Can you imagine being 6 golf strokes ahead in a huge tournament and told live, you have Covid and have to withdraw

He Just got his shot, but not before being exposed to the Covid case he caught. He wasn't immune yet and still isn't. Why he waited so long, I don't know but he took it like a man. He has got to be so disappointed.
Crazy, PGA should have seen to it that every player, caddy, official etc was fully vaxed vaxed prior to the Masters.
Those protocols have been nearly 100% in other professional sports!
Well, golfers aren't hired by the PGA; that's probably the difference? They're just individuals, not players under contract with a team.
Yes, but they totally ARE under contract with the PGA. It’s a card that is earned and contracts signed. The PGA (and LPGA) take a percentage of endorsements and bigly bucks on footage used in ads.

To me, if the guy was already out there playing, he should've been allowed to finish. It wasn't like his equipment was going to be used later by other people if everyone else there brings their own golf clubs, shoes, etc.

God bless you and the guy always!!!

Holly

P.S. In my opinion, if the matter was serious enough, making the guy wear a mask would've been sufficient enough, especially if the guy was already wearing gloves.
The rules were written and used for over 50 events. Would you really write rules that would allow COVID-19 positive players to play as long as they wear a mask outside? Do you really think that would be adopted for pro sporting events of that size. I thought y’all believed that masks don’t work?
I am only asking what I ask due to the fact that the guy was even allowed to get started playing that day at all period. If rule enforcement was really that important to whoever yanked him from the picture, they never would've allowed him to be in front of that camera in the first place. To me, they have made it as clear as crystal glass that their only intention was to embarrass him.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. If I was playing against him, I would've taken a stand and said, "I won't be playing until he is able to return."
Rahm took it like a gentleman and his fellow competitors are acting classy as well. Golf is a game of character and integrity and the USGA and PGA do a fine job upholding those standards. The rules were clear. He had been flagged prior to the event because he had been exposed to somebody who tested positive. He had limited access and was tested daily and knew the rules that a positive test was a DQ.

He was allowed to play under the rules and he was DQed under the rules. Not sure what kind of stand you think i the other players should take but it sounds like it would be an irrational one
The fact that golf is a game of character and integrity should have been more than enough reason for Donald Trump never to have taken it up! ;)
Trump does not play golf. He plays his own fucked of version of rich guy driving a cart around a field hitting a ball around
Trump played a round with an executive from either ESPN or Sports Illustrated (from the book, Commander in Cheat) and when they were finished Trump told the guy "you owe me $27.00. The man said "I`m not giving you a nickel. You cheated on every hole". He takes gimmees from 8ft. out.
Taking gimmees from 8 feet out would sure improve my game!
Your lips to God’s ear OL!! :D

No, the thread is about golf - The game your CHEAT-o God dishonors.
HEY, congratulations! You got part of it correct, the thread is about golf. Now, what about golf? Come on little Marxist tool, you can do it. So far you have taken way too many strokes and landed in the rough way too many times. You are WAY over par.
You’ve been taking “strokes” since middle school Loony Bird.
Most of us have. Is your wrist sore? :lol:

So fill in the blank Miss Cleo:
It is okay to cheat unless your bet is over $_____
I never said it's OK to cheat. Are you high or something? Again, the thread is about the guy that got canceled in a golf tournament because he had the flu. Can you just TRY to stick to the topic? Your life experiences are not interesting.
And your bullshit settled me right in to my 2 PM nap.

You’ve been taking “strokes” since middle school Loony Bird.
Most of us have. Is your wrist sore?
Golf Dr. Fool, strokes as in golf strokes. You claim to play golf apparently that is a lie.

Excuse me for bringing ethnicity into the mix.

But IMHO if that golf player had been a non-Caucasian, he would never been embarrassed like that on live TV, and he would have definitely been allowed to continue playing in order to win the money.

White privilege? I think not!

But IMHO if that golf player had been a non-Caucasian, he would never been embarrassed like that on live TV, and he would have definitely been allowed to continue playing in order to win the money.

No. He would not. You are deranged

Oh C’mon Parse - You’re gonna bring RACE into the mix here or are you being satirical?

They still play golf outside, right? So what’s the BFD? He isn’t a threat to anyone and it’s his choice if he feels like playing.
I hope he sues the living shit out of every democrat and democrat appeaser he can.
I hope everyone that he infects sues the %$#@ out of him as he knowingly was exposed to a positive case and should have quarantined given the fact that he was not vaccinated. It's not about his choice it's about everyone around him. That's the BFD.
You’re a moronic sheep. You can’t spread this disease outside.
Change the channel.
Your ridicule shows how shallow of a human being you are.

The golfer was not outside from the time he was exposed to the time they pulled him off the course.

They still play golf outside, right? So what’s the BFD? He isn’t a threat to anyone and it’s his choice if he feels like playing.
I hope he sues the living shit out of every democrat and democrat appeaser he can.
I hope everyone that he infects sues the %$#@ out of him as he knowingly was exposed to a positive case and should have quarantined given the fact that he was not vaccinated. It's not about his choice it's about everyone around him. That's the BFD.
Change the channel.

The golfer was not outside from the time he was exposed to the time they pulled him off the course.
Once it’s known he’s positive he can stay away from others indoors and continue to finish his golfing — outdoors.
You have to be one of those people who wore a mask while driving alone.

Change the channel.

Once it’s known he’s positive he can stay away from others indoors and continue to finish his golfing — outdoors.
And you know for a fact he did that.

Change the channel.

Do the math.
If he was indoors with people before knowing he was positive then there is nothing he or anyone can do about that afterwards.
So then he can continue to play outdoors with no consequences.

Change the channel.

Do the math.
If he was indoors with people before knowing he was positive then there is nothing he or anyone can do about that afterwards.
I was told there would be no math.

Your lips to God’s ear OL!!
Mentally handicapped TDSer^^^^^
Poor Leo - Magnificently losing thread. Calls others (as does his Dear Leader) .. Losers. :lol:
Sooo ask me a golf question asshole!

Dr. Loathsome is such a loser. He has no salient point to make so he just trolls.

Poor Leo - Magnificently losing thread. Calls others (as does his Dear Leader) .. Losers. :lol:
Sooo ask me a golf question asshole!
Well, you are a loser, just calling a spade a spade. What's your handicap?

Change the channel.

Do the math.
And then he pees behind a tree yes?
IDIOT

Please. This ain't a golf thread.

This is a Covid thread. Happened TODAY!!!!

6 strokes with 18 left happens once or twice a year. That is unreal to lose 1.6 million within your grasp and get ZERO

I'm sure Niklaus will take care of that, in that this never happened ever event. He is the tournament host
Why are they acting like it’s a death sentence? He obviously isn’t sick at all. A positive test isn’t a diagnosis from a doctor.
What lunacy.

Please. This ain't a golf thread.

This is a Covid thread. Happened TODAY!!!!

6 strokes with 18 left happens once or twice a year. That is unreal to lose 1.6 million within your grasp and get ZERO

I'm sure Niklaus will take care of that, in that this never happened ever event. He is the tournament host
Why are they acting like it’s a death sentence? He obviously isn’t sick at all. A positive test isn’t a diagnosis from a doctor.
What lunacy.
Yep, we can largely agree that you’re a lunatic.

Forum List

Back