Can you understand?

dpr112yme

Jul 1, 2016
I'm not sure if anyone is going to understand this but:

There used to be a time when doctors were held in esteem. They were trustworthy. And there used to be a time when others were looked upon and held in esteem. There used to be a time when the police was trusted and called upon for help and there was a time when after they arrived, the person could tell all the minutest detail to without any fear. There used to be a time when the police were welcomed inside the home. There used to be a time when teachers were looked upon with esteem as they taught the children the ABC'S and 123'S. There used to be a time when neighbors were not feared. There used to be a time when businessmen would be seen to uprightly go to work in their suits. And there used to be a time when the women were seen staying home tending to home matters. There used to be a time when the children would return from school to be greeted by the mother and there used to be a time when having school friends over was dependent upon the mother. There used to be a time when kids played on the streets and when it was time for lunch or dinner, the parent would call out from the front door.

Now doctors wear fashion designer brands and they are better looking than most people on the streets. Now there are doctors who don't look past the age of 28 advising you how you should take care of yourself. Now you call the police and you're blessed if they show up. Now you are blessed if you have not had your mail box tampered with. Now you are blessed if you can leave home without having some form of confrontation. Now you are blessed if you even see a man in a business suit going to work. Now days it's all about the Starbucks coffee and lunch areas. Having a cup of Starbucks while doing anything has become a status sign. A status sign of being modern. (Even though the coffee tastes like bitter herbs). Now days, you go into Jamba Juice and order a side order of 'grass'. Green grass.. Now the cost of vegetables and fruits are more expensive than any meats. Now, it costs more to live off of vegetables and fruits than to fill your refrigerator up with a cow every time you need a new cow. Now the milk they sell you in the fast food restaurants tastes like coffee creamer. Now you can't get proper change back and you wait in line too long to get a burger (even through drive through). Now you have to leave 2 hours early to get to your job on time. And now no one even expects anyone to be on time.

I'm not sure if anyone will understand what I am trying to say, but there used to be a time when these sorts of things did happen.

It sounds like I cannot accept the changes which are going on around me. And maybe that is very true. Maybe if I was a child again, all this that is going on would not be anything to be worried over. Maybe these daily things would be 'normal'. Maybe coming home from school to an empty home or just going to another place to hang out until 6 or 7 in the evening to go home would be an everyday after school thing and who knows, maybe I'd get really good at it? Who knows, what sorts of things I'd be searching on the internet if I had the mind as a child again. Maybe I'd aspire to grow up to be a car racer like every 'cool' adult on the street is doing. If I was a child again, I would have all these current things to look to and sense where I would want my life to be in say, 20 years. "When I grow up, I want to be"..... And there was a time when kids did say this. Maybe I cannot accept the changes which have hit head on in the last 5 years. But if I was a child, I don't think it would matter too much. So even though I may not be able to accept doctors being untrustworthy and police being unlawful and teachers to be men who wear women's underpants, and/or visa versa, I am still allowed to remind myself that these things are not an archaic thing but a really really new thing.

And I'm not sure anybody is going to understand...

Last edited:
An example.. I was in a court room a little while back.. A young male, maybe 22 years of age or so was called for his 'hearing'. The court room lawyer reads the charge to which the Judge asks, how would you like to plea? The 22 year old says, "I'd like to plead guilty and pay the fine, Your Honor."

This form of pleading guilty to avoid any other court hearing over an infraction/misdermeanor is a very expected response unless the person is truly innocent and wants to avoid paying the fines. Well, the Judge says, "I'm sorry, I'm not sure I heard you correctly. How would you like to plea?" The 22 year old repeats the same thing. "I'd like to plead guilty and pay the fine, Your Honor." The Judge repositions himself on his seat and asks again. "How would you like to plea?" The 22 year old responds the same. The Judge looks at the 22 year old and says, "I don't think you heard my question. You do know that I can put you behind bars and make you pay the maximum fine of 1,000 dollars if you don't plead innocent right?" The Judge goes on and asks, "And do you want me to do this?"
The 22 year old male looks at him and responds, "no." So the Judge tells the 22 year old, "Okay, so this is what you are going to do. You are going to make an appointment, get a public defender and have another court hearing." The 22 year old was fined with being in a park after closing hours of the park, being in a public closed area after closing. The very basic fine for this is 100 dollars upon pleading guilty to move on with your life. With the public defender and another court date, the result will be the exact same.

The quotation marks were added for emphasis and not for verbatim.

I have a question... Is it lawful for a police officer to give rides in police vehicles to civilians? Because I saw a civilian guy open the front door to a waiting police vehicle, get in, pick up a police uniform and place it on his lap, not buckle his seat belt, and then the police car pulled out from the curbside and drove away. But the civilian guy who did this had tattoos all down his right arm even onto the back of his right hand. And he was in very civilian clothing. He couldn't have been more than 25 or 26 years old.

And so, pardon me, if I am unable to adapt so quickly to these sorts of changes.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Forum List

Back