CBO: Poor Americans would lose billions under GOP tax plan

Yes, until Trump started his assault on O-care.

Are you sure?

82 Rural Hospital Closures: January 2010 - Present - Sheps Center

82 closures listed above. 75 are between 2010-2016.

AND it reduced personal bankruptcies BIGLY (by half to be precise):

As legislators and the executive branch renew their efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act this week, they might want to keep in mind a little-known financial consequence of the ACA: Since its adoption, far fewer Americans have taken the extreme step of filing for personal bankruptcy.

Filings have dropped about 50 percent, from 1,536,799 in 2010 to 770,846 in 2016 (see chart, below). Those years also represent the time frame when the ACA took effect. Although courts never ask people to declare why they’re filing, many bankruptcy and legal experts agree that medical bills had been a leading cause of personal bankruptcy before public healthcare coverage expanded under the ACA.

That's funny!!
I mean claiming that the ACA did that, without any proof.
It's not like going thru the weakest economic recovery since WWII would have
reduced bankruptcies without the passage of ACA, right?

And where WERE those 82 rural hospital closures?

If you answer - in red states that stupidly didn't expand Medicaid ..

Then DING DING DING!!

Otherwise, we have a lovely parting gift :)

Lack Of Medicaid Expansion Hurts Rural Hospitals More Than Urban Facilities
Republicans' Proposed Medicaid Cuts Would Hit Rural Patients Hard

I'm in the 3% so this tax reform bill will most likely cost me money. I'll be footing even more of the bill for the moochers and deadbeats.
The way I heard it it'll cost everyone making 75K a year a couple more 1000 a year BIG business gets most of the cuts AND while I have your ear how long do you think it'll take republicans to f with SS and medicare?
That's the million dollar question. (-: Their rational for this pig initially was it was the only way to get enough growth to pay for ss/medicare, but no one will project enough growth from this to even offset the added debt. So, they're betting that a couple of grand for taxpayers will get them enough votes to stay in power in 18 and maybe 20..

Whatta guess? Maybe 15 years till we can't afford to service the debt and pay the entitlements?

Economic growth is our ONLY hope of digging out of the national debt hole they dug us into. The problem is even if that growth comes to pass we still have these morons in congress in charge of spending.
I only partially agree because I think restraining increases in entitlement programs has to go hand in hand with growth. But how possibly can a tax cut - THAT NO ONE OUTSIDE THE GOP SAYS WILL PAY FOR ITSELF WITH MORE REVENUE THAT IT CUTS - help the fucking deficits?
Hopefully there are a few republicans not attached to trumps ass that will vote it down
I'm afraid they'll accept some provision that calls for tax increases if growth of some level doesn't occur, but it's already a certainty that the growth cannot occur. And if we were magically to get 4plus% gnp growth, the Fed would jack up rates to put on the brakes. And they won't raise taxes to where they are not despite what the agreed upon bill says.

We already went down that road with W's second round of cuts, and the dems couldn't raise taxes when growth stopped because ........ raising taxes would hurt growth.

We're being fucked by a W tax cut for the third round.

I look forward to hear all the moans and groans coming from the retards when they find out how trump and their congress screwed them I'll LMAO

If they pass this tax reform clunker it'll be the death of the Republican Party, or at least toss them to the sidelines for a generation or so.

But the entertainment value may be worth the pain.

:popcorn:

If they pass this tax reform clunker it'll be the death of the Republican Party,

Obviously. Because look at the success tax hikers have had in recent history.

GHWB, hiked taxes in 1990, lost in 1992.
Clinton hiked taxes in 1993, lost control of the House and Senate with huge losses of seats.
I mean, 54 seats in the House and 9 in the Senate. Crazy how tax hikes are so popular!!!

The other time in recent history something like that happened was after Obamacare helped
the Dems lose 63 seats in the House in 2010.

Tax cutters do much better.
There you go. It's death to be respsonsible. Growth returned in the early 90s and even in 2012, deficits began declining and growth returned (although the Obamacare taxes didn't really have anything to do with reducing deficits or affecting stimulus)

Yes, until Trump started his assault on O-care.

Are you sure?

82 Rural Hospital Closures: January 2010 - Present - Sheps Center

82 closures listed above. 75 are between 2010-2016.

AND it reduced personal bankruptcies BIGLY (by half to be precise):

As legislators and the executive branch renew their efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act this week, they might want to keep in mind a little-known financial consequence of the ACA: Since its adoption, far fewer Americans have taken the extreme step of filing for personal bankruptcy.

Filings have dropped about 50 percent, from 1,536,799 in 2010 to 770,846 in 2016 (see chart, below). Those years also represent the time frame when the ACA took effect. Although courts never ask people to declare why they’re filing, many bankruptcy and legal experts agree that medical bills had been a leading cause of personal bankruptcy before public healthcare coverage expanded under the ACA.

That's funny!!
I mean claiming that the ACA did that, without any proof.
It's not like going thru the weakest economic recovery since WWII would have
reduced bankruptcies without the passage of ACA, right?

And where WERE those 82 rural hospital closures?

Then DING DING DING!!

