Can't Stop the Signal, X tries to get around ban in Brazil

You mean like the US banning TikTok?

I have my qualms about that, mostly because it usually doesn't work. It's a heavy fisted attempt to get rid of something they government doesn't like, although I don't see much enthusiasm for it.

What they can do is restrict access to minors, which would solve most of the issues.

You can call it whatever your little heart desires.

Unlike you I do not worship humans based upon their bank accounts.

It's not worship, it's recognizing someone with "fuck you" money taking on a cause I agree with.

So he will allow free access to Starlink while this plays out because he cares more about Money?

Why does Musk go along with the required censoring in India instead of pulling the platform from that country?

Why does Musk go along with the required censoring in India instead of pulling the platform from that country?

It's called Realpolitik. And I'm not sure he will continue with that now that this gauntlet has been thrown down.

I think he is an American and not beholden to foreign dictators.

It is easy to tell who has never left the country.

When one is in a foreign land, one must follow their laws.

The same goes for doing business in a foreign country.

It is easy to tell who has never left the country.

When one is in a foreign land, one must follow their laws.

The same goes for doing business in a foreign country.
He is not in a foreign land. He is right here, in America.

X is a corporation. It seems that simple concepts elude the left.

Mush has no risk to himself or his wealth and therefore, won't be worried about what little tin gods in other marxist countries have to say.

Its pretty simple. Every person who values speech and freedom should be against those nations that would take it way.

No need to go to wor. Just keep putting the information in front of the people of the world and they'll eventually make the right choice.

His corporation is operating in foreign lands, thus it must follow the laws of those countries.

This is not that complicated to anyone who has ever left the US

Mush has no risk to himself or his wealth and therefore, won't be worried about what little tin gods in other marxist countries have to say.

His wealth is the corporations, he has no wealth outside of them.

Its pretty simple. Every person who values speech and freedom should be against those nations that would take it way.

I guess I missed you calling out the US Govt for its attempt to ban TikTok.

No need to go to wor. Just keep putting the information in front of the people of the world and they'll eventually make the right choice.
Agree with all but the last bit. I’m not so sure that many will make “the right choice” as we see in here…

He can be a hero to the citizens of Brazil by providing a signal for them to use. After all, satellite signals are pretty broad-beamed -- yes, they can be narrowed, but why would anyone do so? - and travel everywhere. He cannot be responsible for the people in every country.

Of course, he could just stop all internet communications that use his Starlink network, but again, why should he?

Free people never bend the knee to dictatorial authoritarians.
Free billionaires become the authoritarians.....and others must bend the knee to them and their billions.

Free billionaires become the authoritarians.....and others must bend the knee to them and their billions.

What has Musk forced me to do?

He makes EV's, he doesn't mandate them to be the only things sold by 2035.

He opened up twitter/X.

He has made the cost of launches to low earth orbit much cheaper.

He is trying to lower the cost of launches to moon and mars orbits, to press space exploration.

Forum List

Back