab muslim world coexist with anything not muslim? ......hell they cant coexist with other muslims if they are not the same "type" of muslim as themselves."

it's sad, but true. There's this underlying :whip: "SINISTER" side to ISLAMe. All i gotta do is look:

veil_teacher_muslim.jpg

"CAN THE ARAB/MUSLIM WORLD COEXIST WITH ISRAEL?"

SYRENN: "...better question.....can the arab muslim world coexist with anything not muslim? ......hell they cant coexist with other muslims if they are not the same "type" of muslim as themselves."

it's sad, but true. There's this underlying :whip: "SINISTER" side to ISLAMe. All i gotta do is look:

veil_teacher_muslim.jpg
This is what BecauseKnowsJackSHIT calls Sunnis and Shiites "getting along". It reminds you of Muslims telling us that "Islam is peaceful" despite evidence to the contrary:

Shi'a

Pakistan
Main articles: Sectarian violence in Pakistan, Shi'a Islam in Pakistan, and Islam in Pakistan
Pakistan's citizens have had serious Shia-Sunni discord. Almost 80% of Pakistan's population is Sunni, with 20% being Shia, but this Shia minority forms the second largest Shia population of any country,[92] larger than the Shia majority in Iraq. Unfortunately, from 1987–2007, "as many as 4,000 people are estimated to have died in sectarian fighting in Pakistan", 300 being killed in 2006.[94] Amongst the culprits blamed for the killing are Al-Qaeda working "with local sectarian groups" to kill what they perceive as Shia apostates, and "foreign powers ... trying to sow discord."[94] Most violence takes place in the largest province of Punjab and the country's commercial and financial capital, Karachi.[95] There have also been conflagrations in the provinces of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan and Azad Kashmir.[95]
Arab states especially Saudi Arabia and GCC states have been funding extremist Deobandi Sunnis and Wahabis in Pakistan, since the Afghan Jihad.[96] Whereas Iran has been funding Shia militant groups such as Sipah-e-Muhammad Pakistan, resulting in a tit for tat attacks on each other.[95] Pakistan has became a battleground between Saudi Arabia funded Deobandi Sunni and Wahabis and Iran funded Shia causing deaths of thousands of innocent Muslims.