Otherwise, we have a lovely parting gift :)

Lack Of Medicaid Expansion Hurts Rural Hospitals More Than Urban Facilities
Republicans' Proposed Medicaid Cuts Would Hit Rural Patients Hard

Obamacare only works if you expand Medicaid?

I look forward to hear all the moans and groans coming from the retards when they find out how trump and their congress screwed them I'll LMAO

If they pass this tax reform clunker it'll be the death of the Republican Party, or at least toss them to the sidelines for a generation or so.

If they pass this tax reform clunker it'll be the death of the Republican Party,

Clinton hiked taxes in 1993, lost control of the House and Senate with huge losses of seats.
I mean, 54 seats in the House and 9 in the Senate. Crazy how tax hikes are so popular!!!

The other time in recent history something like that happened was after Obamacare helped

There you go. It's death to be respsonsible. Growth returned in the early 90s and even in 2012, deficits began declining and growth returned (although the Obamacare taxes didn't really have anything to do with reducing deficits or affecting stimulus)

There you go. It's death to be respsonsible.

When was Clinton ever responsible?

Well, trickle-down failed - so Republicans will now try "trickle-UP"

This is largely because the legislation would eliminate the individual mandate, which requires nearly all Americans to get health insurance or pay a penalty. This would result in 13 million fewer people having coverage in 2027, the CBO found.

Many of the folks who would forgo coverage would have lower or moderate incomes and would have qualified for Medicaid or federal help paying their premiums or out-of-pocket health expenses, CBO found.

Those earning less than $40,000 a year would be worse off in 2025, when the bill's provisions would mostly be in effect, according to the report released Sunday. On the flip side, those with higher incomes would enjoy tax breaks.​

Poor Americans would lose billions under Senate GOP tax bill

The poor are losing out because they are not forced to pay for something and they might have gotten help paying for the from the government?

THAT's what your title is based on?

LOL!!!

The way I heard it it'll cost everyone making 75K a year a couple more 1000 a year BIG business gets most of the cuts AND while I have your ear how long do you think it'll take republicans to f with SS and medicare?
That's the million dollar question. (-: Their rational for this pig initially was it was the only way to get enough growth to pay for ss/medicare, but no one will project enough growth from this to even offset the added debt. So, they're betting that a couple of grand for taxpayers will get them enough votes to stay in power in 18 and maybe 20..

Whatta guess? Maybe 15 years till we can't afford to service the debt and pay the entitlements?

Economic growth is our ONLY hope of digging out of the national debt hole they dug us into. The problem is even if that growth comes to pass we still have these morons in congress in charge of spending.
I only partially agree because I think restraining increases in entitlement programs has to go hand in hand with growth. But how possibly can a tax cut - THAT NO ONE OUTSIDE THE GOP SAYS WILL PAY FOR ITSELF WITH MORE REVENUE THAT IT CUTS - help the fucking deficits?
Hopefully there are a few republicans not attached to trumps ass that will vote it down
I'm afraid they'll accept some provision that calls for tax increases if growth of some level doesn't occur, but it's already a certainty that the growth cannot occur. And if we were magically to get 4plus% gnp growth, the Fed would jack up rates to put on the brakes. And they won't raise taxes to where they are not despite what the agreed upon bill says.

We already went down that road with W's second round of cuts, and the dems couldn't raise taxes when growth stopped because ........ raising taxes would hurt growth.

The Dems should run on a huge tax hike.
It worked for Mondale.........

You know the OP is totally fabricating when saying that poor people lose billions. Since when did a poor American have a billion dollars?

The Dems should run on a huge tax hike.
It worked for Mondale.........

Amazing how they use W, yet the two biggest tax cuts came from Democrats!

Are we still paying for those cuts?

Must have not been that bad as Obama signed it!

Obama signs bill to extend Bush-era tax cuts for two more years

The poor will lose billions??? Gee wiz those billions came from where...the tooth fairy?
As stated in the link:
"This is largely because the legislation would eliminate the individual mandate, which requires nearly all Americans to get health insurance or pay a penalty."

The poor will lose billions??? Gee wiz those billions came from where...the tooth fairy?
As stated in the link:
"This is largely because the legislation would eliminate the individual mandate, which requires nearly all Americans to get health insurance or pay a penalty."

It is not a penalty it is a tax.

I'd vote for him in a NY minute to replace that loudmouthed ah there now

Yes we know you voted for the enabler of Bill Clinton and did so as you were commanded to do so!

Yes we know you voted for the enabler of Bill Clinton and did so as you were commanded to do so!
Kosh I voted for GWB in 2000 and quickly changed parties when I realized I had been voting for repub AH's all my life Clinton was a president as was Obama Trump is worse than a pig

Kosh I voted for GWB in 2000 and quickly changed parties when I realized I had been voting for repub AH's all my life Clinton was a president as was Obama Trump is worse than a pig

Yes many make this claim, but you follow the far left religious dogma without question or hesitation, so your words prove you are a far left drone!

Yes many make this claim, but you follow the far left religious dogma without question or hesitation, so your words prove you are a far left drone!
I follow no one religiously ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,except my wife ,,,mst of the time

Yes, because he could magically cause another Internet Bubble, eh?

Forum List

Back