CaseLabs (PC case maker) closed today due to Trump's tariffs

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
Let us pray for those whose jobs were terminated, and their relatives who depended on them:
PC case maker CaseLabs says it has been 'forced into bankruptcy and liquidation' by US tariffs

CaseLabs, which makes custom towers for computers and has a high-profile following, including prominent YouTubers such as LinusTechTips, announced it would be permanently closing on Saturday.

The company, based in California, said tariffs had raised costs by almost 80 per cent and that “the default of a large account” had added to the issue.

“We are very sad to announce that CaseLabs and its parent company will be closing permanently,” CaseLabs said in a statement. “We have been forced into bankruptcy and liquidation.

“The tariffs have played a major role raising prices by almost 80 per cent (partly due to associated shortages), which cut deeply into our margins.

"The default of a large account added to the issue", I bet. High end computer tower cases? Give me a break. It's a lot easier to blame the President than it is by taking responsibility and tech based companies go under all the time.

"The default of a large account added to the issue", I bet. High end computer tower cases? Give me a break. It's a lot easier to blame the President than it is by taking responsibility and tech based companies go under all the time.

Dozens of companies are closing because of Trump’s tariffs. Yes they are the companies who were on the edge in the first place, but the weakest always go first.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/92901900

And it’s only just begun. It is estimated that the steel and aluminum tariffs will result in 150,000 lost manufacturing jobs, but only create about 30,000 jobs in the steel manufacturing sector.

Trump said trade wars were easy to win. This isn’t winning.

i just seen a customer complaint page about them and most on that page including overseas customers think their customer service kinda sucks....they take forever to answer their questions about were is my cases?.....the dam cases are pretty expensive.....that could play a part too and these were from 2017.......plus they are located in Canoga Park Ca.....probably get taxed to the max...

Dozens of companies are closing because of Trump’s tariffs. Yes they are the companies who were on the edge in the first place, but the weakest always go first.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/92901900

And it’s only just begun. It is estimated that the steel and aluminum tariffs will result in 150,000 lost manufacturing jobs, but only create about 30,000 jobs in the steel manufacturing sector.

Trump said trade wars were easy to win. This isn’t winning.

Your link show those that MAY close, not that they HAVE closed.

The case company would not have made it no matter the tariffs or not. Let's not forget that CaseLabs has had supply issues for nearly 3 years now. They FINALLY resumed taking custom orders back on 10/20/2016 (they shut them down months before that) ... even before Trump was elected.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/380-case-labs/1614114-caselabs-custom-orders-open-again.html

Blaming Trump for this is just an excuse. Poor management on CaseLabs part is the REAL issue here.

Tariffs are stupid policy. A big gubmint tax on the lower and middles classes that the Trump sheep cheer and celebrate.

Forum List

Back