Candidates differ on female draft

:lol: So wrong yet I had to admit I laughed at that.

I guess the same question could be asked about Playboy?

yea, im just fucking around. I'm all for equality. let women be drafted and serve in the military. Let the butch chicks take a softball sabbatical and shoot a gun.

I suppose if I have to be drafted I'd make a good cook. But they'd have to come up with a suitable kitchen. The things they do now for food just won't do. :D

No, I don't believe in a draft in general.

However, if it came down to it then both genders should be drafted.

Exactly. Why not?

If any individual is deemed incapable of performing a particular duty then they should simply be disqualified for that type of service.

Well there's the solution of the future problem of overpopulation.

Though seriously, I think women should be equal like everyone else and should be drafted like everyone else.

One problem might be the physical aspect but not all guys are strong either.

The only real problem I could see is the rape problem. There is already a high number of rapes and sexual harrassment going on in the Army. Can't imagine the numbers after women are drafted in.

That's the fault of rapists, not of women. Its the equivalnt of blaming a girl for going to a fraternity where there are drunk frat boys. Didn't she know she would be raped??

Lets not blame the victim. The military has done a shitty job prosecuting and rooting out rape and sexual harassment. The answer is to make the military more accountable for preventing crime, and for doing more than just paying lip service to equality.

Exactly. Why not?

If any individual is deemed incapable of performing a particular duty then they should simply be disqualified for that type of service.

Exactly, not all men are physically bulked up and not all women are weaklings.

That's the fault of rapists, not of women. Its the equivalnt of blaming a girl for going to a fraternity where there are drunk frat boys. Didn't she know she would be raped??

Lets not blame the victim. The military has done a shitty job prosecuting and rooting out rape and sexual harassment. The answer is to make the military more accountable for preventing crime, and for doing more than just paying lip service to equality.

No shit, huh? :clap2:

As if because some men can't control themselves women should be prohibited from serving their country??? :cuckoo:

Bad example right there Red Dawn. If a woman gets drafted, she's forced to go into the army. She had a right to go to the frat party. I'm not blaming the victim, I just rather not be a victim in general.

I agree though that the Military has done shit in trying to root out rape and sexual harassment. Accountability and the Military though? Your joking right?

no offense, but women in military get raped by men in their units all the time....saying rape is an issue is ridiculous.

I do agree, it should be the woman's choice to go into battle but IF they want to and are proven capable they should be allowed.

So basically, men should be forced to protect you, but you should be able to do whatever the hell you want.

You're not for equal rights. You think you deserve more than men. Just say it.

So basically, men should be forced to protect you, but you should be able to do whatever the hell you want.

You're not for equal rights. You think you deserve more than men. Just say it.

WTF? You've always struck me as a weak little boy, prone to whining and pathologocal lying.

I'd rather have Ravi, Jilian, Silence or Valerie in the foxhole with me. You could put on a cheerleader skirt, and cheerlead from behind

Some of you ladies are awfully disappointing. If you don't want to enlist, don't. If you use your period as an excuse for being unable to do anything, that is beyond lame.

Anyone that wants to serve should be able to serve, period.

If we need to have a draft, feel free to move to Canada...because we won't have one unless there is a seriously compelling need for one.

WTF? You've always struck me as a weak little boy, prone to whining and pathologocal lying.

I'd rather have Ravi, Jilian, Silence or Valerie in the foxhole with me. You could put on a cheerleader skirt, and cheerlead from behind

Good. I wouldn't want to fight next to you either. Friendly fire is a bitch.

We'll keep jsanders around to keep the foxhole neat and tidy and to run errands.

Well there's the solution of the future problem of overpopulation.

Though seriously, I think women should be equal like everyone else and should be drafted like everyone else.

One problem might be the physical aspect but not all guys are strong either.

The only real problem I could see is the rape problem. There is already a high number of rapes and sexual harrassment going on in the Army. Can't imagine the numbers after women are drafted in.

I think women should be equal to men too. Now riddle me this. I'm 105 and 5'1". Make it fair. I want to be 5'8" and 165. But I'm not, should I sue?

I think women should be equal to men too. Now riddle me this. I'm 105 and 5'1". Make it fair. I want to be 5'8" and 165. But I'm not, should I sue?

Just because your drafted, doesn't mean you'll be sent into combat. You would be unqualified to do the tasks that someone who is 6'2'' and 230 could do perhaps. So therefore, you wouldn't be sent into combat.

There are plenty of things you could do however at 105 and 5'1 that doesn't require physical skills.

So riddle me this, riddle me that, what's the excuse after that?

Some of you ladies are awfully disappointing. If you don't want to enlist, don't. If you use your period as an excuse for being unable to do anything, that is beyond lame.

Anyone that wants to serve should be able to serve, period.

If we need to have a draft, feel free to move to Canada...because we won't have one unless there is a seriously compelling need for one.

It's not an excuse I'd use, I was just listing reasons women aren't included in the draft. Whether or not it's a problem for you, some women's periods are incredibly dibilitating to them, and like it or not, needing to take care of that problem while in the middle of a fight, or hunkered down, is incredibly difficult. Not to mention that there is then a need to supply tampons and pads to the soldiers.

However, this does not mean women should be excluded from the draft, it's just one reason why they are now. If women were drafted for positions that would allow them the necessary time and access to products to handle their period while in combat, it would not be a problem.

Draft them both.

You only let those with the physcial or mental ability into those MOSs that they are qualified for. If you can't pass the entrance test, you can't fill that slot.

There are men who couldn't carry 60 lbs and there are women who could.

I don't want my son to die anymore than my daughter.

But please, please don't let the gays in. They will ruin the entire military.:lol:

Forum List

Back