Can Whites or Asians be "uppity"?

R

rdean

I was thinking back about when Republicans were calling President Obama and Mrs. Obama "uppity". I can't remember ever hearing any white person or Asian described as "uppity". Not sure about Hispanics.

What does it mean to be "uppity"? Can only one race be "uppity"? Can gays be "uppity"? Never heard of gays referred to as "uppity". What about women?

Since one of the new panel members going after Obama publicly refers to the President as "uppity", can someone who is "uppity" be presumed innocent?

BnTsZqwCQAAuf8v.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:
Uppity people come in all races! And I have heard many white people called uppity.

More evidence that rdean is a hard core racist. No one else would even think these things.

Uppity means self-important, arrogant, snooty and is in no way confined to just meaning blacks.

Pelosi, aside from being mental, is uppity. She absolutely comes off as if she is better than everyone else in the room, as if 'we' are just little people that she lords over.

obama comes off as uppity ... as if he is somehow better than the rest of us non-elitists. I do not get that same impression from the Mrs.

I've known people who are uppity and have called them such ... they were white.

The only person who thinks that uppity belongs to blacks is someone who is looking for more division. Congratulations, weenie.

Uppity is a word that recalls what happened when black people tried to actually be full fledged citizens of their own country, not sure the word can be used effectively for other races as none of them are officially considered second-class citizens by the police, courts and society at large.

is it his duty here just to stir up hate?

it get's more ugly everyday

UPPITY is really a CLASS putdown, more than a racial putdown.

The reason it used to be often used on people of color is that they were seen to be acting like they were in higher class than the person complaining thought they belonged in.

Often (especially in the 60s when racial tension were so high) you'd also hear the phrase that decribes what uppity means, as in:

They don't know their place​

Well what does PLACE describe if not CLASS?

Clearly they knew they were Black ergo PLACE must have meant something other than race, eh?

I can't even remember the last time I heard the word "uppity" used in a conversation.

But in Deanie boy's psycho world it's an everyday expression. .. :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

In his world it's a term that applies exclusively to blacks despite all people being proud and arrogant.

I was thinking back about when Republicans were calling President Obama and Mrs. Obama "uppity". I can't remember ever hearing any white person or Asian described as "uppity". Not sure about Hispanics.

What does it mean to be "uppity"? Can only one race be "uppity"? Can gays be "uppity"? Never heard of gays referred to as "uppity". What about women?

Since one of the new panel members going after Obama publicly refers to the President as "uppity", can someone who is "uppity" be resumed innocent?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDm3zCvN4ao]Hedley Lamarr 1080HD - YouTube[/ame]

Since one of the new panel members going after Obama publicly refers to the President as "uppity", can someone who is "uppity" be resumed innocent?

Liberals can only keep going as long as the race card has not expired. Unity and Harmony are only valuable to Liberals as long these attributes are never realized.

saying "uppity" is racist---you should be jailed.

How does stuff like this even enter a thought process?

You folks are absolutely obsessed with skin color and ethnicity.

You've completely divided this country, torn it apart, pitted American against American over and over and over, made the phrase E Pluribus Unum a relic.

Isn't that enough?

ummm..... if you read the news you might know. :eusa_doh: It came from :up: your people

44 - Georgia GOP Congressman Calls Obama 'Uppity'
Westmoreland briefly gained some national attention when he sponsored legislation to post the Ten Commandments in the House and Senate chambers. Asked by Stephen Colbert in 2006 to name all ten, Westmoreland stumbled. "Um, don't murder, don't lie, don't steal," he offered, before confessing, "I can't name them."

:lol:

Last edited:

How does stuff like this even enter a thought process?

You folks are absolutely obsessed with skin color and ethnicity.

You've completely divided this country, torn it apart, pitted American against American over and over and over, made the phrase E Pluribus Unum a relic.

Isn't that enough?

ummm..... if you read the news you might know. :eusa_doh: It came from :up: your people

44 - Georgia GOP Congressman Calls Obama 'Uppity'

And interpreted by "your" people.

:rolleyes:

Can Whites or Asians be "uppity"?

Of course! They were children once upon a time, and all children are uppity sooner or later.

Forum List

Back