Caught on Tape: NPR Executive Savages Conservatives, Christians & Tea Party Members

No spending can be enacted without being proposed in the House. As long as the GOP holds the House of Representatives, funding for NPR is at their whim.
No bill proposing funding for NPR will ever reach the House floor, period, so the Senate and President can bitch and moan all they want, It ain't happening.

Cut Sarge some slack, Ernie....

I'm pretty sure budgeting and procedure aren't covered until Poli-Sci 201, so he's yanking in the dark until then.

There is no funding for NPR in the House's spending bill.

NPR does not receive government funding. It does, however, apply for and receive some government grants.

What you need to work on is outlawing all government grants.

How cute, even your own side gave up that fools game

wow, another mental midget

if the funding doesnt pass the house, they DONT GET IT
doesnt matter one bit what they do in the senate

You're a moron. The funding is in a bill, correct? Bills have to pass both houses of Congress and get signed by the president. If Dems decide to, they can fight to get the funding restored. It, among other things, could keep Dems, who control the Senate, from voting to pass the funding bill. I'm not saying that this will definitely happen, I'm just pointing out the possibility. The two of you think it's a slam dunk. There are negotiations involved. The defunding provision could very well be removed in the negotiations process. Apparently, you don't understand how the process works.
NO THEY CAN'T No spending can be enacted without being proposed in the House. As long as the GOP holds the House of Representatives, funding for NPR is at their whim.
No bill proposing funding for NPR will ever reach the House floor, period, so the Senate and President can bitch and moan all they want, It ain't happening.
Again, the House doesn't fund NPR. There is no budget with NPR funding.

NPR does apply for and receive some grants from the government.

The only thing the Republicans can do is make grants illegal.

“I think it is a look inside what NPR executives really think, and for me this is a revelation in the sense that here they are saying exactly how they view the world,” Williams said.

Oh really?

Notice how Williams took a 'he' and made it a 'they'?

So it IS okay to take one person's words or actions and apply to an entire group? So one anti-abortion murderer is a good look inside what all pro-lifers think?

Really?

So, you're finally got that concept, huh? Individuals are not corporations... now, apply that to the bullshit about Fox. :eusa_angel:

Thank you for agreeing with me that this individual Schiller is not the 'corporation'.

See, even this nitwit is smart enough to agree with me for once.

Actually, it's the other way around. You're finally grasping a concept that I've held since I joined.... individuals are individuals. Now you need to apply that logic to your rants about Fox News, the TEA Parties, and every other organization you dislike.

NPR does not receive government funding. It does, however, apply for and receive some government grants.

It is not my problem that people are fooled by right wing talking points.

I said your side. It's not cute anymore, now it's sad.

" NPR president and CEO Vivian Schiller resigned Wednesday in the wake of comments by a fellow executive that angered conservatives and renewed calls to end federal funding for public broadcasting.
The chairman of NPR's board of directors announced that he has accepted Schiller's resignation, effective immediately.
NPR media correspondent David Folkenflik said in a tweet that Schiller was forced out by the board."

"
Vivian Schiller was criticized for last year's firing of analyst Juan Williams after he said on Fox News that he feels uncomfortable when he sees people in "Muslim garb" on airplanes."

News from The Associated Press

I said your side. It's not cute anymore, now it's sad.
You may keep pretending to yourself that there is funding for NPR in the House's spending bill but it simply isn't true.

It's called a "teleworking bill" and it was voted into effect by House Democrats just last Novemeber of 2110.

By a 239 to 171 vote, the House approved advancing a teleworking bill without the language that would bar local public radio stations from using taxpayer dollars to purchase NPR programming.

The public money at issue was funding to the stations from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.

So, you're finally got that concept, huh? Individuals are not corporations... now, apply that to the bullshit about Fox. :eusa_angel:

Thank you for agreeing with me that this individual Schiller is not the 'corporation'.

See, even this nitwit is smart enough to agree with me for once.

Actually, it's the other way around. You're finally grasping a concept that I've held since I joined.... individuals are individuals. Now you need to apply that logic to your rants about Fox News, the TEA Parties, and every other organization you dislike.

Oh really? And all those articles at Huffpo that you automatically dismissed simply because you dislike the source?

What would you call that?

So there's no dominant liberal news media? lol, you're calling a bunch of your USMB pals idiots then.

NPR gets only a small percentage of their revenue from the federal government. Take it away and they'll just make it up with a few extra paid advertisements here and there. And they'll still be the 2nd and 3rd most listened talk radio shows.

We're going to see :)

Morning Edition and All Things Considered get a bigger audience than Hannity and almost as big an audience as Limbaugh.

You really don't think they can make up losing a couple percentage points of funding with a few on-air sponsors? Do Hannity and Limbaugh have sponsors?

Limbaugh has token sponsors. He's getting money from Republican contributors.

I hope nobody is naive enough to think that companies like Carbonite are paying Limbaugh's $250,000,000+ salary.

I really believe NPR is a dead man walking. I see no way for them to survive the exposure these tapes have brought upon them with their funding intact.

It was a good run, but they aren't even a shell of what they used to be.

Time to find out if they can make it on their own or not.

We shall see.

“I think it is a look inside what NPR executives really think, and for me this is a revelation in the sense that here they are saying exactly how they view the world,” Williams said.

Oh really?

Notice how Williams took a 'he' and made it a 'they'?

So it IS okay to take one person's words or actions and apply to an entire group? So one anti-abortion murderer is a good look inside what all pro-lifers think?

Really?

Yes, what the anti-NPR crowd is doing to NPR here IS bullshit.

Forum List

Back