Capitalism is NOT Democratic: Democracy is NOT Capitalist

If I've ever characterized a human right as a good or service others must provide, it was unintentional.
Do you claim health care as a right? Housing? Food? Education? Maybe I was wrong about you.

Apparently, you subscribe to the "survival of the fittest" approach to society while I believe in reasons and rights.
Nope. I don't believe in "survival of the fittest" and you don't believe in "reasons and rights". You don't even understand them.

I don't see how freedom of speech or education or medical care or assembly can be construed as a zero-sum transaction, do you?
I don't know what the euphemism "a zero-sum transaction" is, nor do I care. But if you're claiming medical care as a right - that's free shit! That's a service others must provide. Which you deny above. How can you contradict yourself in the same fucking post?'

Last edited:
Only in your polluted, indoctrinated, capitalist mind.
1200px-Eleanor_Roosevelt_UDHR.jpg

Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Wikipedia
That's a communist document. No legitimate right can involve forcing other people to supply it.

If I've ever characterized a human right as a good or service others must provide, it was unintentional.
You just did, turd. You claimed education is a right.

Apparently, you subscribe to the "survival of the fittest" approach to society while I believe in reasons and rights. I don't see how freedom of speech or education or medical care or assembly can be construed as a zero-sum transaction, do you?

What does that have to do with anything.

In #2513 you said: "In general when liberals or marxists use the term "human right", they mean "free shit". Human rights include assembly, movement, religion, speech, and thought. Do you expect people to pay for such "rights"? Do you imagine my right to free speech requires you to give up yours?
41HMNvJLHBL._SX302_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
What is your poster supposed to mean? It's not an answer to his question.

Those aren't liberties. If your policies were ever implement, we would all be starving.
Free medical care and higher education lower the costs of living and doing business. If those two rights were ever implemented in this country (as they are in much of the rest of the world), there would be fewer US financial billionaires and millions of more middle-class jobs.

Free medical care and higher education lower the costs of living and doing business.

They obviously don't. There's nothing more expensive than free medical care. "Free education" is so expensive because the government provides it.

If those two rights were ever implemented in this country (as they are in much of the rest of the world), there would be fewer US financial billionaires and millions of more middle-class jobs.

Rights don't have to be implemented. They don't require the government to fund them. They just need to be recognized.

I provided a credible source for the claim prior to WWI wartime allies had never required debt repayment among them., and the US reversed that policy. If you have a different view, post it.
Your source is a communist. Therefore, not credible.

Prior to WW I countries hardly ever loaned other countries money to fight a war. Can you provide an example where one did?

A smart person feared FDR more than any "private power."
Which side of the Business Plot was the "smart" side?
3941_480_clip_image002_Kohls912.jpg

Business Plot - Wikipedia

"The Business Plot (also called the Wall Street Putsch[1] and The White House Putsch) was a political conspiracy in 1933 in the United States to overthrow the government of President Franklin D. Roosevelt and install a dictator.[2]

"Retired Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler asserted that wealthy businessmen were plotting to create a fascist veterans' organization with Butler as its leader and use it in a coup d'état to overthrow Roosevelt."

Which side of the Business Plot was the "smart" side?
3941_480_clip_image002_Kohls912.jpg

Business Plot - Wikipedia

"The Business Plot (also called the Wall Street Putsch[1] and The White House Putsch) was a political conspiracy in 1933 in the United States to overthrow the government of President Franklin D. Roosevelt and install a dictator.[2]

"Retired Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler asserted that wealthy businessmen were plotting to create a fascist veterans' organization with Butler as its leader and use it in a coup d'état to overthrow Roosevelt."
He sounds almost as kooky as you.

He sounds almost as kooky as you.
Director of Public Safety for Philadelphia
Smedley Butler
SmedleyButler.jpeg
Butler in uniform, c. 1929
Birth nameSmedley Darlington Butler
Nickname(s)"Old Gimlet Eye" "The Fighting Quaker"
BornJuly 30, 1881
West Chester, Pennsylvania, U.S.
DiedJune 21, 1940 (aged 58)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
BuriedOaklands Cemetery, West Goshen Township, Pennsylvania
17px-WMA_button2b.png
39°58′46.4″N 75°37′17.7″W
AllegianceUnited States of America
Service/branch
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States_Marine_Corps_%281914-1939%29.png
Marine Corps
Years of service1898–1931
RankUSN-USMC O8 insignia.svg Major general
Commands held
Battles/warsSpanish–American War
Philippine–American War

Boxer Rebellion
Banana Wars
Mexican Revolution
World War I
Awards
Relations
Other workActivist, official, lecturer, writer
"Major General Smedley Darlington Butler (July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940), nicknamed 'Old Gimlet Eye',[1] was a senior United States Marine Corps officer who fought in the Philippine–American War, the Boxer Rebellion, the Mexican Revolution and World War I.

