CBO: Poor Americans would lose billions under GOP tax plan

Well, trickle-down failed - so Republicans will now try "trickle-UP"

This is largely because the legislation would eliminate the individual mandate, which requires nearly all Americans to get health insurance or pay a penalty. This would result in 13 million fewer people having coverage in 2027, the CBO found.

Many of the folks who would forgo coverage would have lower or moderate incomes and would have qualified for Medicaid or federal help paying their premiums or out-of-pocket health expenses, CBO found.

Those earning less than $40,000 a year would be worse off in 2025, when the bill's provisions would mostly be in effect, according to the report released Sunday. On the flip side, those with higher incomes would enjoy tax breaks.​

Poor Americans would lose billions under Senate GOP tax bill
I'm not sure what are the reductions in govt services to those making 40k counted in this study.

Anyone poor enough to qualify for taxpayer assisted health insurance qualifies for Medicaid. The ACA was scam from day 1.

sooooooooo Medicaid isnt taxpayer assisted .. good to know!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, trickle-down failed - so Republicans will now try "trickle-UP"

This is largely because the legislation would eliminate the individual mandate, which requires nearly all Americans to get health insurance or pay a penalty. This would result in 13 million fewer people having coverage in 2027, the CBO found.

Many of the folks who would forgo coverage would have lower or moderate incomes and would have qualified for Medicaid or federal help paying their premiums or out-of-pocket health expenses, CBO found.

Those earning less than $40,000 a year would be worse off in 2025, when the bill's provisions would mostly be in effect, according to the report released Sunday. On the flip side, those with higher incomes would enjoy tax breaks.​

Poor Americans would lose billions under Senate GOP tax bill

Please explain how forcing people to pay for insurance coverage saves them money. If they already qualify for the subsidies, why wouldn't they just sign up without the the penalty?

If they sign up currently, no penalty.

If they sign up after the law is changed, no penalty.

What's the deal?

I also love the fact that it is projected out 10 years. By that time, hopefully their economic situation will be better and they will have a job that provides benefits.

This is libtard and CBO doubletalk.

They forced us to buy car insurance, now no one even thinks about it. starting people early having to think about health ins is a good thing. its not any of our faults that between big business & government they figure out how to make every thing we must have cost more money, require complicated paper work.

You'll be okay, unemployed and underemployed dems. Just get a second job. Thank goodness the economy has improved so you can at long last crawl out from under the food stamp blanket you have huddled under.
Democrats are just as prosperous as Republicans, brainwash functional moron. Meanwhile, your lying hypocrite greedy billionaire idiot brainwashingHeroes I've been screwing you for 35 years. Idiot

I just heard the moron say tax cuts will cost him a fortune and saps like blues will believe everything the liar says

I'm in the 3% so this tax reform bill will most likely cost me money. I'll be footing even more of the bill for the moochers and deadbeats.
The way I heard it it'll cost everyone making 75K a year a couple more 1000 a year BIG business gets most of the cuts AND while I have your ear how long do you think it'll take republicans to f with SS and medicare?

I just heard the moron say tax cuts will cost him a fortune and saps like blues will believe everything the liar says

I'm in the 3% so this tax reform bill will most likely cost me money. I'll be footing even more of the bill for the moochers and deadbeats.
The way I heard it it'll cost everyone making 75K a year a couple more 1000 a year BIG business gets most of the cuts AND while I have your ear how long do you think it'll take republicans to f with SS and medicare?

Don't worry I'll just earn that much more money to offset any tax increase. Your concerns regarding SS are VALID those assholes in congress having raided our SS trust fund thieving $2 trillion dollars from it with no way to pay us back now want to screw us out of our SS benefits.

That's the million dollar question. (-: Their rational for this pig initially was it was the only way to get enough growth to pay for ss/medicare, but no one will project enough growth from this to even offset the added debt. So, they're betting that a couple of grand for taxpayers will get them enough votes to stay in power in 18 and maybe 20..

Whatta guess? Maybe 15 years till we can't afford to service the debt and pay the entitlements?

Anyone poor enough to qualify for taxpayer assisted health insurance qualifies for Medicaid. The ACA was scam from day 1.

sooooooooo Medicaid isnt taxpayer assisted .. good to know!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I never said it isn't. My point is, what is the point of replacing one taxpayer assisted insurance with another taxpayer assisted plan?

That's the million dollar question. (-: Their rational for this pig initially was it was the only way to get enough growth to pay for ss/medicare, but no one will project enough growth from this to even offset the added debt. So, they're betting that a couple of grand for taxpayers will get them enough votes to stay in power in 18 and maybe 20..

Whatta guess? Maybe 15 years till we can't afford to service the debt and pay the entitlements?

Economic growth is our ONLY hope of digging out of the national debt hole they dug us into. The problem is even if that growth comes to pass we still have these morons in congress in charge of spending.

They forced us to buy car insurance, now no one even thinks about it. starting people early having to think about health ins is a good thing. its not any of our faults that between big business & government they figure out how to make every thing we must have cost more money, require complicated paper work.

No one is forced to purchase car insurance, that simply is untrue.

Don't worry I'll just earn that much more money to offset any tax increase. Your concerns regarding SS are VALID those assholes in congress having raided our SS trust fund thieving $2 trillion dollars from it with no way to pay us back now want to screw us out of our SS benefits.
My tax bill won't be so much either...

Day Change
-$153,530.73

Economic growth is our ONLY hope of digging out of the national debt hole they dug us into. The problem is even if that growth comes to pass we still have these morons in congress in charge of spending.
Heres a question I don't know the answer to Maybe you or some one can help? Trump says he's going to add 1000;s and 1000;s of good paying jobs Where are they coming from if unemployment is at 4%?

True. If you have enough money, you can post a bond.

Or, you can just not drive.

You own a car you better have insurance Isn't it a states law?

Heres a question I don't know the answer to Maybe you or some one can help? Trump says he's going to add 1000;s and 1000;s of good paying jobs Where are they coming from if unemployment is at 4%?

out of his ass, the same place everything he says comes from ..

The stupidity of the left never ceases to amaze me. Just when I think they cannot possibly get any more ignorant, more naive, or more blind, they push the stupidity envelope.

opposed to Trump adding $1.7 trillion dollars to the national debt and RW's licking his ass for doing it ?

yeah, the left is stupid as hell.

Just look at the posts in this thread. It’s proof positive that liberals are pushing the boundaries of stupidity.

Is the added debt not a concern for you? It's already over $20 trillion.
What’s your cure?

.​

The Congressional Budget Office cannot predict the future ... No one can.
The best they can do is speculate on crap they don't know will happen.

Invest your money wisely.
The government damn sure doesn't know how to manage a budget.​

.​

You own a car you better have insurance Isn't it a states law?
What’s your point?

If 13 million people decide not to purchase health insurance its Trump's fault?

Hey, if you want to have 13 million people hit the emergency room when they need a $100-200 thousand dollar surgery .. fine by me. But don't whine when your rates go absolutely sky high and rural hospitals continue to shut down because they can only take so many welfare cases.

Remember too, that the IM was originally a Heritage Foundation idea!

How the Heritage Foundation, a Conservative Think Tank, Promoted the Individual Mandate

Heritage Rewrites History

Why would a poor person need a $100-200 thousand surgery? (BTW spelling out dollars and using $ is redundant)

Hospitals are only required to keep you from dying in an emergency. If you die after that because you can't afford surgery, oh well!

Forum List

Back