Carson re: Trump - "I discovered in grade school that those tactics...."

You can see the video where he talks about trying to kill someone here.
Benjamin Carson Interview -- page 3 / 8 -- Academy of Achievement

He doesn't strike me as a liar. He's not the professional pol type, not like a Hillary or a Jeb.

Politifact has him with a few "Pants on Fire".. Rush Limbaugh's record on Pollitifact is way better than Carson's. Well, practically everybody's is.

Two things.

First, Politifact is hardly "non-partisan" It's a globalist hatchet job.

Second, when it comes to the social sciences, Ben Carson is hardly a brain surgeon. I seriously doubt he intentional has sought to mislead. C'mon, this is coming from a guy that literally believes that the Earth is less than a million years old. I'm sure he has faith that a lot of those statements are true. Right? :eusa_doh:

Politifact is owned by the Tampa Bay Times, one of the most conservative newspapers in the country, and they share responsibilities with Minneapolis and Atlanta newspapers to research and confirm their data.

Ben Carson is a Seventh Day Adventist which means he thinks Jesus is coming back and the earth is just over 6000 years old, actually. One of my brothers has been SDA for about 20 years. He's fucking deluded, too.

As much as I think that Trump is a media whore and a clown, I'd take him over Carson whom I consider to be a Christian "Mullah".....
Carson has a very scary pathological demeanor.

Who has ordered the death of more people Obama or Carson?

Ben Carson said: ""I discovered when I was in grade school that those tactics [Donald Trump's slam] really are for grade school. And I've gone far beyond that now," he told CNN during a book signing in Fort Myers, Fla.

Yeah, he sure did. A few years later he tried to stab a friend with a camping knife! Big improvement! Bhahahahahaha!
What a gasbag.

Any links?

Or just going full bore into throwing the liberal perceived uncle Tom under the Buss?

By now, you ought to know that story. I don't even have a TV and I'm aware of that tale. Geese.

Tales are fiction. He wrote about that stabbing attempt in his book, "Gifted Hands". Should have been titled "Wringing Hands".

I think it should be titled "Gifted Hands...Mouth, Not So Much". :p

Dr. Carson seems to be a nice guy. Any sober examination of his candidacy website is sure to leave you in a state of disbelief....the man will not list a single plan for some very big issues.

Ben of the issues...

This is the entire website (save for the mast-head and the footer- summary asking for a donation)

In January 2009, our public debt was $11.9 trillion. Now, it’s more than $18 trillion. Interest payments on the debt now total about $250 billion, the 3rd single biggest item in the federal budget.

balanced-budget.jpg

We must ratify a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution in order to restore fiscal responsibility to the federal government’s budget.
The career politicians in Washington have demonstrated beyond even a shadow of a doubt that they won’t get serious about balancing the budget and paying down the debt until we MANDATE that it be done by constitutional amendment.
Each generation’s greatest responsibility is to pass on a greater opportunity to the next generation. Our generation is failing in this regard. A Balanced Budget Amendment to our Constitution will lead to a better future for our grandchildren.

That is it.No mention of what he'd cut, what he'd reduce, what he would do to pay down the debt, how he would balance the budget, etc....

It isn't that one disagrees with the plans...it's that the man has no plans to disagree with...

It's inside of 3 months until Iowa; This isn't July.

Anyway, for what it's worth; it looks like he did try to stab someone as a kid. Big deal. The man is a gifted doctor, a philanthropist, and seems like an all-around nice guy.

Did Ben Carson Stab Someone?
From CBS News:

He has been open about the fact that he was not always a model student, and struggled with anger issues as a child. As a teenager, he tried to stab a friendduring an argument over which radio station to listen to, but the knife hit hid friend's belt buckle and snapped instead.

He writes in Gifted Hands about how he prayed after the incident and it changed his life. After that, he went on to Yale University and University of Michigan for medical school.

Five things to know about Ben Carson

Raw Story:

“As a teenager, I would go after people with rocks, and bricks, and baseball bats, and hammers. And, of course, many people know the story when I was 14 and I tried to stab someone. And, you know, fortunately … my life has been changed. And I’m a very different person now.”

Carson, the author of a number of bestselling books, has often told the story of his wayward youth and the time he attempted to stab a friend . The person he threatened with a hammer was his mother .

So the question of the day is why did Ben Carson lie about his juvenile past?

"Ben Carson, the soft-spoken, Yale-educated brain surgeon who has surged in the GOP presidential race, has written and spoken powerfully of divine intervention at several pivotal moments in his life.

At the core of his narrative of spiritual redemption are his acts of violence as an angry young man — stabbing, rock throwing, brick hurling and baseball bat beating — that preceded Carson's sudden transformation into the composed figure who stands before voters today.

In his 1990 autobiography, "Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story," Carson describes those acts as flowing from an uncontrollable "pathological temper." The violent episodes he has detailed in his book, in public statements and in interviews, include punching a classmate in the face with his hand wrapped around a lock, leaving a bloody three-inch gash in the boy's forehead; attempting to attack his own mother with a hammer following an argument over clothes; hurling a large rock at a boy, which broke the youth's glasses and smashed his nose; and, finally, thrusting a knife at the belly of his friend with such force that the blade snapped when it luckily struck a belt buckle covered by the boy's clothes.

