Can you trust CNN?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
We all know that the 'liberal' media is going to go after republicans and I'm glad they do because politicians should be questioned. However, can you really trust any positive coverage of a democrat if they purposely (or even accidentally) refuse to disperse news that is critical of a democratic politician? Wouldn't that positive image of any democratic candidate that they project be in question considering they won't say anything negative about them that happens to exist?

• Banned
nope. they all lie.

I'm not saying they all lie but more asking whether or not someone can trust a positive image of a democratic candidate if they refuse to show anything negative about them. I'm sure they tell the truth when it is a republican but when it is a democrat it seems never to come up on their channels. I don't know if democrats necessarily deserve their positve image that they have with the public.
What if CNN covered this association

Can you trust CNN?

It used to be that CNN was the place to go for decent coverage of world news. Now they try to cram as much shit down our throats as possible in hopes of increasing ratings.

CNN_feature.jpg

Last edited:
YES I trust CNN, well at least much more than MSNBC and FOX News.

Senator Byrd denounced and left the KKK over 60 years ago, and over 35 years ago he had said it was the worst mistake of his life...

Senator Byrd was a work in progress and a repentant man....not perfect, but no one is....

And he was a stickler for the Constitution and the rules of the Senate....no one knew either, better than him.

There is nothing at all wrong with admiring him, even with his long ago past connection with the KKK....

We all know that the 'liberal' media is going to go after republicans and I'm glad they do because politicians should be questioned. However, can you really trust any positive coverage of a democrat if they purposely (or even accidentally) refuse to disperse news that is critical of a democratic politician? Wouldn't that positive image of any democratic candidate that they project be in question considering they won't say anything negative about them that happens to exist?

Can you trust ANY media? Should you trust any one source anyway? People who do are generally people who don't bother thinking much. This leads to 95% or more of people voting for the main two parties.

Senator Byrd denounced and left the KKK over 60 years ago, and over 35 years ago he had said it was the worst mistake of his life...

Senator Byrd was a work in progress and a repentant man....not perfect, but no one is....

And he was a stickler for the Constitution and the rules of the Senate....no one knew either, better than him.

There is nothing at all wrong with admiring him, even with his long ago past connection with the KKK....

I agree about Sen. Bird. I imagine in those days joining the clan was "the thing" to do. diffrence times and all that.

It seems like loyalty to the democratic party transcends good taste and judgement. I'm glad you are cool with it. Obama should announce that in a few months that he is OK with anyone who was a member of the KKK during any moment of his life. He doesn't because that won't get the black or minority vote.

If she was a Republican you would be saying the opposite and you know it.

It seems like loyalty to the democratic party transcends good taste and judgement. I'm glad you are cool with it. Obama should announce that in a few months that he is OK with anyone who was a member of the KKK during any moment of his life. He doesn't because that won't get the black or minority vote.
Surely you are young and have no experience in life itself.... :rolleyes:

or know the difference between those in the KKK vs. those who have walked away from it, and changed their lives completely, over a life long period of time....

I don't want to be judged for the rest of my life for what crazy things I did and how I felt, in my Twenties... the only advantage of being older, is wisdom...you live and learn, every day of your life.

CNN is pretty much the gold standard when it comes to television news. AP is much better. I wish they had their own TV channel. CNN is very good however.

One has to remember that in Conservistan; content=credibility.

She could hate senator Byrd for all I care, and she would be wrong in doing so, imho....

I watched him every day, that cspan covered the Senate for the last 10 years of his life... he was a good man...or rather became a good man.... we can all, only hope, the same can be said about ourselves and our own demons...once it's time to meet our maker.

She could hate senator Byrd for all I care, and she would be wrong in doing so, imho....

I watched him every day, that cspan covered the Senate for the last 10 years of his life... he was a good man...or rather became a good man.... we can all, only hope, the same can be said about ourselves and our own demons...once it's time to meet our maker.
That's not what I was saying. Hate him or not, you'll support her because she's a Democrat. If she were a Republican you would be calling her a racist for the association.

Any news outlet that is driven by market share and advertising revenue cannot be trusted. They all strive to be alarmists and circus barkers, holding the attention of the consumers through commercials with promises of provocative news to follow immediately thereafter. It is often that a particularly juicy teaser will precede several commercial breaks before the story is aired.

Our news media is a nothing short of tabloid journalism. National Enquirer headlines, Jerry Springer, Naked and Afraid and stories of three headed alien babies to follow. Stay tuned!

That's not what I was saying. Hate him or not, you'll support her because she's a Democrat. If she were a Republican you would be calling her a racist for the association.
Nope, even when the Dems jumped all over Senator Lott for praising Strom Thurmond on his birthday to make him feel special, I did not believe Lott was being racist...and I spoke out, saying such...

Nope, even when the Dems jumped all over Senator Lott for praising Strom Thurmond on his birthday to make him feel special, I did not believe Lott was being racist...and I spoke out, saying such...
I agree. He just made a poor choice in wording.

Any news outlet that is driven by market share and advertising revenue cannot be trusted. They all strive to be alarmists and circus barkers, holding the attention of the consumers through commercials with promises of provocative news to follow immediately thereafter. It is often that a particularly juicy teaser will precede several commercial breaks before the story is aired.

Our news media is a nothing short of tabloid journalism. National Enquirer headlines, Jerry Springer, Naked and Afraid and stories of three headed alien babies to follow. Stay tuned!

so, you are saying, ALL media, can never be trusted...including blogs and internet media, which also is out to make money?

Can't trust any news channel, or anyone within the government, fact-check EVERYONE and EVERYTHING, especially news stations, establishment politicians, and scientists.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back