Canny Swiss Nix Max Min Wage

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Oak Grove, Massachusetts
Those clever Swiss voters have figured it out - set the mandated minimum wage too high and businesses close; the economy tanks:

BBC News - Switzerland rejects world's highest minimum wage

"Swiss voters have rejected a proposal to introduce what would be the highest minimum wage in the world in a referendum, latest results indicate.

"Under the plan, employers would have had to pay workers a minimum 22 Swiss francs (about $25; £15; 18 euros) an hour."

"Almost 77% of voters opposed the minimum wage proposal, according to almost complete results. Supporters had argued it would "protect equitable pay" but the Swiss Business Federation said it would harm low-paid workers in particular."

Interestingly, the Swiss hold their elections on Sundays (it's Sunday night in Switzerland as I write this and the vote has already been counted). They do that so hard-working people are free to get to the polls. No vote-suppression there!

"... the Swiss Business Federation said it would harm low-paid workers in particular."

Of course it would.

This is a perfect example of how so many use static analysis instead of dynamic analysis when dealing with economic issues. It looks like this:

"If one million people get a 50% raise, then one million people are making 50% more."

Right?

Well, no.

In the real world (not in academia), the employers would not hire/retain those one million people unless they could somehow recoup the extra labor costs elsewhere. Adjustments would be made in the workforce and some people would have to pay the price.

Sorry for the poor in Switzerland that something such as a simple human right was left to voters and those voters fell for the usual right winger scare tactics and lies.

Show me where anyone has a right to a minimum wage.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 75
Pred. Just say it. You nor any republican for that matter gives a shit about someone that's worse off than you...go ahead..just admit it already.

No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

Wages that are so low that you can't pay bills etc is servitude. Here is definition of servitude.

completely subject to someone more powerful.

Look it up. Here is the link. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Article 23.

(1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
(2) Everyone, without any discrimination, has the right to equal pay for equal work.
(3) Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection.
(4) Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.

Can we mark the ones republicans are against or try and make laws against? Now I see why republicans hate the UN!

Republicans?

Aren't we talking about Switzerland?

Try to fucking focus, partisan lemming.

Pred. Just say it. You nor any republican for that matter gives a shit about someone that's worse off than you...go ahead..just admit it already.

No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

Wages that are so low that you can't pay bills etc is servitude. Here is definition of servitude.

Article 23.

(1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
(2) Everyone, without any discrimination, has the right to equal pay for equal work.
(3) Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection.
(4) Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.

Can we mark the ones republicans are against or try and make laws against? Now I see why republicans hate the UN!

Of course you can't show me because no one has a right to minimum wages. What did you do, make that shit up yourself?

Sorry for the poor in Switzerland that something such as a simple human right was left to voters and those voters fell for the usual right winger scare tactics and lies.

When is the UN going to invade Switzerland to impose your absurd interpretation of Article 23 of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights?

:lol:
Blithering Idiot.
:banana2:

Will the Libs use the result of this decision as being based on race?
Whenever something doesn't go their way the racial aspect comes into play!

Article 23.

Of course you can't show me because no one has a right to minimum wages. What did you do, make that shit up yourself?
LOL dumb fuck read the link its ALL right there in black and white. Very easy to read and understand for even the dumbest of the dumb.
Nope talking about minimum wage PERIOD. Doesn't matter where.

Topic was about Swiss voters rejecting what would have been the highest minimum wage anywhere. Pervert it any way you like but it doesn't change where it happened and by how great a majority.

Predfan asked a question I answered it.

It's the United Nations, you cannot be fucking serious. No one has a right to minimum wages.

LOL dumb fuck read the link its ALL right there in black and white. Very easy to read and understand for even the dumbest of the dumb.
Topic was about Swiss voters rejecting what would have been the highest minimum wage anywhere. Pervert it any way you like but it doesn't change where it happened and by how great a majority.

Predfan asked a question I answered it.

It's the United Nations, you cannot be fucking serious. No one has a right to minimum wages.

Regardless.

Article 23 says nothing about minimum wage: "read the link its ALL right there in black and white"- DB

Oddly, the only one that seems incapable of reading black and white is DB himself.

Actually it does. You people must have BARELY graduated high school truly...I swear it must say A MINIMUM WAGE OF BLANK AMOUNT IS REQUIRED...nope it says
Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.

and

Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection.
Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.

Don't know what remuneration means? Look it up.Remuneration (rɪˌmjuːnəˈreɪʃən)
n
1. the act of remunerating
2. pay; recompense

PAY! That simple enough for you dipshits? Oh and how many companies BACKED by republicans such as wal mart violate #4!

Who at Wal-mart is not being paid?

Are you on some sort of medication?

Forum List

Back