Can You Write A Check For $500?

Remember when Obama chastised the American worker and told them that maybe they'd want to re-think their fun stuff in order to pay off their obamacare premiums and deductible?

I do. Why weren't the leftards screeching then?

Remember when Obama chastised the American worker and told them that maybe they'd want to re-think their fun stuff in order to pay off their obamacare premiums and deductible?

I don't care who you are or how much you make you can always find a little money to save.

I can't tell you how many times I hear people whining about being broke while smoking a butt and drinking a $5 coffee

Good for you if you can but 57% (down from 63%) of us can't, which is the legacy of the worst president this country has ever known. And if you doubt that, look at what President Trump has already done about it in less than 50 days. When our new President says he "inherited a mess", this simple test answers the question...do you have $500 today?

What we found is that according to a recent Bankrate survey of 1,000 adults, 57% of Americans don’t have enough cash to cover a mere $500 unexpected expense. Turns out the CEO was right. And while that may appear dire, it is a slight improvement from 2016, when 63% of U.S. residents said they wouldn’t be able to handle such an expense.

The survey's findings have shed light on how the so-called recovery of the past 8 years has skipped about half of the US population, which literally live paycheck to paycheck, and reflects a country in which many households continue to struggle with their basic finances more than seven years after the official end to the recession.

Putting the numbers in context: despite steady job growth during the Obama administration - which have been focused on minimum wage industries - wages have been predictably slow to recover, with the typical American household still earning 2.4% below what they brought home in 1999, when income peaked. Meanwhile, costs for essentials such as housing and child care have surged faster than the rate of inflation, placing stress on household budgets and making the accumulation of wealth, i.e., savings, impossible.

Dr_Dolitle_Obama_Donothing.jpg

The bottom line: About four out of 10 Americans said they had enough in savings to cover a surprise $500 expense. Another 21% said they would rely on a credit card, while 20% said they’d cut back on other expenses. Another 11% said they’d turn to family or friends for the money.

"The Reality Is, Half Of Americans Can’t Afford To Write A $500 Check" | Zero Hedge

Republicans fought raising wages for working class Americans.

Why is Arizona the number two working class poor State?

Because there are a bunch of illegals there. Rich people don't want to live around them, and they hide all their income because it's income from running drugs and slaving.

I don't care who you are or how much you make you can always find a little money to save.

I can't tell you how many times I hear people whining about being broke while smoking a butt and drinking a $5 coffee
I have heard that said before lol.

I'm the world's worst saver.

I have heard that said before lol.

I'm the world's worst saver.

Simple solution

Have X dollars taken right out of you check and put in a savings account in a bank not in your town and do not get an ATM card for the account after you have a little emergency fund then funnel that money into a Roth IRA. You'll never miss it

Obama was a walking clusterfuck. Is that really a surprise the moron had no experience. No experience in government, no experience leading a company or department. Hell he really had no experience practicing law, never made partner in a firm, never argued a big case. He could read a teleprompter that's about it.

If you put some stupid shit in charge that's what you get.

Good for you if you can but 57% (down from 63%) of us can't, which is the legacy of the worst president this country has ever known. And if you doubt that, look at what President Trump has already done about it in less than 50 days. When our new President says he "inherited a mess", this simple test answers the question...do you have $500 today?

What we found is that according to a recent Bankrate survey of 1,000 adults, 57% of Americans don’t have enough cash to cover a mere $500 unexpected expense. Turns out the CEO was right. And while that may appear dire, it is a slight improvement from 2016, when 63% of U.S. residents said they wouldn’t be able to handle such an expense.

The survey's findings have shed light on how the so-called recovery of the past 8 years has skipped about half of the US population, which literally live paycheck to paycheck, and reflects a country in which many households continue to struggle with their basic finances more than seven years after the official end to the recession.

Putting the numbers in context: despite steady job growth during the Obama administration - which have been focused on minimum wage industries - wages have been predictably slow to recover, with the typical American household still earning 2.4% below what they brought home in 1999, when income peaked. Meanwhile, costs for essentials such as housing and child care have surged faster than the rate of inflation, placing stress on household budgets and making the accumulation of wealth, i.e., savings, impossible.

The bottom line: About four out of 10 Americans said they had enough in savings to cover a surprise $500 expense. Another 21% said they would rely on a credit card, while 20% said they’d cut back on other expenses. Another 11% said they’d turn to family or friends for the money.

"The Reality Is, Half Of Americans Can’t Afford To Write A $500 Check" | Zero Hedge

I just had to write one for 8,000! That one sucked.

Obama was a walking clusterfuck. Is that really a surprise the moron had no experience. No experience in government, no experience leading a company or department. Hell he really had no experience practicing law, never made partner in a firm, never argued a big case. He could read a teleprompter that's about it.

It wasn't his lack of experience that made him a disaster.

It was the fact that he's a traitor who hates the US and sought to destroy it.

I just had to write one for 8,000! That one sucked.

Uuuugggghhhhhhhhhh

Suckage.

It wasn't his lack of experience that made him a disaster.

It was the fact that he's a traitor who hates the US and sought to destroy it.

No it was because he's a retard trust me on this. Being a loser naturally he blamed America a country that recognizes achievement and exceptionalism.

I said it before I'll say it again

If you spend more than you make and never save a dime it's your own fault no one else's

Do American workers have a dime to save?

That's why people need some help from the government :(

The biggest bills I pay are income taxes, property taxes and monthly public utilities. So, looks like government is the reason I have such a tight budget. Inflation also hurts and government regulations and taxes are often behind that. Things like increased energy costs, gas tax hikes and money companies spend to meet overreaching regulations affect prices.

Otherwise, people either rent or buy what they can afford. If you buy more than you can afford, it's on you. And income depends on your level of education and experience, which is also on the individual.

Because there are a bunch of illegals there. Rich people don't want to live around them, and they hide all their income because it's income from running drugs and slaving.

Then arrest, trial, fine, and prison for those that knowingly hire illegals.

The rich LOVE illegals. They work for almost nothing increasing profits.

Ok.so most Americans can't handle a $500 emergency, but the republicans will replace obamaCare with medical savings accounts ! Lol!!

In bonds I trust! They pay compounded cash when you cash 'em with a fixed tax rate. Diversify, bitchez, diversify............

"Putting the numbers in context: despite steady job growth during the Obama administration - which have been focused on minimum wage industries - wages have been predictably slow to recover, with the typical American household still earning 2.4% below what they brought home in 1999, when income peaked. Meanwhile, costs for essentials such as housing and child care have surged faster than the rate of inflation, placing stress on household budgets and making the accumulation of wealth, i.e., savings, impossible."

With the average GM factory worker in Mexico making less than $4.00 per hour, will bringing these jobs back to America really help the situation? I don't see it as a viable situation.

However, I really would like the return of a manufacturing base which I see as more of a comfort in terms of our national defense. And so for these jobs I do favor a $15 minimum wage.

Why is Labor, as the least wealthy, unable to afford equal protection of the law regarding the concept of employment at will for unemployment compensation purposes?

It is not like the wealthiest won't still be able to get richer faster, with a more efficient economy.

Forum List

Back