Cancer patients affected by health laws

Not good. Several had their premiums quadruple or lost coverage. Others are unhappy about large fines. More unneeded stress.

Walt Whitlow was under treatment for cancer when he got an unwelcome surprise.

His financial assistance under President Barack Obama's health care law got slashed. That meant his premium quadrupled and his deductible went from $900 to $4,600.

Cancer Patients Snagged in Health Law's Tangled Paperwork

it seems to indicate that his funds were slashed and that was problematic.

you should take that up with the wingnuts in congress
Apparently you don't read... The issue was documentation.

"If there's a documentation issue, consumers have about three months to straighten things out. But Whitlow, a self-employed remodeling contractor from Volente, Texas, said he was blindsided.

He had requested that HealthCare.gov contact him by mail, but he found out his subsidy was slashed when his doctor's office called the family. Not only was he on the hook for the full, unsubsidized premium, but he also faced far higher copays and deductibles.

"It kind of blew my mind," said Whitlow. He said he had submitted bank statements to prove his income, but apparently that wasn't enough. His family chipped in to maintain his coverage while he got follow-up treatment for throat cancer.

"I was really impressed with the quality of care, but the paperwork was just unbelievable," said Whitlow. With help from Foundation Communities, the family appealed and eventually won."

I love it that libs are unfazed by the fact that cancer patients are forced to sue Obamacare for the coverage they were promised. LMAO

470,000 patients had coverage that terminated due to immigration issues.

1 million had subsidies eliminated.

You were saying??

"Immigration issues"? Aren't you the people who want all immigrants sent back where they came from?
the administration is highly sensitive to criticism that some people may be getting benefits they're not legally entitled to. But Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell recently acknowledged the paperwork tangle is more likely to trap the innocent than fraudsters.

Please show me the paperwork beside what you have to fill out for the insurance companies...
It's in the article. Paperwork related to legal immigrant status... Income etc. Several had to hire legal aid.

Oh I see this is about Immigration status ~ Isn't this what the republicans want? I even want the ones coming in illegally for free healthcare questioned.

My sister who hates Obamacare and is an RN got on Obamacare..lol because she as a independent can afford that insurance.

My brother didn't have insurance, his appendix burst in his stomach and was in the hospital over a week.
He got slammed big time with medical bills.. I don't hear a peep about Obamacare from them anymore...lol

470,000 patients had coverage that terminated due to immigration issues.

1 million had subsidies eliminated.

You were saying??

"Immigration issues"? Aren't you the people who want all immigrants sent back where they came from?
the administration is highly sensitive to criticism that some people may be getting benefits they're not legally entitled to. But Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell recently acknowledged the paperwork tangle is more likely to trap the innocent than fraudsters.

Please show me the paperwork beside what you have to fill out for the insurance companies...
It's in the article. Paperwork related to legal immigrant status... Income etc. Several had to hire legal aid.

Oh I see this is about Immigration status ~ Isn't this what the republicans want? I even want the ones coming in illegally for free healthcare questioned.

My sister who hates Obamacare and is an RN got on Obamacare..lol because she as a independent can afford that insurance.

My brother didn't have insurance, his appendix burst in his stomach and was in the hospital over a week.
He got slammed big time with medical bills.. I don't hear a peep about Obamacare from them anymore...lol

Apparently you don't read either...

"the administration is highly sensitive to criticism that some people may be getting benefits they're not legallyentitled to. But Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia M. Burwellrecently acknowledged the paperworktangle is more likely to trap the innocent than fraudsters."

I love it that libs are unfazed by the fact that cancer patients are forced to sue Obamacare for the coverage they were promised. LMAO

Why should we be concerned about immigration issues..In my area the Chinese are basically taking over the low income facilities while the people who have lived here their whole life's can not find affordable senior housing.
I think there should be a long waiting time for those entering the US for the benefits..

The state hospital is full of people not here legally , and we are paying for them.

Apparently you don't read either...

"the administration is highly sensitive to criticism that some people may be getting benefits they're not legallyentitled to. But Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia M. Burwellrecently acknowledged the paperworktangle is more likely to trap the innocent than fraudsters."

Ok so hire an attorney...I just had to hire an attorney for Social Security even though my husband is an Attorney.

How many do you think just give up instead of hiring legal aid?

3 years ago I read a scary story about a woman who was denied by insurance, used up all of her savings, sold home.. but died because she couldn't afford treatment anymore.
She didn't know that she was eligible for Obamacare.

There are problems with Obamacare, but at least preexisting conditions are being addressed .

3 years ago I read a scary story about a woman who was denied by insurance, used up all of her savings, sold home.. but died because she couldn't afford treatment anymore.

There are problems with Obamacare, but at least preexisting conditions are being addressed .
Not when cancer patients are being dropped with no warning and spend months trying to get paperwork resolved and end up suing Obamacare.

Not when cancer patients are being dropped with no warning and spend months trying to get paperwork resolved and end up suing Obamacare.

But according to you, there's no need for anything other than nonprofit pop-up clinics.

But according to you, there's no need for anything other than nonprofit pop-up clinics.
When did I say that?

it is really amazing
Apparently they would rather live with their heads in the sand while cancer patients are screwed out of healthcare.

apparently they care only so much
As long as they got theirs no doubt.

perhaps

they would rather bury lives under the carpet

then admit there may be a problem with ACA

When did I say that?

You didn't answer when I asked you about cancer and chronic conditions. Feel free to do so at any time.

When did I say that?

You didn't answer when I asked you about cancer and chronic conditions. Feel free to do so at any time.
You mean the cancer patients that are currently forced to sue the ACA for coverage?

Forum List

Back