Can You Ship Bullet Primers?

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
My uncle back east can't find any bullet primers, but saw a couple of places online here in Vegas that carry them. He wants to know if I can buy them and ship them to him, but I'm pretty sure this would be considered hazardous material. Anyone ever done this before?

My uncle back east can't find any bullet primers, but saw a couple of places online here in Vegas that carry them. He wants to know if I can buy them and ship them to him, but I'm pretty sure this would be considered hazardous material. Anyone ever done this before?
/—-/ It seems the places in Vegas would know how to ship them and would probably do it for you.

You have to use a Haz-Mat certified shipper and the haz-mat fee can be steep, some charge up to $35. Usually it's a one time per shipment cost so the more ya buy the better as you get charged that fee per individual shipping. And no, USPS will not ship it.

Ixnay on shipping those through the USPS, the FEDs will show up at your door if some ham-fisted postal worker throws the box and they go off. I believe the USPS also has "sniffers" that would detect the lead styphente and tegtrazine compounds in the primers, but I'm not sure. I got a nasty letter from the Postmaster General last year for selling a Korean War era US Army compass to a guy in the UK. It had radioactive material in the pointer and set off a detector when it got to Customs in the UK. They also forwarded the letter to Homeland Security, so I'm sure that I'm on some government shitlist somewhere.

Just box them up in an air-tight bullet-proof packaging and ship them through Fedex without declaring what they are, if you feel brave.

Although, I wouldn't recommend it. I"m just sayin'.

Forum List

Back