Catholic Bishops Oppose Compromise on Birth-Control

You're completely deranged.
If having a problem with a company covering penile implants and not BC makes me deranged. So be it. At least I am not sheep like my friend California Girl.

The Above is denial and obfuscation at it's finest. Mark it.:lol:

Penis envy? Really?

Penis envy?
Your whole life has revolved around penis envy. I have never met anyone with a micro penis, what is that like?

Catholic Health Association approves of Obama's compromise. Nothing but banning abortion is going to make conservative catholics happy.

Catholic Health Association approves of Obama's compromise. Nothing but banning abortion is going to make conservative catholics happy.

You might want to read their full statement again.
Why? Did he lie? Did they not say they approved of the compromise?

"The Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU)
acknowledges and appreciates the compromise that President Obama has
made to accommodate religious institutions in regard to the birth
control mandate under the Affordable Care Act. We commend the Obama
Administration for its willingness to work with us on moving toward a
solution, and we look forward to working out the details of these new
regulations with the White Hous
e. [Association of Jesuit Colleges and
Universities, 2/10/12] "

The did not say they approve of the compromise. They 'acknowledge and appreciate' it.

Basic comprehension.

You might want to read their full statement again.

Universities, 2/10/12] "

The did not say they approve of the compromise. They 'acknowledge and appreciate' it.

Basic comprehension.
Basic comprehension would have helped you realize he said Catholic Health Association, not The group you quoted.
This is the statement the CHA released
"The Catholic Health Association is very pleased with the White House announcement that a resolution has been reached that protects the religious liberty and conscience rights of Catholic institutions. The framework developed has responded to the issues we identified that needed to be fixed.
We are pleased and grateful that the religious liberty and conscience protection needs of so many ministries that serve our country were appreciated enough that an early resolution of this issue was accomplished. The unity of Catholic organizations in addressing this concern was a sign of its importance.
This difference has at times been uncomfortable but it has helped our country sort through an issue that has been important throughout the history of our great democracy.
The Catholic Health Association remains committed to working with the Administration and others to fully implement the Affordable Care Act to extend comprehensive and quality health care to many who suffer today from the lack of it."

Universities, 2/10/12] "

Basic comprehension.
Basic comprehension would have helped you realize he said Catholic Health Association, not The group you quoted.
This is the statement the CHA released
"The Catholic Health Association is very pleased with the White House announcement that a resolution has been reached that protects the religious liberty and conscience rights of Catholic institutions. The framework developed has responded to the issues we identified that needed to be fixed.
We are pleased and grateful that the religious liberty and conscience protection needs of so many ministries that serve our country were appreciated enough that an early resolution of this issue was accomplished. The unity of Catholic organizations in addressing this concern was a sign of its importance.
This difference has at times been uncomfortable but it has helped our country sort through an issue that has been important throughout the history of our great democracy.
The Catholic Health Association remains committed to working with the Administration and others to fully implement the Affordable Care Act to extend comprehensive and quality health care to many who suffer today from the lack of it."

Independent Logic put both quotes together. So, yea, I could have looked more closely... or you could have just read the fucking thread instead of expecting people to spoon feed you.

I still don't see anything in that quote that says they 'accept' the compromise.

To be absolutely brutal about it, though, Catholics will listen to what their Bishops, particular Cardinal Delegate Dolan, says. They are the voice of the Church, he is the voice of the Church in America.

The free exercise clause is not an absolute, and it does not cover actions that are not religious by their nature, such as operating hospitals or schools. The fact that you don't understand this shows that you are completely ignorant regarding the limits of first amendment protects and the expansive case law that goes back well more than a century.

Catholic Charities are religious by their nature. Ever single one comes from Christ's teachings.

It's not a charity when you chaRGE.
And they do charge....those they provide "free" services to are paid for by the government.

Again, how much money does the Catholic Church 'make' from their charities?

Be specific.

Why? No seriously, fucking why?

I could pull up all sorts of figures that show the greedy bastards are making all sorts of money, you can pull up bullshit numbers about how generous they are selling indulgences... :eusa_liar:

But it's a business. Too bad we don't apply the consumer fraud laws.

Then I'd sue them to prove Uncle Asshole really got into heaven. :lol:

My guess is you cannot find a single source anywhere that shows that the Catholic church is making money off of its hospitals. Prove me wrong, I dare you.

LI's profitable Catholic hospitals earn ratings upgrade

Catholic Health Services of Long Island got an upgraded rating on its outstanding debt, to A- from BBB+, from Fitch Ratings, which cited “sustained operating improvements and strengthened balance sheet metrics.”

CHSLI showed its strongest operating results ever in 2010: With operating income of $73.5 million on revenue of $1.96 billion, it had a 3.7% operating margin. Remarkably, all six of the system's hospitals were profitable. St. Francis, for example, generated $33.7 million in income, while Good Samaritan earned $14.2 million. The system generated a $2 million profit in the first quarter of 2011.

CHSLI has a nearly 25% market share in both Nassau and Suffolk counties—second only to the North Shore-LIJ system. One factor driving the high market share is CHSLI's participation in the Long Island Health Network, whose 10 hospital members make up half of the Long Island health care market.

Fitch's main credit concern is CHSLI's large capital budget: $1 billion for 2012-2017. The system must issue an additional $350 million in debt in 2013 and 2014 to meet its capital demands, which could put pressure on its balance sheet if cash flow generation doesn't remain strong.

