CBO: Poor Americans would lose billions under GOP tax plan

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Well, trickle-down failed - so Republicans will now try "trickle-UP"

This is largely because the legislation would eliminate the individual mandate, which requires nearly all Americans to get health insurance or pay a penalty. This would result in 13 million fewer people having coverage in 2027, the CBO found.

Many of the folks who would forgo coverage would have lower or moderate incomes and would have qualified for Medicaid or federal help paying their premiums or out-of-pocket health expenses, CBO found.

Those earning less than $40,000 a year would be worse off in 2025, when the bill's provisions would mostly be in effect, according to the report released Sunday. On the flip side, those with higher incomes would enjoy tax breaks.​

Poor Americans would lose billions under Senate GOP tax bill

Well, that is what they get for staying home or falling for Trumps lies last election. Feel sad for them but the rust belt is going to pay the piper.

Our beloved Pres. Trump says his tax plan is best for the American people.

I have no reason to doubt our awesome president. .... :cool:

Our beloved Pres. Trump says his tax plan is best for the American people.

I have no reason to doubt our awesome president. .... :cool:

why doubt him - all the miserable son of a bitch has done is lie .

This is largely because the legislation would eliminate the individual mandate, which requires nearly all Americans to get health insurance or pay a penalty. This would result in 13 million fewer people having coverage in 2027, the CBO found.

If 13 million people decide not to purchase health insurance its Trump's fault?

This will make it harder for the poor to move upwards! Just how the rich like it.

because you're an idiot is it Trumps fault ?

A record number of Americans have signed up for Obamacare in the first few days of open enrollment — despite White House cuts to outreach and promotion.

More than 200,000 people signed up Nov. 1, a Trump administration source told The Hill, which first reported on the surge.

That’s double the 100,000 who signed up on the first day of enrollment a year ago.

Web traffic to the healthcare.gov site that enrolls people in the Affordable Care Act also set a new record. Roughly 1 million visitors browsed the site, compared to 750,000 on Nov. 1 a year ago, The Hill said.

You'll be okay, unemployed and underemployed dems. Just get a second job. Thank goodness the economy has improved so you can at long last crawl out from under the food stamp blanket you have huddled under.

Hey, if you want to have 13 million people hit the emergency room when they need a $100-200 thousand dollar surgery .. fine by me. But don't whine when your rates go absolutely sky high and rural hospitals continue to shut down because they can only take so many welfare cases.

Remember too, that the IM was originally a Heritage Foundation idea!

How the Heritage Foundation, a Conservative Think Tank, Promoted the Individual Mandate

Heritage Rewrites History

Many of the folks who would forgo coverage would have lower or moderate incomes and would have qualified for Medicaid or federal help paying their premiums or out-of-pocket health expenses, CBO found.

Those earning less than $40,000 a year would be worse off in 2025, when the bill's provisions would mostly be in effect, according to the report released Sunday. On the flip side, those with higher incomes would enjoy tax breaks.​

LMAO
you would post some bullshit about it being bad people arent being forced to purchase a for profit product..
Is trump putting a gun to their head or something? Musta missed that part :rolleyes:

The stupidity of the left never ceases to amaze me. Just when I think they cannot possibly get any more ignorant, more naive, or more blind, they push the stupidity envelope.

The stupidity of the left never ceases to amaze me. Just when I think they cannot possibly get any more ignorant, more naive, or more blind, they push the stupidity envelope.

opposed to Trump adding $1.7 trillion dollars to the national debt and RW's licking his ass for doing it ?

yeah, the left is stupid as hell.

Cry me a river

The poor have billions? lmao.

Yeah I don't have billions. So I'm not terribly worried. Especially when I can can see how I get to keep more of my money.

Bill may not be perfect but it will be good.

opposed to Trump adding $1.7 trillion dollars to the national debt and RW's licking his ass for doing it ?

Just look at the posts in this thread. It’s proof positive that liberals are pushing the boundaries of stupidity.

How can you actually lose money if you don't pay taxes? What you mean is less mooching, right?

How can you actually lose money if you don't pay taxes? What you mean is less mooching, right?

They have no idea what they mean. Some idiot politician spouts incoherent nonsense and they just go with it.

So smart guy, if they do nothing what are the numbers? I mean during obummer it went up 10 trillion. Now as far as my math goes 1.7 is less than 10. What’s your math say?

Just look at the posts in this thread. It’s proof positive that liberals are pushing the boundaries of stupidity.
absolutely correct, its neo-liberalism.

and the cbo is spot on.

Forum List

Back