Cattle Rancher = Section 8 housing tenant

They also don't understand the issue or how BLM used grazing rights to drive out every other rancher.

This is closer to the situation of the street vendor in Tunisia. A petty bureaucrat passed laws upon laws to harass those who were just trying to make a living. Declaring him a lawbreakers the government seized his wares. The vendor set himself on fire in protest and started the Arab spring. Cliven Bundy took a stand.

It is really more than this one man. It is a rising public bile against a government the seizes land because a family drove a snow cat on a path, built a pond, built a house, had a birthday party in a barn. The government is becoming increasingly more abusive. It's time to take a stand someplace. This is the place.

Just watching the hate ooze from the left over this rancher and taking this Governments (Obama's administration) side is sickening

but then they whine how come we can't all get along

hateful people

Wow, I've read quite a few of your post bashing the 47% and they were damn hateful. But a rich moocher is who for over 20 years short-changes the tax payer is OK in your book.
When you get the chance, look up the word hypocrisy.

Just watching the hate ooze from the left over this rancher and taking this Governments (Obama's administration) side is sickening

hateful people

Wow, I've read quite a few of your post bashing the 47% and they were damn hateful. But a rich moocher is who for over 20 years short-changes the tax payer is OK in your book.
When you get the chance, look up the word hypocrisy.

wow, the 47% doesn't have an army of jackbooted thugs coming after them.
so dumb comparison...but carry on beating your chest or something

It's a silly comparison. I'm not on Bundy's side, he wasn't living on public land, his cattle was grazing public land.

there is only one comparison that needs to made.

Millions get foreclosed and evicted, conservatives say: "Sucks to be you, should have paid what you owe".

Some cows are getting evicted from public lands "It's time to stand up for.....rich cowboy moochers!!".

Why do you people care about this dumbfuckery so much more than the evicted, the homeless and the unemployed?

The main reason is that it absolutely irks you left wing nutballs when any individuals stand up to government authority.

The first thing you need to consider, is that the federal government does not own the lands in question. The public does, with the federal government as the land managers. That is why it is called the Bureau of Land Management, and not the Bureau of Government land.

The next thing you need to consider, is that we expect BLM to manage the public lands in the interests of the public, and not in the financial interest of Dirty Harry Reid, his son, and/or the Chinese.

The third thing you need to consider, is that the original reason for the conflict in 1993 was bogus at best, and downright fraud at worst. Those turtles get along fine with cattle and the public, and the BLM had no business using them to put ranchers out of business.

Once the federal government forced the Rancher to become an outlaw, to survive as a rancher, I can find no sympathy for the federal government when the public stands up and says enough is enough.

Perhaps you need to spend a few years out in the Western States where the public lands under federal management, constitute the majority of the land in those states. I once was glad that the federal government was managing the lands, because I thought they did a better job than the states did. I have changed my mind as I see the new crop of federal managers attempting to exclude the public from these public lands.

Millions get foreclosed and evicted, conservatives say: "Sucks to be you, should have paid what you owe".

Some cows are getting evicted from public lands "It's time to stand up for.....rich cowboy moochers!!".

Why do you people care about this dumbfuckery so much more than the evicted, the homeless and the unemployed?

The main reason is that it absolutely irks you left wing nutballs when any individuals stand up to government authority.

The first thing you need to consider, is that the federal government does not own the lands in question. The public does, with the federal government as the land managers. That is why it is called the Bureau of Land Management, and not the Bureau of Government land.

The next thing you need to consider, is that we expect BLM to manage the public lands in the interests of the public, and not in the financial interest of Dirty Harry Reid, his son, and/or the Chinese.

The third thing you need to consider, is that the original reason for the conflict in 1993 was bogus at best, and downright fraud at worst. Those turtles get along fine with cattle and the public, and the BLM had no business using them to put ranchers out of business.

Once the federal government forced the Rancher to become an outlaw, to survive as a rancher, I can find no sympathy for the federal government when the public stands up and says enough is enough.

Perhaps you need to spend a few years out in the Western States where the public lands under federal management, constitute the majority of the land in those states. I once was glad that the federal government was managing the lands, because I thought they did a better job than the states did. I have changed my mind as I see the new crop of federal managers attempting to exclude the public from these public lands.

Sounds like one for the lawyers to settle, I really don't care about any of the particulars in this case, it's all a giant useless exercise in stupid greed. I really just wonder about the reaction, out of all of the righteous civil disobedient things that conservatives could do, why this one? As was prophetically said in a hundred movie westerns, "Them dad-blame cows aint worth dyin' over", it's even stupider that those "patriots" didn't even own them dad-blame cows.

:eusa_clap:

hateful people

Personally I couldn't care less about the rancher, rather, I am fascinated by the reaction here. Out of all of the outrages and hardships faced by Americans, out of all the mass tragedy and theft, why is this crap worth starting a shooting war with the Feds? The "The last straw" argument is bullshit and it's lazy. My theory is that it's tribal thing, the big time rancher being a conservative movie archetype who must protect the ranch no matter how many extras get slaughtered. This ain't no Saturday morning matinee.

dear gawd spare us your theories...they are all pathetic as you cheering on this government invasion of this man property with 100's of jackbooted brown shirts..

Your're right. For it to be an apt comparison, the Section 8 housing people would first have to stop paying rent for a few years before they were evicted. Like the rancher did.

No, actually they would have had to have previous squatting rights to a state of Utah owned property.

Nipples and oranges.

Thanks.

Ok. Lets say its a Native American family they're evicting.

Now....would the RW support an armed resistance to that court order?

I'd call Liz Warren

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

hateful people

Personally I couldn't care less about the rancher, rather, I am fascinated by the reaction here. Out of all of the outrages and hardships faced by Americans, out of all the mass tragedy and theft, why is this crap worth starting a shooting war with the Feds? The "The last straw" argument is bullshit and it's lazy. My theory is that it's tribal thing, the big time rancher being a conservative movie archetype who must protect the ranch no matter how many extras get slaughtered. This ain't no Saturday morning matinee.

dear gawd spare us your theories...they are all pathetic as you cheering on this government invasion of this man property with 100's of jackbooted brown shirts..

On the contrary, I am not "cheering on" anyone here, Everyone directly involved was a flaming dumbass and the only smart thing anyone did was leave.

Conservatives actually get out and protest something and the liberals go ballistic. I love it.

Out of all of the things they could have physically protested, foreclosures, mass lay-offs, plant closures and out-sourcing that hurt lots of people they finally get up-in-arms over .......cows, (facepalm).

Nipples and Oranges. Logic failure.

Your're right. For it to be an apt comparison, the Section 8 housing people would first have to stop paying rent for 21 years before they were evicted. Like the rancher did.

Very true, thanks for correcting my mistake.

A Section 8 tenant- who like the rancher is just using govt property for their own benefit- would be given probably 30 days to get out once they stopped paying rent. They could give all the excuses in the world- but no rent, no use of the property.

And if they didn't, a court would order eviction. That the police would enforce.

Wonder if 1,000 armed South Atlanta residents standing up to that order would be glorified by the right wing?

You're an idiot who doesn't know the slightest thing about section 8, which gives you a voucher that covers your rent in a privately owned home, NOT GOVERNMENT PROPERTY.

hateful people

Personally I couldn't care less about the rancher.

Yeah, we can see that. When do libs ever care about people whom the government chooses to persecute?

Forum List

Back