"During his 34-year career as a Marine, he participated in military actions in the Philippines, China, and Central America; the Caribbean during the Banana Wars; and France in World War I.

"Butler was, at the time of his death, the most decorated Marine in U.S. history"

Smedley Butler - Wikipedia

Which side of the Business Plot was kooky, Traitor?

Privatized? LOL!
Private banker, Turd.
51LAx6uvreL.jpg

"Private debt is created for different reasons than public debt.

"Public banks would not lend for corporate takeover loans.

"They would not lend to corporate raiders, or for stock buybacks.

"They would not create junk mortgages way beyond the ability of borrowers to pay. Government debt would be extended presumably for spending for the public purpose – to increase economic growth and increase prosperity.

"Private debt these days has become largely dysfunctional. Its effect has often been to shift prosperity from 90% of the population to the 10% of the population that controls the banks and the creditors.

"So private debt has become corrosive and parasitic, while public debt is supposed to be handled well – except to the extent that the oligarchy has taken over the government."

Debt and Power | Michael Hudson

Last edited:
If you don't have a useful, in demand product, you'll never have any sales.
"Britain’s top financial watchdog has said that Wall Street and other financial centers are mostly focused on 'socially useless activity.'

"This week, John Cassidy unpacks that statement in The New Yorker. 'Why on earth should finance be the biggest and most highly paid industry when it’s just a utility, like sewage or gas?' an economist asks Cassidy.

"While Wall Street often heralds itself as an engine of job creation, Cassidy says, Wall Street’s role in financing new businesses is a small portion of what it does.' Goldman Sachs, for example, raked in 63 percent of its revenue between July and September from trading."

Wall Street 'Socially Useless'

Smedley Butler
Director of Public Safety for Philadelphia
SmedleyButler.jpeg
Butler in uniform, c. 1929
Birth nameSmedley Darlington Butler
Nickname(s)"Old Gimlet Eye" "The Fighting Quaker"
BornJuly 30, 1881
West Chester, Pennsylvania, U.S.
DiedJune 21, 1940 (aged 58)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
BuriedOaklands Cemetery, West Goshen Township, Pennsylvania
17px-WMA_button2b.png
39°58′46.4″N 75°37′17.7″W
AllegianceUnited States of America
Service/branch
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States_Marine_Corps_%281914-1939%29.png
Marine Corps
Years of service1898–1931
RankUSN-USMC O8 insignia.svg Major general
Commands held
Battles/warsSpanish–American War
Philippine–American War

Boxer Rebellion
Banana Wars
Mexican Revolution
World War I
Awards
Relations
Other workActivist, official, lecturer, writer
"Major General Smedley Darlington Butler (July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940), nicknamed 'Old Gimlet Eye',[1] was a senior United States Marine Corps officer who fought in the Philippine–American War, the Boxer Rebellion, the Mexican Revolution and World War I.

"During his 34-year career as a Marine, he participated in military actions in the Philippines, China, and Central America; the Caribbean during the Banana Wars; and France in World War I.

"Butler was, at the time of his death, the most decorated Marine in U.S. history"

Smedley Butler - Wikipedia

Which side of the Business Plot was kooky, Traitor?
So?

"Britain’s top financial watchdog has said that Wall Street and other financial centers are mostly focused on 'socially useless activity.'

He's obviously incompetent because stocks perform a very necessary function in the economy. He must be a commie moron like you.

"This week, John Cassidy unpacks that statement in The New Yorker. 'Why on earth should finance be the biggest and most highly paid industry when it’s just a utility, like sewage or gas?' an economist asks Cassidy.

"While Wall Street often heralds itself as an engine of job creation, Cassidy says, Wall Street’s role in financing new businesses is a small portion of what it does.' Goldman Sachs, for example, raked in 63 percent of its revenue between July and September from trading."

It's not the biggest or mostly highly paid industry. Apple is the biggest corporation in the world, not Goldman Sachs.

And yet, in demand and useful.

"While Wall Street often heralds itself as an engine of job creation, Cassidy says, Wall Street’s role in financing new businesses is a small portion of what it does.'

New businesses aren't the only ones that need financing.

Goldman Sachs, for example, raked in 63 percent of its revenue between July and September from trading."

But they didn't make any of that from you, eh?
You taught them a lesson. Made it worth being poor and miserable.
Do you think they noticed your absence from the markets?

Forum List

Back