Cat Lovers Thread

I'm kind of bummed today. My very crabby but loyal companion of 15 years took her last walk yesterday. That's not the cat in my av, this was a black and white girl.

She had been declining badly, and I would have taken her to the vet if she looked like she was hurting badly. In the end, she took the choice out my hands. We said goodbye, and she walked, with great difficulty, out to the woods. She knew the fox lived there. She didn't come back. I saw no point in going look for her. It might sound weird, but I had to respect her choice.

She lived to torment me, and I miss her terribly.

So sorry for your loss, mamooth. I felt the same way when I lost my "crabby cakes" (pictured in my av). It has been nearly four years for me, and I still miss my girl and I still remember her sometimes tormenting behavior ... and it brings smiles to my face ... and sometimes I still cry. I know your loyal companion will always remain in your heart and mind. Sincere condolences ...

I'm kind of bummed today. My very crabby but loyal companion of 15 years took her last walk yesterday. That's not the cat in my av, this was a black and white girl.

She had been declining badly, and I would have taken her to the vet if she looked like she was hurting badly. In the end, she took the choice out my hands. We said goodbye, and she walked, with great difficulty, out to the woods. She knew the fox lived there. She didn't come back. I saw no point in going look for her. It might sound weird, but I had to respect her choice.

Very sorry to hear when someone loses a pet. It's very tough, I know. Fifteen years is a long time. My cat died 5 years ago. I had him for 16 years. It was very difficult, very painful. I knew he was dying, and I sat with him all weekend, day and night. At one point on Sunday, I went out for about 5 minutes to take out the garbage. While I was gone, he stopped breathing. I think he held on while I was there, but felt able to let go when he was alone. That's the type of thing they do.

So sorry for your loss, too, Esmeralda. :(

Ginny – The Loving Dog That Rescued Over 900 Injured Stray Cats
Ginny - The Loving Dog That Rescued Over 900 Injured Stray Cats - Amazing Tails

Ginny-The-Loving-Dog-That-Rescued-Over-900-Stray-Cats-4.jpg

Sorry to hear about losing your cat companion of 15 years. We also have a grumpy cat, but I know I would miss her terribly if she was gone. I've lost several cats, some we had a short time and Oso, we had a long time. We still miss him....hope your happy memories of her will make her being gone a lot easier to handle.

Forum List

Back