Casey Anthony

YOU are the jury. What's your thoughts so far?

• guilty.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • not guilty.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • undecided.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've only participated on a consult mock jury. I remember quite clearly the first and strongest instruction (once we entered deliberations) was to resist an immediate vote. We were strongly encouraged to go around the table and share our impressions/insights. Once all had a say, then vote. Minds were changed as a result of this process.

And that is good instruction. The law is based on reason rather than emotion. I strongly suspect we will never know what happened in this case. It is one that definitely incenses, but there are child victims like her everywhere. On CNN today is the story of a 12 year old caged like a dog, abused, killed, then buried in the yard. You don't have to go very far to find them. Yet, this ONE child is the big headliner and the rest be damned. At least for today.

And so, ladies and gentlemen, to sum it up, if the glove don't fit just right, you must acquit!!! Furthermore, he didn't get no respect from dat white @$%*&, so you must let the sweet-faced, famous OJ go free. Don't get mad, don't worry, be happy! It's all about just ice and be cool. :rolleyes:

I sense anger...is there something you would like to share with the group?

I've only participated on a consult mock jury. I remember quite clearly the first and strongest instruction (once we entered deliberations) was to resist an immediate vote. We were strongly encouraged to go around the table and share our impressions/insights. Once all had a say, then vote. Minds were changed as a result of this process.

And that is good instruction. The law is based on reason rather than emotion. I strongly suspect we will never know what happened in this case. It is one that definitely incenses, but there are child victims like her everywhere. On CNN today is the story of a 12 year old caged like a dog, abused, killed, then buried in the yard. You don't have to go very far to find them. Yet, this ONE child is the big headliner and the rest be damned. At least for today.

And so, ladies and gentlemen, to sum it up, if the glove don't fit just right, you must acquit!!! Furthermore, he didn't get no respect from dat white @$%*&, so you must let the sweet-faced, famous OJ go free. Don't get mad, don't worry, be happy! It's all about just ice and be cool. :eyeroll:

At the time I thought his acquittal was a travesty. But think about the ensuing years. He got his. If he had been convicted of the criminal charges at the time he would have been a martyr and a hero to at least 1/3 of this country. He ain't living large at the moment. Time wounds all heels!

O.J. Simpson 'Bored Out Of His Mind' At Prison

Last edited:

And so, ladies and gentlemen, to sum it up, if the glove don't fit just right, you must acquit!!! Furthermore, he didn't get no respect from dat white @$%*&, so you must let the sweet-faced, famous OJ go free. Don't get mad, don't worry, be happy! It's all about just ice and be cool. :rolleyes:

I wish I had a dime for every time I'd heard someone say 'the system is broken' in the last 5 years. It comes from everywhere. Maybe so. Maybe we are just outdated.

I just did. And FWIW, anger at a self-centered, cold-blooded, vicious and heartless killer whose trademark is pulling the wool over people's eyes with a different story to fit the latest knowledge to keep the onus for her deeds off herself is hardly my worst fault. :D

...And so, ladies and gentlemen, to sum it up, if the glove don't fit just right, you must acquit!!! Furthermore, he didn't get no respect from dat white @$%*&, so you must let the sweet-faced, famous OJ go free. Don't get mad, don't worry, be happy! It's all about just ice and be cool. :eyeroll:

At the time I thought his acquittal was a travesty. But think about the ensuing years. He got his. If he had been convicted of the criminal charges he would have been a martyr and a hero to at least 1/3 of this country. He ain't living large at the moment. Time wounds all heels!...]

Along these same lines ... in my opinion, Casey, will be convicted of one charge or another. Her defense team has essentially waved the white flag regarding four counts of obstruction. So she will do some time. And when she gets to the "Big House," I think she will learn that female prisoners tend to treat mothers who mistreat their children about the same as male prisoners treat child molesters. She's probably going to catch the wrong end of a knife while serving whatever sentence she is given. In fact, she might be more safe from such if she was convicted of a more serious offense.

I wish I had a dime for every time I'd heard someone say 'the system is broken' in the last 5 years. It comes from everywhere. Maybe so. Maybe we are just outdated.

Trial by a jury of your peers, in my opinion, would work a lot better if those jurors were professional jurors. It certainly would in medical malpractice, product liability, and workers' compensation cases. Jurors simply have a hard time tying the importance of evidence to relevant elements of legal concepts. And as science progresses, this will become a greater and greater problem, in my opinion.

...And so, ladies and gentlemen, to sum it up, if the glove don't fit just right, you must acquit!!! Furthermore, he didn't get no respect from dat white @$%*&, so you must let the sweet-faced, famous OJ go free. Don't get mad, don't worry, be happy! It's all about just ice and be cool. :eyeroll:

At the time I thought his acquittal was a travesty. But think about the ensuing years. He got his. If he had been convicted of the criminal charges he would have been a martyr and a hero to at least 1/3 of this country. He ain't living large at the moment. Time wounds all heels!...]