Some see a precursor of Pakistani Shia–Sunni strife in the April 1979 execution of deposed President Zulfikar Ali Bhutto on questionable charges by Islamic fundamentalist General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq. Ali Bhutto was Shia, Zia ul-Haq a Sunni.[97]
Zia-ul-Haq's Islamization that followed was resisted by Shia who saw it as "Sunnification" as the laws and regulations were based on Sunni fiqh. In July 1980, 25,000 Shia protested the Islamization laws in the capital Islamabad. Further exacerbating the situation was the dislike between Shia leader Imam Khomeini and General Zia ul-Haq.[98]
Shia formed student associations and a Shia party, Sunni began to form sectarian militias recruited from Deobandi and Ahl al-Hadith madrasahs. Preaching against the Shia in Pakistan was radical cleric Israr Ahmed. Muhammad Manzour Numani, a senior Indian cleric with close ties to Saudi Arabia published a book entitled Iranian Revolution: Imam Khomeini and Shiism. The book, which "became the gospel of Deobandi militants" in the 1980s, attacked Khomeini and argued the excesses of the Islamic revolution were proof that Shiism was not the doctrine of misguided brothers, but beyond the Islamic pale.[99]
Anti-Shia groups in Pakistan include the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan, offshoots of the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI). The groups demand the expulsion of all Shias from Pakistan and have killed hundreds of Pakistani Shias between 1996 and 1999.[100] As in Iraq they "targeted Shia in their holy places and mosques, especially during times of communal prayer." [101] From January to May 1997, Sunni terror groups assassinated 75 Shia community leaders "in a systematic attempt to remove Shias from positions of authority."[102] Lashkar-e-Jhangvi has declared Shia to be "American agents" and the "near enemy" in global jihad.[103]
An example of an early Shia–Sunni fitna shootout occurred in Kurram, one of the tribal agencies of the Northwest Pakistan, where the Pushtun population was split between Sunnis and Shia. In September 1996 more than 200 people were killed when a gun battle between teenage Shia and Sunni escalated into a communal war that lasted five days. Woman and children were kidnapped and gunmen even executed out-of-towners who were staying at a local hotel.[104]
[edit]Afghanistan
Shia–Sunni strife in Pakistan is strongly intertwined with that in Afghanistan. Though now deposed, the anti-Shia Afghan Taliban regime helped anti-Shia Pakistani groups and vice versa. Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan, have sent thousands of volunteers to fight with the Taliban regime and "in return the Taliban gave sanctuary to their leaders in the Afghan capital of Kabul." [105]
"Over 80,000 Pakistani Islamic militants have trained and fought with Taliban since 1994. They form a hardcore of Islamic activists, ever ready to carry out a similar Taliban-style Islamic revolution in Pakistan.", according to Pakistani journalist Ahmed Rashid.[100]
Shia–Sunni strife inside of Afghanistan has mainly been a function of the puritanical Sunni Taliban's clashes with Shia Afghans, primarily the Hazara ethnic group.
In 1998 more than 8,000 noncombatants were killed when the Taliban attacked Mazar-i-Sharif and Bamiyan where many Hazaras live.[106] Some of the slaughter was indiscriminate, but many were Shia targeted by the Taliban. Taliban commander and governor Mullah Niazi banned prayer at Shia mosques[107] and expressed takfir of the Shia in a declaration from Mazar's central mosque:
Last year you rebelled against us and killed us. From all your homes you shot at us. Now we are here to deal with you. The Hazaras are not Muslims and now have to kill Hazaras. You either accept to be Muslims or leave Afghanistan. Wherever you go we will catch you. If you go up we will pull you down by your feet; if you hide below, we will pull you up by your hair.[108]
Assisting the Taliban in the murder of Iranian diplomatic and intelligence officials at the Iranian Consulate in Mazar were "several Pakistani militants of the anti-Shia, Sipah-e-Sahaba party."[109]
[edit]Iran and Shia statehood
Main articles: Islam in Iran and Freedom of religion in Iran
Iran is unique in the Muslim world because its population is overwhelmingly more Shia than Sunni (Shia constitute 92% of the population) and because its constitution is theocratic republic based on rule by a Shia jurist.
Although the founder of the Islamic Republic, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, supported good Sunni–Shia relations, there have been complaints by Sunni of discrimination, particularly in important government positions.[110] In a joint appearance with former Iranian president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani calling for Shia-Suni unity, Sunni Shiekh Yusuf al-Qaradawi complained that no ministers in Iran have been Sunni for a long time, that Sunni officials are scarce even in the regions with majority of Sunni population (such as Kurdistan, or Balochistan).[111] Sunnis cite the lack of a Sunni mosque in Tehran, Iran's capital and largest city, despite the presence of over 1 million Sunnis there,[112] and despite the presence of Christian churches, as a prominent example of this discrimination. Although reformist President Mohammad Khatami promised during his election campaign to build a Sunni mosque in Tehran, none was built during his eight years in office. The president explained the situation by saying Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei would not agree to the proposal.[113] As in other parts of the Muslim world, other issues may play a part in the conflict, since most Sunnis in Iran are also ethnic minorities.[112]
Soon after the 1979 revolution Sunni leaders from Kurdistan, Balouchistan, and Khorassan, set up a new party known as Shams, which is short for Shora-ye Markaz-e al Sunaat, to unite Sunnis and lobby for their rights. But six months after that, they were closed down, bank accounts suspended, and had their leaders arrested by the government on charges that they were backed by Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.[110]
A UN human rights report states that:
...information indicates Sunnis, along with other religious minorities, are denied by law or practice access to such government positions as cabinet minister, ambassador, provincial governor, mayor and the like, Sunni schools and mosques have been destroyed, and Sunni leaders have been imprisoned, executed and assassinated. The report notes that while some of the information received may be difficult to corroborate there is a clear impression that the right of freedom of religion is not being respected with regard to the Sunni minority.[114][115]
