Casey Anthony

YOU are the jury. What's your thoughts so far?

• guilty.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • not guilty.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • undecided.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It wasn't, which is exactly my point. Did you not read the part where I said she didn't raise insanity as an affirmative defense right there where you quoted me?

Actually yes, after I posted. Didn't have the ambition to go back and change. But most folks don't know what an affirmative defense is, or how it gets into a trial. Most tend to think insanity is something the jury cooks up.

Sorry Sunshine, I didn't mean to sound rude...I could have put that better. You're right; most people don't understand the law very well, but claim to be in-the-know.

Too true. And they are appalled at the chaos within our justice system. So many shows like Perry Mason and other crime shows have given people the notion that justice arrives in a neat little package at the end of an hour, but it does not, if it arrvies at all.

Justice never got to my Father. The Prosecutor never called the investigating officer, never called the coroner, and didn't even show pictures of the injuries caused by the girl who knocked him down which led to his death. Coroner ruled homicide by blunt force trauma caused by another. The girl walked...

Justice never got to my Father. The Prosecutor never called the investigating officer, never called the coroner, and didn't even show pictures of the injuries caused by the girl who knocked him down which led to his death. Coroner ruled homicide by blunt force trauma caused by another. The girl walked...

I'm sorry SFC Ollie. That doesn't sound fair.

Much to the attorneys on both sides' horror, jurors vote for any or no reasons at all. Null jurors are a fact of life.

That's awful.

That's awful.

Jury made the decision, prosecution blew it when it should have been open and shut case.

In Caylee's case i think the prosecution did their job, but no one can tell what a jury member may think or do.

That's awful.

Jury made the decision, prosecution blew it when it should have been open and shut case.

In Caylee's case i think the prosecution did their job, but no one can tell what a jury member may think or do.
Sorry about your Dad, Ollie. He's in a better place, and when he looks down here and sees you, I bet he feels his life was well lived.

Much to the attorneys on both sides' horror, jurors vote for any or no reasons at all. Null jurors are a fact of life.

There is actually a law on the books in Tennessee that a jury cannot render a verdict through wagering (flipping a coin.) What does THAT tell you about our justice system.

There are groups out there who want to do away with the jury system altogether. Originally the jury system was intended to protect us from the tyranny of the state. But who protects us from the tyranny of the jury?

There is actually a law on the books in Tennessee that a jury cannot render a verdict through wagering (flipping a coin.) What does THAT tell you about our justice system.

There are groups out there who want to do away with the jury system altogether. Originally the jury system was intended to protect us from the tyranny of the state. But who protects us from the tyranny of the jury?

I'd like to hear the judge's instructions to the jury. I know he is limited to what he can say, but some things about the situation of Casey Anthony's refusal to go to the authorities in the death of her daughter for over a month outshout the lack of "hard evidence" on a badly-decomposed Caylee Anthony's body with the taped-up mouth area and her undignified garbage-bagged remains in a sewer of a swamp.

Last edited:
I am not thinking that CM added much to the close outside of the Guilt Chart. JB ended much stronger.

That could go either way with a jury that has to look forward to a sequestered 4th of July, missing real families and real friends who do not pull any punches on their precious toddlers.

My thinking would be "Why would I give this evil, banana-brained broodmare ten minutes of my holiday with my family's children that I love and care for?

My answer to myself would be writing "guilty" on the little white piece of paper in front of me, which I would place in the voting box in less than a tenth of a second of my time after months of hearing pure dee diatribe from the defense and their doofus experts.

I am not thinking that CM added much to the close outside of the Guilt Chart. JB ended much stronger.

That could go either way with a jury that has to look forward to a sequestered 4th of July, missing real families and real friends who do not pull any punches on their precious toddlers.

My thinking would be "Why would I give this evil, banana-brained broodmare ten minutes of my holiday with my family's children that I love and care for?

My answer to myself would be writing "guilty" on the little white piece of paper in front of me, which I would place in the voting box in less than a tenth of a second of my time after months of hearing pure dee diatribe from the defense and their doofus experts.

Acts that incense and acts that indict are not always one and the same.

I've only participated on a consult mock jury. I remember quite clearly the first and strongest instruction (once we entered deliberations) was to resist an immediate vote. We were strongly encouraged to go around the table and share our impressions/insights. Once all had a say, then vote. Minds were changed as a result of this process.

31 days of concealing her daughter's death from her mother and father plus 3 years of nonstop lying about the fault being just about everybody else's except hers at every waking minute paints a picture even a simpleton cannot fail to see in 20-20 perspective.

I've only participated on a consult mock jury. I remember quite clearly the first and strongest instruction (once we entered deliberations) was to resist an immediate vote. We were strongly encouraged to go around the table and share our impressions/insights. Once all had a say, then vote. Minds were changed as a result of this process.

And that is good instruction. The law is based on reason rather than emotion. I strongly suspect we will never know what happened in this case. It is one that definitely incenses, but there are child victims like her everywhere. On CNN today is the story of a 12 year old caged like a dog, abused, killed, then buried in the yard. You don't have to go very far to find them. Yet, this ONE child is the big headliner and the rest be damned. At least for today.

And that is good instruction. The law is based on reason rather than emotion. I strongly suspect we will never know what happened in this case. It is one that definitely incenses, but there are child victims like her everywhere. On CNN today is the story of a 12 year old caged like a dog, abused, killed, then buried in the yard. You don't have to go very far to find them. Yet, this ONE child is the big headliner and the rest be damned. At least for today.

I suspect this is largely attributed to the defendants behaviours during the "31 days." I would also add that she is [was] a cute young white girl from an "average middle class family" [media pigeon hole, not my personal position] which suspends disbelief in crimes such as these - of course these are my personal observations.

I suspect this is largely attributed to the defendants behaviours during the "31 days." I would also add that she is [was] a cute young white girl from an "average middle class family" [media pigeon hole, not my personal position] which suspends disbelief in crimes such as these - of course these are my personal observations.

Yes, of course!

And so, ladies and gentlemen, to sum it up, if the glove don't fit just right, you must acquit!!! Furthermore, he didn't get no respect from dat white @$%*&, so you must let the sweet-faced, famous OJ go free. Don't get mad, don't worry, be happy! It's all about just ice and be cool. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back