Along these same lines ... in my opinion, Casey, will be convicted of one charge or another. Her defense team has essentially waved the white flag regarding four counts of obstruction. So she will do some time. And when she gets to the "Big House," I think she will learn that female prisoners tend to treat mothers who mistreat their children about the same as male prisoners treat child molesters. She's probably going to catch the wrong end of a knife while serving whatever sentence she is given. In fact, she might be more safe from such if she was convicted of a more serious offense.

She will be on protective custody just like she is now. It is a misconception that child killers/abusers are put into gen pop in prisons.

The quotes are reversed, Sunshine stated "At the time" and Freedombecki stated "and so ladies..."

She will be on protective custody just like she is now. It is a misconception that child killers/abusers are put into gen pop in prisons.

She may well be in P.C., and she certainly would be if convicted of a more serious offense. It has been my experience that, although not as bad as people think, this in fact is the case. And it has also been my experience that women in prison convicted of violent crimes can be just as vicious, if not more, than violent male offenders. Guess we'll just disagree there.

Like the late Jeffrey Daumer? Whose young victim, James Doxtator, was 14 years old. Location: Dahmers grandmothers house. West Allis, South of Milwaukee. Jan 16th 1988. Method: The victim was drugged then strangled. His flesh was removed from the bones with acid and the bones were once again pulverised. Disposal: Same as Steven Hicks. ("He later pulverised the bones with a sledgehammer and scattered the bones around the property. The flesh was put into bags and buried in a crawlspace under the house. It wasn't until 3yrs later that police and forensics found the remains") link

Last edited:

Like the late Jeffrey Daumer?

That is but one. There are many on protective custody in prisons all over the country. There are special units for them, and, believe it or not, those units run pretty well. Those who perpetrate children seldom bother adults. So prison staff have a tendency to like working those units as they are full of 'model prisoners.'

She may well be in P.C., and she certainly would be if convicted of a more serious offense. It has been my experience that, although not as bad as people think, this in fact is the case. And it has also been my experience that women in prison convicted of violent crimes can be just as vicious, if not more, than violent male offenders. Guess we'll just disagree there.

Where she goes will but up to the DOC. It is not up to the judge. Or anyone else.

Where she goes will but up to the DOC. It is not up to the judge. Or anyone else.

I don't know how Florida's Dept. of Corrections operates, but where I live, seriousness of offense does indeed play a part in determining where you do your time. For instance, persons convicted of drug-related nonviolent offenses are not housed at the same prison as those convicted of violent crimes.

Last edited:

I don't know how Florida's Dept. of Corrections operates, but where I live, seriousness of offense does indeed play a part in determining where you do your time.

I would believe this the case anywhere, but the decision is not that of the court. There must be a processing review by the warden to determine placement; I would think.

I don't know how Florida's Dept. of Corrections operates, but where I live, seriousness of offense does indeed play a part in determining where you do your time.

I would believe this the case anywhere, but the decision is not that of the court. There must be a processing review by the warden to determine placement; I would think.

I agree with Sunshine that it an administrative matter outside the discretion of the judge. I just find it funny she keeps giving me free first year CLE; I have to take enough of it as it is :razz:

I agree with Sunshine that it an administrative matter outside the discretion of the judge. I just find it funny she keeps giving me free first year CLE; I have to take enough of it as it is :razz:

whoops! i'll go away now...:razz:

If the jury was fooled into thinking DNA proof of murder is required in every case, our society will have killers running willy nilly in every city. I think Ms. Anthony killed her daughter, and I don't believe the skull buzz-saw forensics advocate had a leg to stand on after the soft-stated anthropologist pointed out that a dentist's mirror inserted into the child's foramen magnum was adequate to detect any injury to the skull, whereas sawing the skull in half would indeed inflict or obfuscate injury and was thus not acceptable in his or his peers' practice. Destroying evidence is what skull-sawing does, and modern forensics does not generally practice that antiquated shibboleth. I hope the jury is able to sort that out and set aside Dr. Sawbones' critiques of those who do not do his brand of evidence destruction. It's sad to see one alleged forensics expert take a piss on others who don't engage in his own deleterious practices.

But that isn't what's important here. The jury can't tell much from anything that was presented, including the loss of the little heart found stuck on the duct tape covering Caylee's little mouth. Perhaps a good lawyer would use it as an opportunity to grandstand against bad forensics practice, although conventional testing for DNA on the heart destroyed it.

