Cancer patients affected by health laws

Making ins. co. take pre-existing conditions is like you getting into a car accident then running down to a ins. agent to get collision coverage. Making them do that means everyone's rates will go up.

That's not a good analogy.

A pre-existing condition could easily be something that is not bothering you right now....it might mean you are pre-disposed to something.

Say, for instance, you had lung cancer and were in remission. You might never see it again. But that is a pre-existing condition.

What you are describing is the person who has no insurance, gets lung cancer, and then wants to buy insurance to pay for it.

That should not be allowed to happen.
Yours isn't sound logic. What you are saying is that all insurance companies should provide for every conceivable ailment that might befall us. No insurance company can survive that. You pick the plan you want, most do cover cancel, chemo, etc. If you don't want to pay for cancer coverage that should be your choice, not the government, or you.

That is not what I said.

An insurance company can cover the most difficult of illnesses.....if they are taking in enough money.

End of that conversation.
That's stupid. If they take in enough to cover everything goes back to my point. I may not want to pay for everything. The government shouldn't get between me and a private business.

I never argued against your latter points.

Please show me where I said anything about what insurance companies should provide.

That is up to them.

You can decide if you want it. But if you want it...you will pay for it.

Obamacare pushed 10 things on EVERYONE. That is just the first in a long list of it's failures.

Making ins. co. take pre-existing conditions is like you getting into a car accident then running down to a ins. agent to get collision coverage. Making them do that means everyone's rates will go up.

A pre-existing condition could easily be something that is not bothering you right now....it might mean you are pre-disposed to something.

Say, for instance, you had lung cancer and were in remission. You might never see it again. But that is a pre-existing condition.

What you are describing is the person who has no insurance, gets lung cancer, and then wants to buy insurance to pay for it.

Yours isn't sound logic. What you are saying is that all insurance companies should provide for every conceivable ailment that might befall us. No insurance company can survive that. You pick the plan you want, most do cover cancel, chemo, etc. If you don't want to pay for cancer coverage that should be your choice, not the government, or you.

That is not what I said.

An insurance company can cover the most difficult of illnesses.....if they are taking in enough money.

That's stupid. If they take in enough to cover everything goes back to my point. I may not want to pay for everything. The government shouldn't get between me and a private business.

Please show me where I said anything about what insurance companies should provide.

That is up to them.

Obamacare pushed 10 things on EVERYONE. That is just the first in a long list of it's failures.
You were talking about pre-existing conditions and saying they shouldn't be able to deny anything. So they have to cover everything possible, that's a Cadillac plan. As far as I know none of them excluded unforeseen ailments, none of mine did. They just didn't want you to have very expensive to treat illness and not being forthcoming about it when you signed up.

I think we will end up with single payer government controlled health insurance and very many people will be pining for the good old days.

That is not what I said.

That is up to them.

You were talking about pre-existing conditions and saying they shouldn't be able to deny anything. So they have to cover everything possible, that's a Cadillac plan. As far as I know none of them excluded unforeseen ailments, none of mine did. They just didn't want you to have very expensive to treat illness and not being forthcoming about it when you signed up.

I think we will end up with single payer government controlled health insurance and very many people will be pining for the good old days.

While I am certainly not for single payer.....our previous system of health insurance was not the best.

Forum List

Back