Members of the 'Balochistan Peoples Front' claim that Sunnis are systematically discriminated against educationally by denial of places at universities, politically by not allowing Sunnis to be army generals, ambassadors, ministers, prime minister, or president, religiously insulting Sunnis the media, economic discrimination by not giving import or export licenses for Sunni businesses while the majority of Sunnis are left unemployed.[116]
There has been a low level resistance in mainly Sunni Iranian Balouchistan against the regime for several years. Official media refers to the fighting as armed clashes between the police and "bandits," "drug-smugglers," and "thugs," to disguise what many believe is essentially a political-religious conflict. Revolutionary Guards have stationed several brigades in Balouchi cities, and have allegedly tracked down and assassinated Sunni leaders both inside Iran and in neighboring Pakistan. In 1996 a leading Sunni, Abdulmalek Mollahzadeh, was gunned down by hitmen allegedly hired by Tehran as he was leaving his house in Karachi.[117]
Members of Sunni groups in Iran however have been active in what the authorities describe as terrorist activities. Balochi Sunni Abdolmalek Rigi continue to declare the Shia as Kafir and Mushrik.[118] These Sunni groups have been involved in violent activities in Iran, and have waged terrorist[119] attacks against civilian centers, including an attack next to a girl's school[120] according to government sources. The "shadowy Sunni militant group Jundallah" has reportedly been receiving weaponry from the United States for these attacks according to the semi-official Fars News Agency.[121][122] The United Nations[123] and several countries worldwide[124] have condemned the bombings. (See 2007 Zahedan bombings for more information)
Non-Sunni Iranian opposition parties, and Shia like Ayatollah Jalal Gange’i have criticised the regimes treatment of Sunnis and confirmed many Sunni complaints.[125]
Following the 2005 elections, much of the leadership of Iran has been described as more "staunchly committed to core Shia values" and lacking Ayatollah Khomeini's commitment to Shia–Sunni unity.[126] Polemics critical of Sunnis were reportedly being produced in Arabic for dissemination in the Arab Muslim world by Hojjatieh-aligned elements in the Iranian regime.[127]
[edit]Syria
Syria is approximately three quarters Sunni,[128] but its government is predominately Alawi, a Shia sect that makes up less than 15% of the population. Under Hafez al-Assad, Alawi dominated the Baath Arab Socialist Party, a secular Arab nationalist party which has ruled Syria under a state of emergency since 1963 and has not tolerated any opposition. Alawi are often considered a form of Shia Islam, that differs somewhat from the larger Twelver Shia sect.[129]
A very serious 20th century conflict in Syria with sectarian religious overtones was that between the Alawi-dominated al-Assad regime and the Islamist Sunni Muslim Brotherhood, culminating with the 1982 Hama massacre. An estimated 10,000 to 40,000 Syrians, mostly civilians, were killed by Syrian military. During the uprising, the Sunni Muslim Brotherhood attacked military cadets at an artillery school in Aleppo, performed car bomb attacks in Damascus, as well as bomb attacks against the government and its officials, including Hafez al-Assad himself, and had killed several hundred.
How much of the conflict was sparked by Sunni versus Shia divisions and how much by Islamism versus secular-Arab-nationalism, is in question, but according to scholar Vali Nasr the failure of the Ayatollah Khomeini and the Islamic Republic of Iran to support the Muslim Brotherhood against the Baathists "earned [Khomeini] the Brotherhood's lasting contempt." It proved to the satisfaction of the Brotherhood that sectarian loyalty trumped Islamist solidarity for Khomeini and eliminated whatever appeal Khomeini might have had to the MB movement as a pan-Islamic leader.[130]
The 2011-2012 Syrian uprising has reawakened the sectarian tensions in Syria, gradually becoming a full-blown sectarian strife between the Alawi dominated Army and government vs. Sunni rebels and former members of the regular Syrian Army.
[edit]Lebanon
Though sectarian tensions in Lebanon were at their height during the Lebanese Civil War, the Shia-Sunni relations were not the main conflict of the war. The Shia parties of Hizbullah emerged in Lebanon during the Lebanese Civil War, and emerged as one of the strongest forces following the Israeli withdrawal in the year 2000, and the collapse of the SLA in the South. The situation in Lebanon flared into anti-Shia moods with the assassination of Sunni Rafiq al-Hariri, with Hizbullah and Syria being the main suspects. The tensions blew into a limited warfare between Shia dominated vs Sunni dominated political alliances in 2008. The Shia organization has since attempted to lower the profile. With the eruption of the 2011-2012 Syrian uprising, tensions increased between the Shia affiliated Alawis and Sunnis of Tripoli, erupting twice into deadly violence - on June 2011, and the second time on February 2012.
[edit]Yemen
Muslims in Yemen including Shafi'i (Sunni) majority and Zaydi (Shia) minority. Zaidi are sometimes called "Fiver Shia" instead of Twelver Shia because they recognize the first four of the Twelve Imams but accept Zayd ibn Ali as their "Fifth Imām" rather than his brother Muhammad al-Baqir. Shia–Sunni conflict in Yemen involves the Sa'dah insurgency.[10]
Both Shia and Sunni dissidents in Yemen have similar complaints about the government—cooperation with the American government and an alleged failure to following Sharia law[131] -- but it's the Shia who have allegedly been singled out for government crackdown.
During and after the US-led invasion of Iraq, members of the Zaidi-Shia community protested after Friday prayers every week outside mosques, particularly the Grand Mosque in Sana'a, during which they shouted anti-US and anti-Israeli slogans, and criticised the government's close ties to America.[132] These protests were led by ex-parliament member and Imam, Bader Eddine al-Houthi.[133] In response the Yemeni government has implemented a campaign to crush "the Zaidi-Shia rebellion,"[134] and harass journalists.[135]
These latest measures come as the government faces a Sunni rebellion with a similar motivation to the Zaydi discontent.[136][137][138]
[edit]Bahrain
Main articles: Al Bandar report and Islam in Bahrain
The small Persian Gulf island state of Bahrain has a Shia majority but is ruled by Sunni Al Khalifa family as a constitutional monarchy, with Sunni dominating the ruling class and military and disproportionately represented in the business and landownership.[139] According to the CIA World Factbook, Al Wefaq the largest Shia political society, won the largest number of seats in the elected chamber of the legislature. However, Shia discontent has resurfaced in recent years with street demonstrations and occasional low-level violence."[140]

