Can we just stop with all the "Republicans hate Obama because he's black" bullshit

Gonna have to go with the Jews on this one: "Antisemitism

The word antisemitism means prejudice against or hatred of Jews."

Antisemitism

But I acknowledge your point. And it's "When you correct someone, make sure you, yourself, is [ARE] correct." Besides that you got everything right.

Semitism refers to the Semitic People.....

It is to ALWAYS be capitalized as it is a proper noun.

Albeit, certain dictionaries, such as Wikipedia allow for it without upper case....although the primary way it is listed is with the upper case S...

But if you feel it is OK to go with a lower case S because you don't give a crap about proper nouns....go for it.
Really? You should tell the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, that's what the link is to, that they are spelling it wrong? I'll wait while they update the site. I'm sure they will feel very embarrassed when you let them know eh?

Actually, I see that as an error on their part.

Look, believe what you want.....but whereas some people will write..."it is an american flag", I will write "it is an American flag"

Unless you do not feel that the Semitic People deserve the same respect as others?

Would you write "antiamerican? Would you write proamerican?

Anti semitism didn't begin when the state of Israel was created. Anti Semites have been around a long time. Again one can be critical of Israel without being anti Semitic. You're legitimizing anti semitism by blaming Israel for it.

That would be like hating Muslims due to the actions of the extremists.

I thought the left was against thinking like that.

I guess I was wrong.
You seem to have your PC glasses on? It's much easier to see the real world honestly without them.

No sir.

You seen to believe that Israel is the cause of Anti- Semitism.

It is not...and never was.

And I am not taking a position on Israel. I am a Jew...yes, but I have my issues with Israel. With the help of the rest of the world, Israel kicked those poor people off their land....and gave them a shit hole to live in....sort of what we did with the Native Americans..

But that is a debate for another day.

Why would the Left hate the Jews? Most of them vote our way. And yes there is some antisemitism but if Israel did not exist there would be very little indeed. That squatter nation causes a lot of ill will, for good reason.

Anti semitism didn't begin when the state of Israel was created. Anti Semites have been around a long time. Again one can be critical of Israel without being anti Semitic. You're legitimizing anti semitism by blaming Israel for it.
No, I'm saying there's more of it because of that, which is true.

You're blaming Israel for people's hatred of Jews. You're giving anti semitism a legitimate rational. You're also ignoring history when you say without Israel there would be very little anti semitism.

Why would the Left hate the Jews? Most of them vote our way. And yes there is some antisemitism but if Israel did not exist there would be very little indeed. That squatter nation causes a lot of ill will, for good reason.

that's not true.

There is not more of it because of Israel.

Jews were killed by the hundreds of thousands centuries ago.

They were killed by the millions well before Israel was established.

Maybe you hate Jews because of Israel...I don't know.

But Jews have been hated for centuries.

You're blaming Israel for people's hatred of Jews. You're giving anti semitism a legitimate rational. You're also ignoring history when you say without Israel there would be very little anti semitism.
I'm blaming Zionism. The fact that the Jews have been kicked around over the centuries, and done their own share of kicking, doesn't change the fact that a large part of antisemitism currently is because of the state of Israel. The Jews have allowed themselves to be thought of as Israelis, which is a very bad thing for the Jews. And hatred isn't rational, but it's normal in humans. It's part of why they suck so bad.

That would be like hating Muslims due to the actions of the extremists.

I thought the left was against thinking like that.

I guess I was wrong.
You seem to have your PC glasses on? It's much easier to see the real world honestly without them.

And I am not taking a position on Israel. I am a Jew...yes, but I have my issues with Israel. With the help of the rest of the world, Israel kicked those poor people off their land....and gave them a shit hole to live in....sort of what we did with the Native Americans..

You'll get no debate from me on that. And look up what is driving antisemitism currently. It won't take you long to find it.

What's really funny is Christian Zionism. They desperately want the Jews there. so that Jesus can come back, and then damn them all to Hell.

You'll get no debate from me on that. And look up what is driving antisemitism currently. It won't take you long to find it.

What's really funny is Christian Zionism. They desperately want the Jews there. so that Jesus can come back, and then damn them all to Hell.

I am a Jew. I hear it from my Rabbi pretty much every sermon he gives....fore over 50 years now.

It is not Israel...that is left side rhetoric....I can read all you want me to.....but it is simply opinion usually offered for money in return. You cant make money writing about things that were already written about.

