Can you imagine being 6 golf strokes ahead in a huge tournament and told live, you have Covid and have to withdraw

Please. This ain't a golf thread.

This is a Covid thread. Happened TODAY!!!!

6 strokes with 18 left happens once or twice a year. That is unreal to lose 1.6 million within your grasp and get ZERO

I'm sure Niklaus will take care of that, in that this never happened ever event. He is the tournament host
Why are they acting like it’s a death sentence? He obviously isn’t sick at all. A positive test isn’t a diagnosis from a doctor.
What lunacy.
A positive test means he is contagious. How are you not following?!
Why did they test him at every hole when he already tested negative 3 plus times?
They should have at least offered him a chance to play in a hazmat suit.

Here is the other 3 in my foursome. We actually do everything together in 4 somes

It’s okay to work out rules prior to an informal round.
We usually agree to one mulligan off the tee per 18 holes.
PS: Leo is obviously a prick who probably cheats
I didn't mention rules, I said $50 is not a serious game or bet. In any case the thread is about the poor guy that got disqualified for having a benign case of the flu. You keep obfuscating.
So fill in the blank Miss Cleo:
It is okay to cheat unless your bet is over $_____
Luvie. What kind of golf game you have??????

I'm on a traveling league and have around a 13 handicap. This means I shoot an average of about an 85

This is our traveling league rules.

Anything under 7000 yards is a seniors yardage. 6200 yard courses are putt putt

You must walk on this league. If you are hurt and can still play, you can use a cart but scores don't count.

Tee off times are at 11:00. We like broiling brutal conditions and by 3 you feel it

We have the greens faster than a pool table. All our courses have tricky breaking putter busting mayhem

We only play hilly side winding courses with narrow fairways and tricky roughs

We like lots of lakes and sand traps

So that is my 85....on a pussy course of 6200 I'd be about a 9 or 10 on a childrens course

These golf balls today are so illegal lolol.................On a good day I can drive it 265-70...................When I was 28, About 275

This pos thread got 11 pages....................lolol
An 85 on courses like that is worthy. That was about my average score when I was playing more often.

Of course I’ve been in the Pacific NW for past 30 years and there are 4-5 months a year, raining or snowing which makes winter fairly unfeasible.

Buf you didn’t answer my question Ms Cleo:

Its okay to cheat unless your bet is over ____
I don't remember being asked that one Mr L

Cheating what???

We do allow one point of cheating on the course. You can use your club to get the best lie in the fairway, but no lift and place unless it plugs. Gotta have one break
Oh sorry - was it Leo who suggested a $50 bet was meaningless and so cheating was cool?
You seem to know your golf so I figured it was you!
We play winter rules a lot in my parts. Chunk of mud on your ball, cool to pick/wipe/place. Ditto if ya wind up in a puddle in middle fairway.

Oh sorry - was it Leo who suggested a $50 bet was meaningless and so cheating was cool?
We play winter rules a lot in my parts. Chunk of mud on your ball, cool to pick/wipe/place. Ditto if ya wind up in a puddle in middle fairway.
I never said cheating was cool, you're a fucking liar. Also, you asked me to ask you a golf question many, many posts ago, so far you can't answer so I guess your only strategy is to lie and insult.

I never said cheating was cool, you're a fucking liar. Also, you asked me to ask you a golf question many, many posts ago, so far you can't answer so I guess your only strategy is to lie and insult.
C’mon Leo - You suggested 50 bucks was a chump bet unworthy of worrying about cheaters.

So now you spin? :laugh2:

C’mon Leo - You suggested 50 bucks was a chump bet unworthy of worrying about cheaters.

So now you spin?
I did say $50 wasn't much of a bet, the rest is some fantasy you made up. BTW are you ever going to answer my golf question?

Kudos to Rahm for winning the coveted US Open Championship. More kudos for how he carried himself since his DQ. Many of you on this board should take notes. He went out of his way in his acceptance speech to tell the world to be vigilant and to take Covid seriously. He said his DQ was what had to be done. And he dedicated his win to a friend and Spanish journalist who recently died of COVID. Cheers Me Rahm. Well done!

“I had the best possible hand because nobody in my family got sick, I barely had any symptoms. But we have lost lots of people back home. I know some people may say [what happened at Memorial] was unfair, but it had to be done. We have to be aware of what is happening in this world.”

Forum List

Back