Can We Agree Obama Failed?

ClosedCaption 14284735
I dont like the Iran deal and that means Obama's 8 years meant nothing :mad:

You don't like it but most intelligent people around the world with expertise in that arena do like it. That puts you with the uninformed know nothing crowd so who really cares what you don't like about it.
It was sarcasm

Few people are able to convert sarcasm to the written page.

Earnest Hemmingway, one of my favorite authors, was a master. I've only been on this forum for several weeks but I've not seen a "Hemmingway" yet.

I suppose he is the first President to lose soldiers in war?
Was there some kind of point in your comment? Obama's Iraq policy was a failure. He was advised by his own people it would be a failure. Can you not acknowledge that?

We’re not spilling blood by the gallon over there in unwinable wars any longer.

That is what most Americans refer to as a victory.

Sorry.
Beiong dragged back into a war that was over is called a victory?
Iraq was a stable democracy when Obama took office. Now its a craphouse with Americans dying.

I prefer we just left them alone too.
Colin Powell’s “Pottery Barn” rule of “you break it, you’ve bought it” applies at some level. We should have never gone in to start with. Now that we did, we have to do some things I prefer we wouldn’t do. One is to try to get Iraq to stand on their own. Instead of sending entire divisions over there to get shot at for no reason, we are sending advisors who, in the case that you’re speaking of, was unfortunately killed. Its a tragedy and a travesty.

Your trying to blame the President is about a cheap and demented as it gets but we get it. You hate Obama and you will keep up this shit until he’s out of office.
Iraq was a stable democracy when we left. We did buy it and we did fix it. But Obama wanted to rush out of Iraq and make his base happy and recklessly withdrew, against the advice of his senior staff. Then things went to shit.
This isnt even open for discussion. You can quibble we should have all you want but the facts are the facts.
How exactly did Obama "rush out" when he followed Bush's timetable of withdrawal?

I'm
The theme of both Democrat candidates is things are terrible, working class people are getting screwed, the economy sucks.
Who has been in charge for the last 7+ years? Who had 2 years of filibuster proof Congress and passed major legislation, like Dodd-Frank, the stimulus, and OBamacare?
If things suck as bad as Bernie and Hillary tell us, then isnt it the fault of Obama and the Democrats and their shitty policies?
Why would we want to double down on stupid?
If Dems agree Obama has been a failure, then is there anyone who can say otherwise?

Both dems & repubs are selling out the working man. The only difference, dems are offering up a little welfare in exchange, while repubs offer up nothing, except for free advise on how you failed

Merkle, you're a jackass

ACA—huge success; could be better
Out of Iraq…total victory
Stock market up.
Deficit down
OBL dead.
GM alive

All facts.

You're a hoot.

Out of Iraq? LIE We're back in and the situation has blown up the entire middle east due to Lame Duck President Obama's, and Crooked Hillary Clinton's policies. Remember the RED LINE? Of course you don't.
Compared to the mess he inherited (that Clinton authorized), he has cleaned it up very nicely. This is a fact. Continue to argue otherwise but you’ll just make yourself look more foolish.

Stock market up...while average earnings of workers are DOWN $3.000 per year. Also, the gap, Progressives despise so much between workers and the hated 1%.
Not sure who’ve you talked to…My earnings are about the same. My 401k is doing quite nicely thank you.

Osama bin Laden? Other than a moral victory, what has that accomplished? Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama didn't think it was important.
You’ve got to be kidding me.

This is why most people think that you guys criticizing Obama is racially motivated.

Public enemy #1.
The head of the the most dangerous terrorist organization (at the time) on the face of the earth
The #1 recruitment tool they had
The guy who authorized 9/11

And you’re asking “what did killing him accomplish”?

GM alive...with the same old management and Unions SAVED. GM, perhaps in smaller parts, would have continued after a regular bankruptcy. Simple question. Had GM gone through the usual bankruptcy available to all companies, how many fewer cars would have been sold in the US?
According to the head of Ford, the associated businesses that produce parts for the big three would have gone out of business as well. There would have been a domino effect of parts shortages, repair delays, etc…

Here is a link you’ll never read because someone isn’t spoon-feeding you what you want to hear but it verifies everything I said above.

Ford Motor Co. Does U-turn on Bailouts

Ford Motor Co. Does U-turn on Bailouts
You're really boring.

I’m also really correct.
I like how the right plays down the killing of OBL. Especially when everyone knows the reason they do is because Obama got him and not Bush.
Add in the fact that Bush knew where he was since 2005.

P.S. every since Obama got popped, we have not heard much from AQ. That's three years of red alerts, terrorists tapes and arguments about Iraq connection to 9/11 that did not have to happen.

Also note that the fatass Egyptian doc is nowhere as good a leader as OBL. According AoW, it is best not to kill him . He does a pretty good job dissolving AQ back to the Arab states. ISIS is the group we need to get a hold of.

Freuden slip? From your post.

P.S. every since Obama got popped, we have not heard much from AQ. That's three years of red alerts, terrorists tapes and arguments about Iraq connection to 9/11 that did not have to happen.

You are cute.

Have not heard from Al Qaeda.

I am so impressed since most of them have merged into Lame Duck President Obama's ISIS.

Al-Qaeda calls for execution of Bill Gates and other high-profile businessmen to 'damage US economy'

The terror group made the threat in its 'Inspire' magazine along with chilling mocked-up images of the Microsoft founder covered in blood

Al-Qaeda calls for execution of Bill Gates and other high-profile businessmen
[/QUOTE]
Maybe that was a Freudian slip.

Under Osama, several attempts would have been made by now. Plans and man power would be supplied by the organization

See the difference. Osama==spectacular attack killing tens to hundreds of people.

