Catholics in Abu Dhabi get new church

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Abu Dhabi is certainly more open minded when it comes to religion. I realize it is only two churches, but it is a start. It's a shame that the Saudis couldn't be the same. I was just reading a piece where the Saudis were praising the Filipinos working in their country; but even though the Filipinos are devout Catholics and number in the thousands and thousands there, there is not one church for them to attend.

Saudi employers impressed with skills of Filipinos Arab News

Friday, June 12, 2015

Abu Dhabi: A new church for Catholics has been built on the outskirts of the city. St Paul’s Church in Musaffah industrial area is the second Catholic church in Abu Dhabi, after St Joseph’s Cathedral in Al Mushrif.

Shaikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister for Culture, Youth and Community Development, inaugurated the complex on Thursday in the presence of Cardinal Pietro Parolin, the Vatican’s Secretary of State and other dignitaries.

“The new church in Musaffah will be a blessing to many Catholics who travel from the outskirts of the city to attend weekly services in Al Mushrif,” church leaders said.

Bishop Paul Hinder, Apostolic Vicar of Southern Arabia, said the new church is again a shining example of the generosity of the rulers of the UAE.

“We thank the rulers for providing an attractive environment where Christians feel accepted and are able to live their own identity and to practice their religious beliefs.

Continue reading at:

Catholics in Abu Dhabi get new church - thenews.com.pk

are you a bot Sally?

Are you actually human? If so, how about you givingg us some news of the Middle East instead of making snide remarks? I think Skye thinks that she is tied up with a gun to her head so that she is forced to read my posts. What would a decent, civilized person say to this article being that she has freedom of religiion in this country?

Bless you Sally! :p

Thank you, my child. I will hear your confession later on in the confession box. If you tell me you like to make snide remarks because you are bored with life, I will tell you to volunteer with the church ladies.

Abu Dhabi is certainly more open minded when it comes to religion. I realize it is only two churches, but it is a start. It's a shame that the Saudis couldn't be the same. I was just reading a piece where the Saudis were praising the Filipinos working in their country; but even though the Filipinos are devout Catholics and number in the thousands and thousands there, there is not one church for them to attend.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Abu Dhabi: A new church for Catholics has been built on the outskirts of the city. St Paul’s Church in Musaffah industrial area is the second Catholic church in Abu Dhabi, after St Joseph’s Cathedral in Al Mushrif.

Shaikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister for Culture, Youth and Community Development, inaugurated the complex on Thursday in the presence of Cardinal Pietro Parolin, the Vatican’s Secretary of State and other dignitaries.

“The new church in Musaffah will be a blessing to many Catholics who travel from the outskirts of the city to attend weekly services in Al Mushrif,” church leaders said.

Bishop Paul Hinder, Apostolic Vicar of Southern Arabia, said the new church is again a shining example of the generosity of the rulers of the UAE.

“We thank the rulers for providing an attractive environment where Christians feel accepted and are able to live their own identity and to practice their religious beliefs.

Continue reading at:

Do tell ...... :cool:

Friday, June 12, 2015

Continue reading at:

Yes in the same time your jewish friends burn churches in Palestine.
Greek Orthodox Church decries attacks by Jewish settlers

israel-1.jpg

Friday, June 12, 2015

Continue reading at:

Yes in the same time your jewish friends burn churches in Palestine.
Greek Orthodox Church decries attacks by Jewish settlers

israel-1.jpg

Freeman, you already have shown us this. The graffiti can be painted over. Meanwhile, where did you go to when I asked you this?

"Now, Freeman, I am surprised by your bringing up such a subject. Have your forgotten that your brave brethren are busy beheading and crucifying Christians? Just whom do you think beheaded that group of Copts recently? Since you are a devout Muslim, I would like to ask you if you believe in what Mohammed said when he stated there is no compulsion in religion. Do you, yourself, have tolerance for those who are not Muslims? Additionally, do you believe all your brethren should have tolerance for the religious beliefs of others and let these others practice their religion in peace, or are you OK with those brethren of yours who are busy murdering people because they are non Muslims or Muslims of a different sect?'

Forum List

Back