Cancer patients affected by health laws

Lots of ranting. Anyone have a solution? Let me guess "There was nothing wrong with it before. Let's go back to the old way. Oh, and tort reform!"

Did I leave anything out?

What will your candidate of choice do about it?

Lots of ranting. Anyone have a solution? Let me guess "There was nothing wrong with it before. Let's go back to the old way. Oh, and tort reform!"

It's been argued for many many years. Yes, suing the shit out of doctors and hospitals has changed how they practice medicine and how much it costs. They practice lawsuit prevention first. Even then a lot of OBGYNs hang up the hat. Lots of C sections are done for that reason as well.

Lots of fraud and waste in Medicaid and Medicare, lots of government red tape, etc. You can disagree and dream about single payer but that doesn't mean it can't be fixed some other way.

Making ins. co. take pre-existing conditions is like you getting into a car accident then running down to a ins. agent to get collision coverage. Making them do that means everyone's rates will go up.

It's been argued for many many years. Yes, suing the shit out of doctors and hospitals has changed how they practice medicine and how much it costs. They practice lawsuit prevention first. Even then a lot of OBGYNs hang up the hat. Lots of C sections are done for that reason as well.

Lots of fraud and waste in Medicaid and Medicare, lots of government red tape, etc. You can disagree and dream about single payer but that doesn't mean it can't be fixed some other way.

Making ins. co. take pre-existing conditions is like you getting into a car accident then running down to a ins. agent to get collision coverage. Making them do that means everyone's rates will go up.

Can't argue with your first two paragraphs, but the thing is...Congress had DECADES to fix all that, and didn't. If you look at whose campaign contributions come from insurers and/or Big Pharma, if you look at which elected officials end up on the boards of these companies, it's no mystery.

So those of us who advocated for single-payer during the talks about the PPACA wanted a clean slate. We didn't get it. But the situation as it stood, with millions barred from getting care, was unacceptable.

Democrats fought any effort to reform it so I don't blame all of congress. Could be some RINOs too but the point is it was fixable. I've had government provided care and saw it in the VA hospital. It will suck, great if you had nothing but not so great if you had a decent plan.

Democrats fought any effort to reform it so I don't blame all of congress. Could be some RINOs too but the point is it was fixable. I've had government provided care and saw it in the VA hospital. It will suck, great if you had nothing but not so great if you had a decent plan.

Maybe if you posted the text of the original bill and pointed out what you feel needed reform, we could get somewhere. The way I see it, every "reform" suggesting by Congress was designed to make the thing as toothless as possible. Then they approved it and spent 50+ attempts at trying to kill it.

Do you have information on fraud.

I've looked before...but can't see where the government is hot to publish numbers on how much of our money they lose to crooks.

Apparently they would rather live with their heads in the sand while cancer patients are screwed out of healthcare.

apparently they care only so much

no. we just don't care for liars.
Take it up with the dept of human affairs

it is pretty obvious that this administration has a bunch of liars
Even Jillhag admits it. The human affairs dept relays problems with ACA paperwork and she calls them liars.
exactly

Apparently they would rather live with their heads in the sand while cancer patients are screwed out of healthcare.

Take it up with the dept of human affairs

it is pretty obvious that this administration has a bunch of liars
Even Jillhag admits it. The human affairs dept relays problems with ACA paperwork and she calls them liars.

Jillihag......:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Now...that's funny.

I've looked before...but can't see where the government is hot to publish numbers on how much of our money they lose to crooks.

You'll need to define your terms better. Fraud by whom? Doctors, pharma companies, insurers, other? Where is it your perception that the patient is being defrauded? If you can be specific, you won't necessary need to depend on others to give you answers; you might even be able to find them yourself.

That's not a good analogy.

A pre-existing condition could easily be something that is not bothering you right now....it might mean you are pre-disposed to something.

Say, for instance, you had lung cancer and were in remission. You might never see it again. But that is a pre-existing condition.

What you are describing is the person who has no insurance, gets lung cancer, and then wants to buy insurance to pay for it.

That should not be allowed to happen.

A pre-existing condition could easily be something that is not bothering you right now....it might mean you are pre-disposed to something.