Without Osama==constant calls for jihad to Muslims that are not part of their organization.

AQ is a shadow of itself under Zawahiri.

Ridgerunner 14285915
My opinion is that you were fooled before W came along...

I did not ask what your rediculous mindless opinion was. I want to know what you think I wrote was wrong. If you don't know what is wrong with what I wrote, it can't be wrong as far as you are concerned. You don't know. Your expressed opinion is worthless.

Rabbi 14284673
He was advised by his own people it would be a failure. Can you not acknowledge that?

Never. It is not true. There is not one of Obama's own people who advised Obama to keep troops in Iraq after the deadline set within Bush's surrender agreement with Maliki was reached. Not one adviser to Obama told him to keep troops in Iraq when the Iraqi Government decided US troops would no longer be granted immunity from Iraqi courts. No one ever advised Obama to keep troops there under those conditions.

You cannot name one because you made your statement entirely up based on absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
Ridgerunner 14285915

I did not ask what your rediculous mindless opinion was. I want to know what you think I wrote was wrong. If you don't know what is wrong with what I wrote, it can't be wrong as far as you are concerned. You don't know. Your expressed opinion is worthless.

Just another pompous ass liberal...

Ridgerunner 14285915

Just another pompous ass liberal...
Is there a more illustrious badge of honor than that for a Liberal?

awards.png

I like how the right plays down the killing of OBL. Especially when everyone knows the reason they do is because Obama got him and not Bush.

You're just way too easy.

ObamaNotEssentialtoRemoveUBL.jpg
And now, what Obama actually said...

Obama: "Capture Or Kill" Bin Laden

"I think that we have to so weaken his infrastructure that, whether he is technically alive or not, he is so pinned down that he cannot function. My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him. But if we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives, then we will meet our goal of protecting America."

"Can we agree Obama failed," the OP ponders?

Well let's ask Gallup what Americans have conveyed to them and compare Obama with every Republican president on their respective 2,674th day in office...

Eisenhower ... 62%
Obama ........ 50%
Reagan ....... 50%
Bush43 ....... 29%
Nixon ........ NR - thrown out of office for corruption
Ford ......... NR - failed president, couldn't get re-elected
Bush41 ....... NR - failed president, couldn't get re-elected

If Obama has failed, then so has every single Republican president except for Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Thanks for this thread, :laugh2: OP :laugh2:

Last edited:
RidgeRunner 14286523

Like I said:

From your link:

"Washington (CNN)One of President Barack Obama's top foreign policy advisers sought to clarify his comments about the Iran nuclear deal on Sunday, insisting the administration used standard messaging tactics -- and not deceit -- to market the plan."

No Deceit. Rabbi is the one telling a lie.

Last edited:
The theme of both Democrat candidates is things are terrible, working class people are getting screwed, the economy sucks.
Who has been in charge for the last 7+ years? Who had 2 years of filibuster proof Congress and passed major legislation, like Dodd-Frank, the stimulus, and OBamacare?
If things suck as bad as Bernie and Hillary tell us, then isnt it the fault of Obama and the Democrats and their shitty policies?
If Dems agree Obama has been a failure, then is there anyone who can say otherwise?
your premise is moot for the same reason Repubs in the senate won't do their jobs to consent to a SCOTUS appointee (not to mention the House :eusa_shhh: )

/end thread

your premise is moot for the same reason Repubs in the senate won't do their jobs to consent to a SCOTUS appointee (not to mention the House :eusa_shhh: )

/end thread

Rabbi 14284673
He was advised by his own people it would be a failure. Can you not acknowledge that?

Never. It is not true. There is not one of Obama's own people who advised Obama to keep troops in Iraq after the deadline set within Bush's surrender agreement with Maliki was reached. Not one adviser to Obama told him to keep troops in Iraq when the Iraqi Government decided US troops would no longer be granted immunity from Iraqi courts. No one ever advised Obama to keep troops there under those conditions.

You cannot name one because you made your statement entirely up based on absolutely nothing.

NotfooleedbyW, you're way to easy. I agree that you probably didn't see it at the time. The Nation and DailyKOS probably did not carry the stories on this topic.

Here is Leon Panetta, one of Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama's most trusted advisors and who President Obama appointed to head the Central Intelligence Agency. Leon Panetta disagrees with you entirely. Is Leon Panetta lying?

As you know, CBS news is one of your beloved far left Progressive news sources.

By REBECCA KAPLAN CBS NEWS October 2, 2014, 5:30 PM
Leon Panetta criticizes Obama for Iraq withdrawal

In a new book, former Defense Secretary and CIA Director Leon Panetta suggests that President Obama failed to heed his advisers who wanted to leave troops in Iraq past December 2011, which may have contributed to the rise of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

"It was clear to me--and many others--that withdrawing all our forces would endanger the fragile stability then barely holding Iraq together," Panetta writes in the book, an excerpt of which was published on Time.com this week.

Panetta acknowledged the difficulties of putting together the agreement that would have allowed U.S. forces to stay in the country - it had the support of various leaders in Iraq, but none who were willing to back it publicly - but also said the U.S. could have used its leverage, such as reconstruction aid money, to convince then-President Nouri al-Maliki to support a continued U.S. presence.

"My fear, as I voiced to the President and others, was that if the country split apart or slid back into the violence that we'd seen in the years immediately following the U.S. invasion, it could become a new haven for terrorists to plot attacks against the U.S. Iraq's stability was not only in Iraq's interest but also in ours," Panetta writes. "I privately and publicly advocated for a residual force that could provide training and security for Iraq's military."

[...]

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/leon-panetta-criticizes-obama-for-iraq-withdrawal/

My enhancements above for your convenience. I don't wish to tax your abilities.

Forum List

Back