Bahrain has many disaffected unemployed Shia youths and many Shia have protested Sheikh Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa's efforts to create a parliament as merely a "cooptation of the effendis", i.e. traditional elders and notables. Bahrain's 2002 election was widely boycotted by Shia. Mass demonstrations by Shia have been held in favor of full fledged democracy in March and June 2005, against an alleged insult to Ayatollah Khamenei in July 2005.[141]
[edit]Nigeria
An example of governments working "to drive wedges between Sunnism and Shiism" was found in Nigeria in 1998 when the Nigerian government of General Sani Abacha accused Muslim Brotherhood leader Sheikh Ibrahim al-Zak Zaki of being a Shia. This was despite the fact that there are few if any Shia among Nigerias Muslims and the Muslim Brotherhood is a Sunni organization.[142]
[edit]Saudi Arabia
Main articles: Islam in Saudi Arabia, Shi'a Islam in Saudi Arabia, and Freedom of religion in Saudi Arabia
While Shia make up roughly 15% of Saudi Arabia's population[143], they form a large portion of the residents of the eastern province of Hasa—by some estimates a majority[144]—where much of the petroleum industry is based. Between 500,000 and a million Shia live there,[145] concentrated especially around the oases of Qatif and Al-Hasa. The Majority of Saudi Shia belong to the sect of the Twelvers.[146]
Relations between the Shia and the Wahhabis are inherently strained because the Wahhabis consider the rituals of the Shia to be the epitome of shirk, or polytheism. In the late 1920s, the Ikhwan (Ibn Saud's fighting force of converted Wahhabi Bedouin Muslims) were particularly hostile to the Shia and demanded that Abd al Aziz forcibly convert them. In response, Abd al Aziz sent Wahhabi missionaries to the Eastern Province, but he did not carry through with attempts at forced conversion. In recent decades the late leading Saudi cleric, Abd al-Aziz ibn Abd Allah ibn Baaz, issued fatwa denouncing Shia as apostates, and according to Shia scholar Vali Nasr "Abdul-Rahman al-Jibrin, a member of the Higher Council of Ulama, even sanctioned the killing of Shias,[145] a call that was reiterated by Wahhabi religious literature as late as 2002."[147]
Government policy has been to allow Shia their own mosques and to exempt Shia from Hanbali inheritance practices. Nevertheless, Shia have been forbidden all but the most modest displays on their principal festivals, which are often occasions of sectarian strife in the Persian Gulf region, with its mixed Sunni–Shia populations.[146]
According to a report by the Human Rights Watch:
Shia Muslims, who constitute about eight percent of the Saudi population, faced discrimination in employment as well as limitations on religious practices. Shia jurisprudence books were banned, the traditional annual Shia mourning procession of Ashura was discouraged, and operating independent Islamic religious establishments remained illegal. At least seven Shi'a religious leaders-Abd al-Latif Muhammad Ali, Habib al-Hamid, Abd al-Latif al-Samin, Abdallah Ramadan, Sa'id al-Bahaar, Muhammad Abd al-Khidair, and Habib Hamdah Sayid Hashim al-Sadah-reportedly remained in prison for violating these restrictions."[148]
And Amnesty International adds:
Members of the Shi‘a Muslim community (estimated at between 7 and 10 per cent of Saudi Arabia’s population of about 19 million) suffer systematic political, social, cultural as well as religious discrimination.[149]
As of 2006 four of the 150 members of Saudi Arabia's "handpicked" parliament were Shia, but no city had a Shia mayor or police chief, and none of the 300 girls schools for Shia in the Eastern Province had a Shia principal. According to scholar Vali Nasr, Saudi textbooks "characterize Shiism as a form of heresy ... worse than Christianity and Judaism."[150]
Forced into exile in the 1970s, Saudi Shia leader Hassan al-Saffar is said to have been "powerfully influenced" by the works of Sunni Islamists of the Muslim Brotherhood and Jamaat-e-Islami and by their call for Islamic revolution and an Islamic state.[151]
Following the 1979 Iranian Revolution, Shia in Hasa ignored the ban on mourning ceremonies commemorating Ashura. When police broke them up three days of rampage ensued—burned cars, attacked banks, looted shops—centered around Qatif. At least 17 Shia were killed. In February 1980 disturbances were "less spontaneous" and even bloodier.[152] Meanwhile broadcasts from Iran in the name of the Islamic Revolutionary Organization attacked the monarchy, telling listeners, "Kings despoil a country when they enter it and make the noblest of its people its meanest ... This is the nature of monarchy, which is rejected by Islam."[153]
By 1993, Saudi Shia had abandoned uncompromising demands and some of al-Saffar's followers met with King Fahd with promised made for reform. In 2005 the new King Abdullah also relaxed some restrictions on the Shia.[154] However Shia continue to be arrested for commemorating Ashura as of 2006.[155] In December 2006, amidst escalating tensions in Iraq, 38 high ranking Saudi clerics called on Sunni Muslims around the world to "mobilise against Shiites".[156]
Shia Grand Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi is reported to have responded:
The Wahhabis ignore the occupation of Islam's first Qiblah by Israel, and instead focus on declaring Takfiring fatwas against Shias.[157]
[edit]Saudi Sunni
A large fraction of the foreign Sunni extremists who have entered Iraq to fight against Shia and the American occupation are thought to be Saudis. According to one estimate, of the approximately 1,200 foreign fighters captured in Syria between summer 2003 and summer 2005, 85% were Saudis.[89]
Another reflection of grassroots Wahhabi or Saudi antipathy to Shia was statement by Saudi cleric Nasir al-Umar, who accused Iraqi Shias of close ties to the United States and argued that both were enemies of Muslims everywhere.[158]
[edit]Al-Qaeda
Some Wahabi groups, often labeled as takfiri and sometimes linked to Al-Qaeda, have even advocated the persecution of the Shia as heretics.[159][160] Such groups have been allegedly responsible for violent attacks and suicide bombings at Shi'a gatherings at mosques and shrines, most notably in Iraq during the Ashura mourning ceremonies where hundreds of Shias were killed in coordinated suicide bombings,[161][162][163] but also in Pakistan and Afghanistan. However Al-Qaeda deputy Dr Ayman al-Zawahiri in a video message directed Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, of Al-Qaeda in Iraq, not to attack civilian targets but to focus on the occupation troops. His call seems to have been ignored, or swept away in the increasing tensions of Iraq under occupation.