Say, for instance, you had lung cancer and were in remission. You might never see it again. But that is a pre-existing condition.

What you are describing is the person who has no insurance, gets lung cancer, and then wants to buy insurance to pay for it.

Many insurers rejected patients for familial conditions. "Well, your Uncle Harry died of leukemia, so for all we know you've got the same genes. Sorry, REJECTED."

I love it that libs are unfazed by the fact that cancer patients are forced to sue Obamacare for the coverage they were promised. LMAO

it is really amazing

You mean like BHO. Even J. Stewart went after him for not being honest.

Just go to 2:10 and you'll hear him say it.

Yours isn't sound logic. What you are saying is that all insurance companies should provide for every conceivable ailment that might befall us. No insurance company can survive that. You pick the plan you want, most do cover cancel, chemo, etc. If you don't want to pay for cancer coverage that should be your choice, not the government, or you.

Do I have information on medicare/medicaid fraud? Are you drunk? No, government doesn't publish how much money it pisses away. What is it with you government Koolaid drinkers? Stuffing your head in the sand doesn't make everything all rosy.

What is Medicaid Fraud? — National Association of Medicaid Fraud Control Units
What is Medicaid Fraud?
Perpetrators of Medicaid fraud run the gamut from the solo practitioner who submits claims for services never rendered to large institutions that exaggerate the level of care provided to their patients and then alter patient records to conceal the resulting lack of care. Although recipients also commit Medicaid fraud, the jurisdiction of the Medicaid Fraud Control Units (MFCUs) is limited to investigating and prosecuting Medicaid provider fraud. The MFCUs have prosecuted individual providers such as physicians, dentists, and mental health professionals. In addition, the Units have also prosecuted fraud in numerous segments of the health care industry, such as hospitals, nursing homes, home health care agencies, medical transportation companies, pharmacies, durable medical equipment companies, pharmaceutical manufacturers and medical clinics.

The following are typical schemes that providers use to defraud the Medicaid program:

• Billing for services not provided - A provider bills for services not performed, such as blood tests or x-rays that were not taken, full denture plates when only partial ones are supplied, or a nursing home or hospital that continues to bill for services rendered to a patient who is no longer at the facility either because of a death or transfer.
  • Double billing - A provider bills both Medicaid and a private insurance company (or recipient) for treatment, or two providers request payment on the same recipient for the same procedure on the same date.
  • Billing for Phantom visits - A provider falsely bills the Medicaid program for patient visits that never take place.
  • Billing for More Hours Than There Are In A Day - Inflating the amount of time a provider spends with patients, for example a psychiatrist that bills for more than 24 hours of psychotherapy treatment on a day.
  • Falsifying Credentials - Mispresenting the qualifications of a licensed provider in order to defraud Medicaid. For example, a physician who allows a non-physician to impersonate a licensed doctor who medically treats patients and prescribes drugs and then bills the Medicaid program.
  • Substitution of Generic Drugs - A pharmacy bills Medicaid for the cost of a brand-name prescription when, in fact, a generic substitute was supplied to the recipient at a substantially lower cost to the pharmacy.
  • Billing for Unnecessary Services or Tests - A provider falsifies the diagnosis and symptoms on recipient records and billings to obtain payments for unnecessary laboratory tests or equipment.
  • Billing for More Expensive Procedures than were Performed - A provider bills for a comprehensive procedure when only a limited one was administered or billing for expensive equipment and actually furnishing cheap substitutes.
  • Kickbacks - A nursing home owner or operator requires another provider, such as a laboratory, ambulance company, or pharmacy, to pay owner/operator a certain portion of the money received for rendering services to patients in the nursing home. Examples of this type of payment include vacation trips, personal services and merchandise, leased vehicles, and cost payments. This practice usually results in unnecessary services being performed to generate additional income to pay the kickbacks.
  • False Cost Reports - A nursing home owner or operator includes personal expenses in its Medicaid claims. These expenses often include the cost of personal items.

Many insurers rejected patients for familial conditions. "Well, your Uncle Harry died of leukemia, so for all we know you've got the same genes. Sorry, REJECTED."
So? You find one that covers it then. Duh!