The jury has only its gut to go on about the peculiar human behavior of the killer mom who spent not one moment of remorse over the loss of her daughter until she was behind bars where she was forced into enough quiet time that it could have come to her attention that what she did was horrendous. her mother lied in open court about researching "chlorophyll" and may have accidentally typed in chloroform at the time of the search on the home computer when records showed her to be at work, posting patient information.

Those people's neighbors were mad, too, at being betrayed by lie after lie after lie of someone they considered regular people. They made fools of themselves by mocking and berating the family, but they didn't like what happened and were horrified further when the child's taped-and-garbage-bagged-and-disposed remains were found.

How would you like it if this creepolini got off, decided to babysit under a different name someplace else where her name was not a household word, and did a number on somebody else's toddler when it cried too much or got in her miserable way?

And to make matters worse, her mother lied on the stand in order to keep lines of communication open with this harsh, cruel woman she raised. That deserves twenty years of hard time to send a message to other dilly-brained people who'd lie for getting off a cold-blooded killer.

Maybe those of you who think this should be done in a quiet, deliberate way to meet the standards of justice are superstars of prudence, and I'm not.

I'm just tired of this horrible case and the animosity it seems to bring out in some of us. Before I had to think about it, I felt calm and possessed of my faculties, too. But when I read the evidence and saw state's witnesses telling the tale of that child's woe and thought of the perverse way in which the body of that child was discarded into such an unlikely area, and a passel of lies a day, I formed an opinion of the liar that was not favorable to her case.

So, pardon my sardonic attitude, but I am given to pity children who are maltreated by their parents. A lot of that goes around in the world, and that grieves me more.

If the jury was fooled into thinking DNA proof of murder is required in every case, our society will have killers running willy nilly in every city. I think Ms. Anthony killed her daughter, and I don't believe the skull buzz-saw forensics advocate had a leg to stand on after the soft-stated anthropologist pointed out that a dentist's mirror inserted into the child's foramen magnum was adequate to detect any injury to the skull, whereas sawing the skull in half would indeed inflict or obfuscate injury and was thus not acceptable in his or his peers' practice. Destroying evidence is what skull-sawing does, and modern forensics does not generally practice that antiquated shibboleth. I hope the jury is able to sort that out and set aside Dr. Sawbones' critiques of those who do not do his brand of evidence destruction. It's sad to see one alleged forensics expert take a piss on others who don't engage in his own deleterious practices.

But that isn't what's important here. The jury can't tell much from anything that was presented, including the loss of the little heart found stuck on the duct tape covering Caylee's little mouth. Perhaps a good lawyer would use it as an opportunity to grandstand against bad forensics practice, although conventional testing for DNA on the heart destroyed it.

The jury has only its gut to go on about the peculiar human behavior of the killer mom who spent not one moment of remorse over the loss of her daughter until she was behind bars where she was forced into enough quiet time that it could have come to her attention that what she did was horrendous. her mother lied in open court about researching "chlorophyll" and may have accidentally typed in chloroform at the time of the search on the home computer when records showed her to be at work, posting patient information.

Those people's neighbors were mad, too, at being betrayed by lie after lie after lie of someone they considered regular people. They made fools of themselves by mocking and berating the family, but they didn't like what happened and were horrified further when the child's taped-and-garbage-bagged-and-disposed remains were found.

How would you like it if this creepolini got off, decided to babysit under a different name someplace else where her name was not a household word, and did a number on somebody else's toddler when it cried too much or got in her miserable way?

And to make matters worse, her mother lied on the stand in order to keep lines of communication open with this harsh, cruel woman she raised. That deserves twenty years of hard time to send a message to other dilly-brained people who'd lie for getting off a cold-blooded killer.

Maybe those of you who think this should be done in a quiet, deliberate way to meet the standards of justice are superstars of prudence, and I'm not.

I'm just tired of this horrible case and the animosity it seems to bring out in some of us. Before I had to think about it, I felt calm and possessed of my faculties, too. But when I read the evidence and saw state's witnesses telling the tale of that child's woe and thought of the perverse way in which the body of that child was discarded into such an unlikely area, and a passel of lies a day, I formed an opinion of the liar that was not favorable to her case.

So, pardon my sardonic attitude, but I am given to pity children who are maltreated by their parents. A lot of that goes around in the world, and that grieves me more.

You are not wrong. I don't think anybody here is making light of the case. We are discussing process without getting emotional. There are plenty of posters who agree with you, they're just not here tonight.

So if YOU were accused of a horrific crime, you would want an emotional and over reactive jury. Got it. Discard any exculpatory evidence in your case, make sure you get what some emotional rattle brain thinks you should have. :clap2:

Bottom line, they don't know how she died, and therefore they don't know if it was murder or not.

Last edited:

Where I went to school Crimes, Criminal Procedure, and Constitutional Criminal Law are not just a first YEAR classes, some are first SEMESTER class! :tongue:

Forum List

Back