Carson's answer.. an admission of ignorance wiser than all other answers

browsing deer

Silver Member
Jul 11, 2015
Ben Carson answers fan mail on facebook....

"
Tom, I don’t want to send any but this is not a want – it is a need. Now brace yourself because I am about to answer a question that most politicians could never bring themselves to say…I don’t know exactly how many. Tom, here is what I will do. I will meet with the Secretary of Defense and Joint Chiefs of Staff, conveying to them my mission. I will ask them the best way to accomplish that mission. They would then come back to me with a list of resources they need. So Tom, the correct answer is not one fewer soldier than what the best and brightest military minds think is necessary. For far too long, we have had a leader that second guesses his commanders. I won’t do that. They will have my full support, not my Monday morning quarterbacking.

"

Best answer so far. He is going to give the same answer Lincoln gave Grant in 1864 and Roosevelt gave Eisenhower in 1944.

I don't like his religious answers, but by and large his answers have been spot on

Question

Which president 2nd guessed their military commanders? Where is proof of this?

Carson has no power but what about freaking Secretary of State John Kerry who opined that jihad extremists are justified in murder and bloodshed if they think Muhammed was insulted? Is Kerry just ignorant or is he a danger to U.S. security? Blame the powerless Black guy and ignore the White guy who runs the Dept. of State?

I don't believe our troops have been held back as much as they have been given totally screwed up missions.

Ben Carson: I don't know, and that's a good thing!

I've always found honesty to be a refreshing policy. It's also prudent not to answer questions with certainty on issues that take lots of information and variables that are unknown at the moment.

Reagan was just as bad as the rest of them, I do admire that unlike LBJ he wasn't above changing course to cut-and-run.

Three-and-a-half months after the bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut that killed 241 U.S. military personnel — and after repeatedly pledging not to do so — Reagan ordered the withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Lebanon. As Gen. Colin Powell later aptly summarized this military misadventure: "Beirut wasn’t sensible and it never did serve a purpose. It was goofy from the beginning."

When Reagan Cut and Run

Ben Carson: I don't know, and that's a good thing!

I've always found honesty to be a refreshing policy. It's also prudent not to answer questions with certainty on issues that take lots of information and variables that are unknown at the moment.

Oh I agree, honesty is a good thing and I applaud your bravery on such a divisive issue. I'm talking about not having an idea about the job. That part is pretty questionable.

"
Tom, I don’t want to send any but this is not a want – it is a need. Now brace yourself because I am about to answer a question that most politicians could never bring themselves to say…I don’t know exactly how many. Tom, here is what I will do. I will meet with the Secretary of Defense and Joint Chiefs of Staff, conveying to them my mission. I will ask them the best way to accomplish that mission. They would then come back to me with a list of resources they need. So Tom, the correct answer is not one fewer soldier than what the best and brightest military minds think is necessary. For far too long, we have had a leader that second guesses his commanders. I won’t do that. They will have my full support, not my Monday morning quarterbacking.

"

Best answer so far. He is going to give the same answer Lincoln gave Grant in 1864 and Roosevelt gave Eisenhower in 1944.

I don't like his religious answers, but by and large his answers have been spot on

Ben Carson is a turd.
maxresdefault.jpg

"

"

Ben Carson is a turd.
maxresdefault.jpg
but you're the peanut in the turd.

Reagan was just as bad as the rest of them, I do admire that unlike LBJ he wasn't above changing course to cut-and-run.

Three-and-a-half months after the bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut that killed 241 U.S. military personnel — and after repeatedly pledging not to do so — Reagan ordered the withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Lebanon. As Gen. Colin Powell later aptly summarized this military misadventure: "Beirut wasn’t sensible and it never did serve a purpose. It was goofy from the beginning."

When Reagan Cut and Run

Is that Reagan 2nd guessing the military, or 2nd guessing the reasons for being in Lebanon?

Understand, the military will take whatever mission handed to them. 2nd guessing is to question how they go about achieving their goals. Scrapping a mission without allowing the military is not 2nd guessing the military, but the need for obtaining the goal.

I think people have a tendency to confuse the two.

Also, I would find it strange that a military commander is the one initiating the discussion on who we should attack If we are at peace. Such discussions usually would come from the State department backed up by the intelligence community.

By the way--changing the goals of a mission is not 2nd guessing the military either. Sorry, but this idea of micromanaging the military is a strange meme I keep hearing from Hawks. I think it is an intended misconception that is needed to stall the opposition from changing goals or scrapping missions/war plans.

Forum List

Back