"I was trying to kill somebody," Carson said, describing the incident -- which he has said occurred at age 14 in ninth grade -- during a September forum at the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco.

But nine friends, classmates and neighbors who grew up with Carson told CNN they have no memory of the anger or violence the candidate has described.

150501181524-ben-carson-2013-medium-plus-169.jpg

That person is unrecognizable to those whom CNN interviewed, who knew him during those formative years.

All of the people interviewed expressed surprise about the incidents Carson has described. No one challenged the stories directly. Some of those interviewed expressed skepticism, but noted that they could not know what had happened behind closed doors.

Gerald Ware, a classmate at Southwestern High School said he was "shocked" to read about the violence in Carson's book.

"I don't know nothing about that," said Ware, who still lives in southwestern Detroit. "It would have been all over the whole school."

CNN was unable to independently confirm any of the incidents, which Carson said occurred when he was a juvenile.Much more at the link A tale of two Ben Carsons - CNNPolitics.com

So the question of the day is why did Ben Carson lie about his juvenile past?

"Ben Carson, the soft-spoken, Yale-educated brain surgeon who has surged in the GOP presidential race, has written and spoken powerfully of divine intervention at several pivotal moments in his life.

At the core of his narrative of spiritual redemption are his acts of violence as an angry young man — stabbing, rock throwing, brick hurling and baseball bat beating — that preceded Carson's sudden transformation into the composed figure who stands before voters today.

In his 1990 autobiography, "Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story," Carson describes those acts as flowing from an uncontrollable "pathological temper." The violent episodes he has detailed in his book, in public statements and in interviews, include punching a classmate in the face with his hand wrapped around a lock, leaving a bloody three-inch gash in the boy's forehead; attempting to attack his own mother with a hammer following an argument over clothes; hurling a large rock at a boy, which broke the youth's glasses and smashed his nose; and, finally, thrusting a knife at the belly of his friend with such force that the blade snapped when it luckily struck a belt buckle covered by the boy's clothes.

"I was trying to kill somebody," Carson said, describing the incident -- which he has said occurred at age 14 in ninth grade -- during a September forum at the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco.

But nine friends, classmates and neighbors who grew up with Carson told CNN they have no memory of the anger or violence the candidate has described.

150501181524-ben-carson-2013-medium-plus-169.jpg

That person is unrecognizable to those whom CNN interviewed, who knew him during those formative years.

All of the people interviewed expressed surprise about the incidents Carson has described. No one challenged the stories directly. Some of those interviewed expressed skepticism, but noted that they could not know what had happened behind closed doors.

Gerald Ware, a classmate at Southwestern High School said he was "shocked" to read about the violence in Carson's book.

"I don't know nothing about that," said Ware, who still lives in southwestern Detroit. "It would have been all over the whole school."

CNN was unable to independently confirm any of the incidents, which Carson said occurred when he was a juvenile.Much more at the link A tale of two Ben Carsons - CNNPolitics.com

Carson would like to be a neo-Malcolm X........but instead comes off as just another clown in the GOP posse.

I'm sure it was an oversight on your part......but how's about throwing in a couple of other names like Bush and Cheney?

Obama winner of the Nobel Peace Prize orders the death of thousands, wages war in multiple countries, assassinates people with drone strikes, champions the practice of abortion, is an admitted liar, and you label Carson "pathological"? What does that say about your defense of Obama?

Ben Carson said: ""I discovered when I was in grade school that those tactics [Donald Trump's slam] really are for grade school. And I've gone far beyond that now," he told CNN during a book signing in Fort Myers, Fla.

Yeah, he sure did. A few years later he tried to stab a friend with a camping knife! Big improvement! Bhahahahahaha!
What a gasbag.

It wasn't a stabbing. It was a surgical strike.

I'm sure it was an oversight on your part......but how's about throwing in a couple of other names like Bush and Cheney?

Obama winner of the Nobel Peace Prize orders the death of thousands, wages war in multiple countries, assassinates people with drone strikes, champions the practice of abortion, is an admitted liar, and you label Carson "pathological"? What does that say about your defense of Obama?

We're right and you're wrong. That's what it says.

Correction.....I was NOT defending Obama from your "attack"......I was just wondering why in hell would anyone with half-a-brain (ooops, I just answered my own question) would be defending Carson by attacking Obama.

We're right and you're wrong. That's what it says.

Did you get a 4 year old to help you come up with that reply?

Correction.....I was NOT defending Obama from your "attack"......I was just wondering why in hell would anyone with half-a-brain (ooops, I just answered my own question) would be defending Carson by attacking Obama.

I pointed out your hypocrisy and bias, sorry if that upset you and you felt the need to fling insults and have an outburst. :eusa_boohoo:

Um, nobody champions the practice of abortion.

Do your OWN research, bear..or, instead, stay just as ignorant as you are now.

You made the claim, it's yours to support.

In reality, Carson's knife fight story seems false and unbelievable. I toss it into the pile with this KFC story; it's a fiction he's made up to try to sound tough, possibly as an attempt to compensate for receiving too many wedgies as a child.

I pointed out your hypocrisy and bias, sorry if that upset you and you felt the need to fling insults and have an outburst

Upset??? Hardly!!!

By all means, DO defend Carson......perhaps the easiest of right wing nominees to beat the crap out of, a year from now.

Forum List

Back