Hahahahaha:lol: ....Roudy not everyone is as paranoid as you. I like your foreign policy expertise report :lmao:

is because denying the fact that sunnis and shiites kill each other ? what a silly clown

is because denying the fact that sunnis and shiites kill each other ? what a silly clown

Nope. TinHorn is denying and Because is deflecting.
These ignorant jackasses are funnier than the Smothers Brothers. :D

Hahahahaha:lol: ....Roudy not everyone is as paranoid as you. I like your foreign policy expertise report :lmao:
Why not ask your very good alleged Shiite friends if their relatives living in Pakistan are paranoid about being blown up by a car or homicide bomber the way many Shiites have been blown up so much. Now that we have the Internet and our own newspapers and TV reporting on these happenings, we can see exactly what is going on. This is why, when Pakistan was carved out of India, many Shiites stayed in India because they knew how the Sunnis hated them and would try to harm them.

Why not ask your very good alleged Shiite friends if their relatives living in Pakistan are paranoid about being blown up by a car or homicide bomber the way many Shiites have been blown up so much. Now that we have the Internet and our own newspapers and TV reporting on these happenings, we can see exactly what is going on. This is why, when Pakistan was carved out of India, many Shiites stayed in India because they knew how the Sunnis hated them and would try to harm them.

Why not ask your good Jewish friends why they spit on their fellow girls walking to school, why they discriminate on buses against females. You need to be closer to them first

Why not ask your good Jewish friends why they spit on their fellow girls walking to school, why they discriminate on buses against females. You need to be closer to them first
Those spitters aren't my friends. You're getting way off course.

Forum List

Back