Can there be a separation between Mosque and State?

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Most predominantly Christian countries have a separation between Church and state, do you think Muslim countries will get to the point where there is a separation between Mosque and state? do they want to? thoughts?

Which Muslim countries are you talking about? And it's none of anyone's business whether they do or they don't.

Lighten up, Bik. He merely asked a question. No reason to bite his head off.

Many Muslim nations are under Sharia law and I expect that will increase in the future. As such they would be called a theocracy.

The idea of separation of church and state was to keep the Government out of church business, not the other way around. Thanks. - Jeremiah

Even the supposedly moderate Muslim countries like Turkey have Islamic law as well, I was just wondering if this could change later down the line, I didn't start this thread to insult Muslims.

Which Muslim countries are you talking about? And it's none of anyone's business whether they do or they don't.

Umm pretty much all of them, and calm the fuck down this is just a discussion, Jesus.:eusa_hand:

I'm calm dude, this is how arabs converse lol, ill be more soft and you should start of the discussion with royal families ruling Muslim countries through dictatorships thus I don't see how Mosque is not separated from state.

Many Muslim nations are under Sharia law and I expect that will increase in the future. As such they would be called a theocracy.

The idea of separation of church and state was to keep the Government out of church business, not the other way around. Thanks. - Jeremiah

Sharia Law is just another we of saying Islamic Law, and no they aren't, have you seen gulf countries? Why should I care whether they have Islamic law or not. What Law do you want them to have? They have their constitutions and some if it is based of Islamic Law. Which I think is great in my opinion. But I don't see it increasing in certain countries, maybe a couple.

Umm pretty much all of them, and calm the fuck down this is just a discussion, Jesus.:eusa_hand:

I'm calm dude, this is how arabs converse lol, ill be more soft and you should start of the discussion with royal families ruling Muslim countries through dictatorships thus I don't see how Mosque is not separated from state.

Even the countries like Kuwait and Saudi that have royal families are ruled by Islamic law dude.

Sharia Law is just another we of saying Islamic Law, and no they aren't, have you seen gulf countries? Why should I care whether they have Islamic law or not. What Law do you want them to have? They have their constitutions and some if it is based of Islamic Law. Which I think is great in my opinion. But I don't see it increasing in certain countries, maybe a couple.

Gulf countries do have Islamic law though, maybe not full fledge shariah but they do have it.

Seriously... talk about a bik with a short fuse, eh? lol.....

Seriously without the unity of Mosque and State, Islam would become a dinosaur overnight. No one WANTS to live under Sharia law but neither will they say this because it could get them killed.

It is the religious leaders who are calling the shots inside Iran. I fully expect Achminijad to be removed once they install the new Syrian leader ( who has no use for Iran and prefers the Turks ) and give Hizbollah their walking papers.. It is possible the religious leaders will get kicked to the curb as well if they want to spin it they can always say they were liberating the Iranian youth ( 70% under age 35 I believe ) and its part of the "arab spring cleaning"...

Even the supposedly moderate Muslim countries like Turkey have Islamic law as well, I was just wondering if this could change later down the line, I didn't start this thread to insult Muslims.

It seems like it is changing but for the worse, eventually it will always come back to Islam. Because one reason, the Arabs always have corruption and capitalist society when their isn't Islam. Islam is anti capitalist and anti corruption.

Even the countries like Kuwait and Saudi that have royal families are ruled by Islamic law dude.

That wasn't my point. And they don't implement it except when they use it for political reasons. The UAE has prostitutes, nightclubs and alcohol. I've been there. There's nothing Islamic about that at all. So no they aren't.

Last edited:

It seems like it is changing but for the worse, eventually it will always come back to Islam. Because one reason, the Arabs always have corruption and capitalist society when their isn't Islam. Islam is anti capitalist and anti corruption.

Its possible to follow Islam without it being legislated though right? we don't have Islamic law here but theres nobody stopping you from living an Islamic life 24/7, thats the part I don't get.

Seriously without the unity of Mosque and State, Islam would become a dinosaur overnight. No one WANTS to live under Sharia law but neither will they say this because it could get them killed.

It is the religious leaders who are calling the shots inside Iran. I fully expect Achminijad to be removed once they install the new Syrian leader ( who has no use for Iran and prefers the Turks ) and give Hizbollah their walking papers.. It is possible the religious leaders will get kicked to the curb as well if they want to spin it they can always say they were liberating the Iranian youth ( 70% under age 35 I believe ) and its part of the "arab spring cleaning"...

So you are saying without Islamic law being legislated nobody would want Sharia?

Its possible to follow Islam without it being legislated though right? we don't have Islamic law here but theres nobody stopping you from living an Islamic life 24/7, thats the part I don't get.

Depends on various things, but Islam is a way of life and it depends what kind of legislation. Muslims don't want a secular society. At least is don't for them. It doesn't work over there and I think it's wrong. But it works here. Due to vast differences and history. Yes I can practice my religion here a hundred percent. But many factors are to be considered. Not just practice of faith.

Last edited:

Depends on various things, but Islam is a way of life and it depends what kind of legislation. Muslims don't want a secular society. At least is don't for them. It doesn't work over there and I think it's wrong. But it works here. Due to vast differences and history. Yes I can practice my religion here a hundred percent. But many factors are to be considered. Not just practice of faith.

So basically Islam is more than a religion it is a way of life and even political in many instances.

That wasn't my point. And they don't implement it except when they use it for political reasons. The UAE has prostitutes, nightclubs and alcohol. I've been there. There's nothing Islamic about that at all. So no they aren't.

I gotta go now but I will come back tomorrow to discuss this, I've been to the UAE too.

So basically Islam is more than a religion it is a way of life and even political in many instances.

Depends what you mean by political, it's inspiring. I think the word you're looking for is social.

So you are saying without Islamic law being legislated nobody would want Sharia?

You'd have your usual power hungry imams, mullahs in favor of Sharia, muslim men who'd gain from it but it would be a hard life for Muslim women, non muslims, Jews, Christians, life would be a literal hell under sharia law. We have Sharia law happening in our own courtrooms here in America, you know. They had to make a new law called American Law for American Courtrooms to counteract it. CAIR ( council of american islamic relations ) are fighting it full force right now. - Jeremiah

Forum List

Back