Cancer patients affected by health laws

I love it that libs are unfazed by the fact that cancer patients are forced to sue Obamacare for the coverage they were promised. LMAO

it is really amazing
Apparently they would rather live with their heads in the sand while cancer patients are screwed out of healthcare.

apparently they care only so much

no. we just don't care for liars.
Take it up with the dept of human affairs

3 years ago I read a scary story about a woman who was denied by insurance, used up all of her savings, sold home.. but died because she couldn't afford treatment anymore.
She didn't know that she was eligible for Obamacare.

There are problems with Obamacare, but at least preexisting conditions are being addressed .
Not when cancer patients are being dropped with no warning and spend months trying to get paperwork resolved and end up suing Obamacare.

But according to you, there's no need for anything other than nonprofit pop-up clinics.
When did I say that?

You didn't answer when I asked you about cancer and chronic conditions. Feel free to do so at any time.
You mean the cancer patients that are currently forced to sue the ACA for coverage?

I mean, given that insurers can no longer dismiss patients with cancer or set lifetime caps, what other improvements would you make to guarantee coverage?

Not when cancer patients are being dropped with no warning and spend months trying to get paperwork resolved and end up suing Obamacare.

But according to you, there's no need for anything other than nonprofit pop-up clinics.
When did I say that?

You didn't answer when I asked you about cancer and chronic conditions. Feel free to do so at any time.
You mean the cancer patients that are currently forced to sue the ACA for coverage?

I mean, given that insurers can no longer dismiss patients with cancer or set lifetime caps, what other improvements would you make to guarantee coverage?
How about not jacking up their premiums, co pays and deductibles and taking away their subsidies without notice mid treatment.

When did I say that?

How about not jacking up their premiums, co pays and deductibles and taking away their subsidies without notice mid treatment.

Premiums, co-pays, deductibles, and subsidies are determined annually (registration in November/December for policies that begin on January 1 - something that those getting a free ride from their parents or their employers wouldn't necessarily know), and subsidies are based on income. Those registering for the new year and finding their policies untenable were free to find another insurer (since insurers can no longer deny coverage for preexisting conditions).

If I had cancer, you can bet I'd be monitoring changes from one insurer to another all the damn time.

When did I say that?

Premiums, co-pays, deductibles, and subsidies are determined annually (registration in November/December for policies that begin on January 1 - something that those getting a free ride from their parents or their employers wouldn't necessarily know), and subsidies are based on income. Those registering for the new year and finding their policies untenable were free to find another insurer (since insurers can no longer deny coverage for preexisting conditions).

If I had cancer, you can bet I'd be monitoring changes from one insurer to another all the damn time.
That doesn't explain patients with coverage bought on the exchange getting dropped without notice by the government.

That doesn't explain patients with coverage bought on the exchange getting dropped without notice by the government.

No, it certainly doesn't, because it isn't the government, but rather the insurer, doing the dropping. And if they're dropping someone mid-year, the insurer deserves to be sued. If they're that brazen, given the oversight, I'd suspect this isn't the first time they've tried this.

Who's the insurer?

No, it certainly doesn't, because it isn't the government, but rather the insurer, doing the dropping. And if they're dropping someone mid-year, the insurer deserves to be sued. If they're that brazen, given the oversight, I'd suspect this isn't the first time they've tried this.

Who's the insurer?
It is the government not satisfied with the paperwork they require to be eligible for coverage via the ACA. Keep spinning.

Who's the insurer?
It is the government not satisfied with the paperwork they require to be eligible for coverage via the ACA.

And yet millions of Americans who have other insurers don't have this problem.

Who's the insurer?

3 years ago I read a scary story about a woman who was denied by insurance, used up all of her savings, sold home.. but died because she couldn't afford treatment anymore.

There are problems with Obamacare, but at least preexisting conditions are being addressed .

When did I say that?

If they have the money to sue,why didn't they use that money for an attorney to help in the first place?
...Scratches head...

When did I say that?

If they have the money to sue,why didn't they use that money for an attorney to help in the first place?
...Scratches head...
What part of they were forced to get legal aid did you miss?

You do know you can call the state bar and request legal aid for a minimal fee... yes? Most times if you are low income you can get a lawyer for about 35.00.

I tried to look around for any resolutions on this ,and couldn't find any.. This is something that is needed to be redone, If they are here legally.

I wonder what the other countries do with health care for their immigrants, I bet the paperwork is hard everywhere...Because of the illegals...

470,000 patients had coverage that terminated due to immigration issues.

1 million had subsidies eliminated.

You were saying??

"Immigration issues"? Aren't you the people who want all immigrants sent back where they came from?
the administration is highly sensitive to criticism that some people may be getting benefits they're not legally entitled to. But Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell recently acknowledged the paperwork tangle is more likely to trap the innocent than fraudsters.

Please show me the paperwork beside what you have to fill out for the insurance companies...
It's in the article. Paperwork related to legal immigrant status... Income etc. Several had to hire legal aid.
not
Oh I see this is about Immigration status ~ Isn't this what the republicans want? I even want the ones coming in illegally for free healthcare questioned.

My sister who hates Obamacare and is an RN got on Obamacare..lol because she as a independent can afford that insurance.

My brother didn't have insurance, his appendix burst in his stomach and was in the hospital over a week.
He got slammed big time with medical bills.. I don't hear a peep about Obamacare from them anymore...lol

My left wing Dem loving brother hates Obamacare. He signed up and found out that he could not keep his doctor (but...but...but Big Ears said he could), but needed to drive many miles from his home to a doctor he disliked...the only one near him that accepted Ocare. He did not like the high deductible or the high premium he has to pay....he does not like Obamacare.

before aca....i could not get insurance....those pesky pre existing conditions....i hate the high deduct but it does beat having zero insurance...not so much in what it pays but in how your insurance immediately cuts the cost nearly in half.....hospital charges...insurance allows....seems if insurance companies could regulate medical rates then so could the government ..engage in a collective bargaining with the pharm companies
That's because other people are picking up the costs. Which was as predictable as night and day. Many healthy people can no longer afford insurance.
Many healthy people can not afford Not having insurance for a catastrophic condition...

If they can't afford the higher costs they can't afford the higher costs, what are you babbling about? I didn't say they shouldn't if they can afford it.

But what's your evidence that insurance carriers kicked covered patients off their plans?

How many do you think just give up instead of hiring legal aid?

Uhm, if she was denied that means she wasn't covered, correct? Sounds like a bullshit story anyway, not that leftists would ever resort to such a thing.

I love it that libs are unfazed by the fact that cancer patients are forced to sue Obamacare for the coverage they were promised. LMAO

it is really amazing
Apparently they would rather live with their heads in the sand while cancer patients are screwed out of healthcare.

we see what you are

sheep-at-night.jpg

it is really amazing

it is pretty obvious that this administration has a bunch of liars

it is really amazing

it is pretty obvious that this administration has a bunch of liars
Even Jillhag admits it. The human affairs dept relays problems with ACA paperwork and she calls them liars.

Forum List

Back