Israel didn't exist when The Egyptians enslaved us and killed our children. Nor was it around when Hitler decided we did not deserve to live.

Israel is a target....but not the cause.

I am a Jew. I hear it from my Rabbi pretty much every sermon he gives....fore over 50 years now.

It is not Israel...that is left side rhetoric....I can read all you want me to.....but it is simply opinion usually offered for money in return. You cant make money writing about things that were already written about.

Israel didn't exist when The Egyptians enslaved us and killed our children. Nor was it around when Hitler decided we did not deserve to live.

1. Why were your people there? (you should know)
2. He's why we have the bloody thing now. (no one wanted the Jews, not even us)
3. I wish that were true, but it isn't. The Israelis are the South Africa of the Middle East, and you know what kind of crap the world gave to SA correct?

Semitism refers to the Semitic People.....

It is to ALWAYS be capitalized as it is a proper noun.

Albeit, certain dictionaries, such as Wikipedia allow for it without upper case....although the primary way it is listed is with the upper case S...

But if you feel it is OK to go with a lower case S because you don't give a crap about proper nouns....go for it.
Really? You should tell the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, that's what the link is to, that they are spelling it wrong? I'll wait while they update the site. I'm sure they will feel very embarrassed when you let them know eh?

Look, believe what you want.....but whereas some people will write..."it is an american flag", I will write "it is an American flag"

Unless you do not feel that the Semitic People deserve the same respect as others?

Sure thing, those dumb Jews, who run that Jewish Museum, and you know better of course but they won't listen right? Got it.

Antisemitism

Sure thing, those dumb Jews, who run that Jewish Museum, and you know better of course but they won't listen right? Got it.

Antisemitism

I did not say that.

I said I see it as an error on their part. Never called them dumb Jews. You used that term.

Furthermore, I explained WHY I saw it as an error on their part. I did not say they were wrong, I said I saw it as an error...that I...me....saw it as an error for I believe, as my congregation believes, that the Semitic People deserve the respect of upper case S when it comes to referring to them.

As I said....Wikipedia has it listed BOTH ways......

Which means there is good reason for some to use the upper case S...

If you prefer not, go for it.

Antisemitism (also spelled anti-semitism or anti-Semitism.

Antisemitism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FYI....if you were to type Anti Semitism all three ways I show it above in this forum?

The only one that would NOT have a red underline (implying misspelling) is anti-Semitism

3. I wish that were true, but it isn't. The Israelis are the South Africa of the Middle East, and you know what kind of crap the world gave to SA correct?

I may be wrong...but I have this gut feeling you are not a fan of Jews.

Its OK. We don't need your support.

Where's the left calling out the anti Semitism? No where to be found, as usual.

Antisemitism

I did not say that.

I said I see it as an error on their part. Never called them dumb Jews. You used that term.

Furthermore, I explained WHY I saw it as an error on their part. I did not say they were wrong, I said I saw it as an error...that I...me....saw it as an error for I believe, as my congregation believes, that the Semitic People deserve the respect of upper case S when it comes to referring to them.

FYI....if you were to type Anti Semitism all three ways I show it above in this forum?

The only one that would NOT have a red underline (implying misspelling) is anti-Semitism
You should test that again. The one that shows it is spelled correctly is antisemitism.

Antisemitism

I did not say that.

You should test that again. The one that shows it is spelled correctly is antisemitism.

anti-Semitism anti-semitism anti-semitism

Just tried it again.

Either you are a liar or......well....you are a liar.

The only one NOT underlined is the first one.

I may be wrong...but I have this gut feeling you are not a fan of Jews.

Its OK. We don't need your support.
No, you don't. And I'm not a fan of any religious group so that would of course include the Jews as well, even though they are a faith, a people, and a culture all in one. It's the Zionists I really hate, regardless of their faith.

I did not say that.

anti-Semitism anti-semitism anti-semitism
Just tried it again.

Either you are a liar or......well....you are a liar.

The only one NOT underlined is the first one.
Got to be a browser thing then. Mine shows all three of those are wrong but not antisemitism. A good thing to remember, for you as well.

And you might want to hold back on the Liar thing next time.

Click on my screenshot....

anti-Semitism

antisemitism

anti-semitism

Attachments

• $Untitled.jpg
    $Untitled.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 61

Forum List

Back