Can you spot the propaganda in this story?

Try learning the language and get back to me.

Do you find the headline accurate, or is it an intentional effort to smear the State of FL. Personally I think it's the latter and told the editors so.
Your thoughts?

One should never expect headlines to serve as an accurate summary of the article below. Their main purpose is to entice readers to read the article. If it captured your attention enough to do so, then it worked and was a worthy headline.

The worse cases of headlines I've come across are found in blatant left and right leaning media where the click bait approach is quite noticeable. I especially hate the ones where the headline is in form of a question. I form an immediate negative attitude towards these, don't waste my time with them, and pass them over with thought they should come back when they figure out what they're talking about.

As for the article in question itself, to me it came across as something a lower college level journalism major would write. Two incidents that occurred at least a hundred miles apart sure doesn't come across to me as any sort of "rash". I didn't take it as any slant against Florida, seemed more like the "Newser Editors" vain attempt to come across as some major news publication while ending up more like the Daily Planet.

That's one of many many many many reasons the internet has become a negative for our society.

Everyone online is desperate for views, clicks, likes, thumbs up and attention. Especially news outlets, there are so damn many sources for news now it's impossible to read them all and each one survived based on traffic and attention.

So with so many countless things to see online they now how to resort to misleading, lying, tricking and misdirecting people to get views and clicks. They all use false narratives, and stories involving the most extreme possible language they can. And as people become more desensitized these places have to take it even further for attention.

Everything news related is always this extreme and alarmist and shocking headlines to get people to look.

It won't be long before news sources just start outright making up everything so they can try to grab a new more followers.

Attention gets them money, and we all know money is more important than anything else, to them even reality or the truth.

That's one of many many many many reasons the internet has become a negative for our society.

Everyone online is desperate for views, clicks, likes, thumbs up and attention. Especially news outlets, there are so damn many sources for news now it's impossible to read them all and each one survived based on traffic and attention.

So with so many countless things to see online they now how to resort to misleading, lying, tricking and misdirecting people to get views and clicks. They all use false narratives, and stories involving the most extreme possible language they can. And as people become more desensitized these places have to take it even further for attention.

Everything news related is always this extreme and alarmist and shocking headlines to get people to look.

It won't be long before news sources just start outright making up everything so they can try to grab a new more followers.

Attention gets them money, and we all know money is more important than anything else, to them even reality or the truth.
clickbait.

But the question is "were they killed" as the headline stated? Also the story covered two different incidents.

Located separately and pronounced dead at hospitals, usually indicates death. Many people, (especially non-coastal people) simply do not know what to do if a rip current is taking them out to deep water, and panic. This happens along all coasts, to unwary tourists, those ignoring signs, warning of danger, not having skills to deal with ocean waves and currents, not having water rescue skills (particularly in multiple drownings), etc.

I call it death by misadventure. It can happen anywhere, and does. Some people ignore signs regarding trail hazards, animal hazards, geo-thermal hazards, all kinds of hazards, in parks, recreational areas, and outdoor environments, not restricted to beaches.

No. That is what the article is for.

When you read the article did your mind go to republicans in Florida are creating rip tides to get people killed?

No, their intent was to insinuate that vacationing in FL is unsafe. You're likely to be killed shortly after arriving.

No, their intent was to insinuate that vacationing in FL is unsafe. You're likely to be killed shortly after arriving.

You have no idea what the intent was.

Now you are just being silly and creating a narrative to support your initial reaction.

Maybe you should take a step back from politics for a bit because it seems to effecting your reason and logic.

It's just an article dude. No conspiracy to see here.

Well moron, you'll note they all used the word "killed", past tense. In your ignorance of the language, you used the word "killing", present tense. Now run along to your ESL class for a refresher.

Forum List

Back