I love it that libs are unfazed by the fact that cancer patients are forced to sue Obamacare for the coverage they were promised. LMAO

it is really amazing

So when are you going to shoot yourself?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Yours isn't sound logic. What you are saying is that all insurance companies should provide for every conceivable ailment that might befall us. No insurance company can survive that. You pick the plan you want, most do cover cancel, chemo, etc. If you don't want to pay for cancer coverage that should be your choice, not the government, or you.

That is not what I said.

An insurance company can cover the most difficult of illnesses.....if they are taking in enough money.

End of that conversation.

Do I have information on medicare/medicaid fraud? Are you drunk? No, government doesn't publish how much money it pisses away. What is it with you government Koolaid drinkers? Stuffing your head in the sand doesn't make everything all rosy.

What is Medicaid Fraud?
Perpetrators of Medicaid fraud run the gamut from the solo practitioner who submits claims for services never rendered to large institutions that exaggerate the level of care provided to their patients and then alter patient records to conceal the resulting lack of care. Although recipients also commit Medicaid fraud, the jurisdiction of the Medicaid Fraud Control Units (MFCUs) is limited to investigating and prosecuting Medicaid provider fraud. The MFCUs have prosecuted individual providers such as physicians, dentists, and mental health professionals. In addition, the Units have also prosecuted fraud in numerous segments of the health care industry, such as hospitals, nursing homes, home health care agencies, medical transportation companies, pharmacies, durable medical equipment companies, pharmaceutical manufacturers and medical clinics.

The following are typical schemes that providers use to defraud the Medicaid program:

• Billing for services not provided - A provider bills for services not performed, such as blood tests or x-rays that were not taken, full denture plates when only partial ones are supplied, or a nursing home or hospital that continues to bill for services rendered to a patient who is no longer at the facility either because of a death or transfer.
  • Double billing - A provider bills both Medicaid and a private insurance company (or recipient) for treatment, or two providers request payment on the same recipient for the same procedure on the same date.
  • Billing for Phantom visits - A provider falsely bills the Medicaid program for patient visits that never take place.
  • Billing for More Hours Than There Are In A Day - Inflating the amount of time a provider spends with patients, for example a psychiatrist that bills for more than 24 hours of psychotherapy treatment on a day.
  • Falsifying Credentials - Mispresenting the qualifications of a licensed provider in order to defraud Medicaid. For example, a physician who allows a non-physician to impersonate a licensed doctor who medically treats patients and prescribes drugs and then bills the Medicaid program.
  • Substitution of Generic Drugs - A pharmacy bills Medicaid for the cost of a brand-name prescription when, in fact, a generic substitute was supplied to the recipient at a substantially lower cost to the pharmacy.
  • Billing for Unnecessary Services or Tests - A provider falsifies the diagnosis and symptoms on recipient records and billings to obtain payments for unnecessary laboratory tests or equipment.
  • Billing for More Expensive Procedures than were Performed - A provider bills for a comprehensive procedure when only a limited one was administered or billing for expensive equipment and actually furnishing cheap substitutes.
  • Kickbacks - A nursing home owner or operator requires another provider, such as a laboratory, ambulance company, or pharmacy, to pay owner/operator a certain portion of the money received for rendering services to patients in the nursing home. Examples of this type of payment include vacation trips, personal services and merchandise, leased vehicles, and cost payments. This practice usually results in unnecessary services being performed to generate additional income to pay the kickbacks.
  • False Cost Reports - A nursing home owner or operator includes personal expenses in its Medicaid claims. These expenses often include the cost of personal items.

My name isn't Jillian...I was asking in earnest.

And what I was looking for was statistics........

That is not what I said.

An insurance company can cover the most difficult of illnesses.....if they are taking in enough money.

End of that conversation.
That's stupid. If they take in enough to cover everything goes back to my point. I may not want to pay for everything. The government shouldn't get between me and a private business.

What is Medicaid Fraud?

My name isn't Jillian...I was asking in earnest.

And what I was looking for was statistics........
When did I call you jillian? And go find your own stats.

Forum List

Back