Career Choice?

Jackie Chan did that as well several years ago. The folk who manage him told him it would make him more marketable in the US where all the money is if he had rounder eyes.

Link?

Thanks. Finally a topic that is not about the "black vs. white" dead horse.

To answer your question, this link mentions Jackie Chan, and shows a "before and after" pic.

5 Celebrity Careers Launched by Ethnic Makeovers | Cracked.com

Jackie Chan did that as well several years ago. The folk who manage him told him it would make him more marketable in the US where all the money is if he had rounder eyes.

Link?

To answer your question, this link mentions Jackie Chan, and shows a "before and after" pic.

Some people see everything in black and white.

Anyway, I've seen the pics and heard the rumors, but I've never seen an interview where he said, "Yeah, I did that."

FYI, for many (most?) people who get that kind of plastic surgery, it's not an attempt to look 'white,' just to look 'better.' There are Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc. folks who naturally are born with larger eyes and/or the double-fold eyelid thing. If other people find that attractive and want to get the same look, then that's their choice, no different than some 'white' girl who wants a smaller nose or something. There are 'white' people born with big noses and some born with smaller noses. If the smaller nose is considered more attractive, that doesn't mean they are trying to look like some other 'race.' This just has to be a 'race' thing here because in the US we obsess over the issue at every opportunity.

Japanese
eyejap.png

Chinese
eyechin.png

Americanese
knees.png

Some people see everything in black and white.

Anyway, I've seen the pics and heard the rumors, but I've never seen an interview where he said, "Yeah, I did that."

FYI, for many (most?) people who get that kind of plastic surgery, it's not an attempt to look 'white,' just to look 'better.' There are Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc. folks who naturally are born with larger eyes and/or the double-fold eyelid thing. If other people find that attractive and want to get the same look, then that's their choice, no different than some 'white' girl who wants a smaller nose or something. There are 'white' people born with big noses and some born with smaller noses. If the smaller nose is considered more attractive, that doesn't mean they are trying to look like some other 'race.' This just has to be a 'race' thing here because in the US we obsess over the issue at every opportunity.

Good points. Its too bad that some narrow minded fools see the world in a "black and white" context. There are some in all races who seek to change their "look" in order to fulfill a need to be unique, or even look more desireable according to standards that they embrace.

Link?

Thanks. Didn't know it was out there. I read it in his book.

Forum List

Back