CHSLI is heavily reliant on St. Francis. The Roslyn, L.I., hospital accounted for 46% of the system's operating income last year, and 24.5% of system revenue. That large percentage actually is lower than in 2008, when St. Francis represented 88% of operating profit. St. Francis just got a new $190 million patient tower and is undergoing a $60 million renovation and expansion of its emergency department and cardiac capacity.

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20110701/PULSE/110639985

Just for the record, it's irrelevant in the first place,

but since you dared us...

lolol... p.s. you're an idiot for not taking the 3 minutes it took me to research your own claim.

Take that as friendly advice for the next time you're tempted to remind us of what a jackass you are.

Why? No seriously, fucking why?

I could pull up all sorts of figures that show the greedy bastards are making all sorts of money, you can pull up bullshit numbers about how generous they are selling indulgences... :eusa_liar:

But it's a business. Too bad we don't apply the consumer fraud laws.

Then I'd sue them to prove Uncle Asshole really got into heaven. :lol:

My guess is you cannot find a single source anywhere that shows that the Catholic church is making money off of its hospitals. Prove me wrong, I dare you.

Catholic Health Services of Long Island got an upgraded rating on its outstanding debt, to A- from BBB+, from Fitch Ratings, which cited “sustained operating improvements and strengthened balance sheet metrics.”

CHSLI showed its strongest operating results ever in 2010: With operating income of $73.5 million on revenue of $1.96 billion, it had a 3.7% operating margin. Remarkably, all six of the system's hospitals were profitable. St. Francis, for example, generated $33.7 million in income, while Good Samaritan earned $14.2 million. The system generated a $2 million profit in the first quarter of 2011.

CHSLI has a nearly 25% market share in both Nassau and Suffolk counties—second only to the North Shore-LIJ system. One factor driving the high market share is CHSLI's participation in the Long Island Health Network, whose 10 hospital members make up half of the Long Island health care market.

Fitch's main credit concern is CHSLI's large capital budget: $1 billion for 2012-2017. The system must issue an additional $350 million in debt in 2013 and 2014 to meet its capital demands, which could put pressure on its balance sheet if cash flow generation doesn't remain strong.

CHSLI is heavily reliant on St. Francis. The Roslyn, L.I., hospital accounted for 46% of the system's operating income last year, and 24.5% of system revenue. That large percentage actually is lower than in 2008, when St. Francis represented 88% of operating profit. St. Francis just got a new $190 million patient tower and is undergoing a $60 million renovation and expansion of its emergency department and cardiac capacity.

lolol... p.s. you're an idiot for not taking the 3 minutes it took me to research your own claim.

Take that as friendly advice for the next time you're tempted to remind us of what a jackass you are.

Very nice. Now, show me a link that says the Catholic Church is making money off of its hospitals. Since they are incorporated as non profits the law requires any profits to be folded back into the business, something anyone with an IQ above freezing should know. That means the church does not make money, even if some of their hospitals do,

Very nice. Now, show me a link that says the Catholic Church is making money off of its hospitals. Since they are incorporated as non profits the law requires any profits to be folded back into the business, something anyone with an IQ above freezing should know. That means the church does not make money, even if some of their hospitals do,

Are you mentally retarded?

The fact that you do not understand English is not indicative of anything to do with me.

Its called principle, it has nothing to do with cost to me. And it has everything to do with a employer being allowed to discriminate against women.
If you don't get want principle means, well that doesn't surprise me. You blindly supports bishops who think you are less than them.

If having a problem with a company covering penile implants and not BC makes me deranged. So be it. At least I am not sheep like my friend California Girl.

I with ya, i have the same issues.. anything having to do with men having sex.... its covered. Chruch health care or not. Pisses me right the hell off.

But this is not the issue. It is not about discriminating against women.. (though that they do in spades) The church is against birth control... they choose not to cover it as its against their doctrine.

The Above is denial and obfuscation at it's finest. Mark it.:lol:

Penis envy? Really?

No, its not penis envy. Its bullshit at its finest. If it is something for men to get it up... its front and center of paid for.

The fact that you do not understand English is not indicative of anything to do with me.

Apparently you don't understand the words 'Catholic', 'hospital', and 'profitable'.

oh, and btw, who cares? Being a non-profit doesn't exempt you from complying with labor and business laws. What retard told you that?

Apparently you don't understand the words 'Catholic', 'hospital', and 'profitable'.

oh, and btw, who cares? Being a non-profit doesn't exempt you from complying with labor and business laws. What retard told you that?

Let me see if I can explain this to you in small words. Non profit does not mean that you cannot make a profit, it means the profit is not paid to the owners or stockholders of the corporation. That means the church, even though it owns the hospital, does not make money off of it.

Only three words over two syllables, I hope that does not strain you too much.

Another major difference between a profit and nonprofit business deals with the treatment of the profits. With a for-profit business, the owners and shareholders generally receive the profits. With a nonprofit, any money that's left after the organization has paid its bills is put back into the organization. Some types of nonprofits can receive contributions that are tax deductible to the individual who contributes to the organization. Keep in mind that nonprofits are organized to provide some benefit to the public.
Nonprofit Corporation Definition | Small Business Encyclopedia | Entrepreneur.com

There is more at the link.

Oh, and by the way, the Supreme Court says that being a non profit religious affiliated institution does, in some cases, exempt you from labor laws.

Last edited:
Obama fighting for women's health care.

Opposed by two of the great evils in the world, the Catholic Church and the Republican Party.

I like it.

Forum List

Back