Ceasefire Talks to Start Thursday.

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020

Good news if an equitable deal can be reached. But what is equitalble to the Ukraine and Russia may not be suitable for America.

A suggestion could be that Russia backs off to some sort of arrangement that would ensure the security and safety of the Russian people in the Donbass.

But would Russia back off that much now that it has so much invested in this war?

Ideas?

Good news if an equitable deal can be reached. But what is equitalble to the Ukraine and Russia may not be suitable for America.

A suggestion could be that Russia backs off to some sort of arrangement that would ensure the security and safety of the Russian people in the Donbass.

But would Russia back off that much now that it has so much invested in this war?

Ideas?
antiwar.com?

They are only cease-firing because their Ruble has gone down the toilet. Not to mention, half the world wants to ban them from events like the FIFA and others. As well, a lot of their military has hit a roadblock.
I think that Russia would have been fully aware of the problems it would be having on all the issues.

But Russia still considered it necessary to draw the line on the US/Nato takeover of the Ukraine.

Keep in mind that we in the West are only hearing the political spin from one side. It could be that this is a total success in the eyes of Russia! Putin may be of the opinion that if the Ukraine is lost then his country has lost!

In any event, it's a friendly war in which both sides, both Russia and America is playing nice.

We sure don't want Russia deciding to *win the war with America by going nuclear.

*win as in win/lose.

Ideas?
Ukraine gives up much of the eastern part of its country....until 5 or 6 years from now when Putin starts whining about how Ukraine wants to join the EU....and how he must invade because, reasons...and the right-wing will talk about how brilliant he is..and the cycle repeats

CNN and sometimes MSNBC is as far as I'll go into the dregs of the internet outside of USMB posters.
Then you're missing a bet because antiwar.com is definitely owned by the right. It's a fall back when Fox News turns left once in a while.

Ideas?
I believe that negotiating means negotiating surrender.

Ideas?

Pooty has to stop bombing and killing civilians before the Cease Fire Talks continue. Ukraine has the right to join N.A.T.O. is that is what they want to do.

Might be more to this than we are being told. It was just reported that the Russian convoy has stalled.

Maybe the military grunts have had enough.

I've said it three or four times now.

IMO this is the warfare equivalent of the Big Ask.

Russia is going to take much more than it actually wants and use the difference to negotiate a guarantee that Ukraine will not join NATO and a lifting of sanctions in exchange for Donbass, fresh water guarantee for Crimea and restitution to Ukraine.

I would not put much stock in Putin living up to any deal he makes I suspect he would honor it much like Hitler did those he made in the 1930s including the one he made with Russia.

I do not. Pooty is a Gangster and a Thug. His years in the K.G.B. taught him how be one. Pooty has one goal and one goal only, to restore the former Soviet Empire.

Then you're missing a bet because antiwar.com is definitely owned by the right. It's a fall back when Fox News turns left once in a while.
you mean like fox News is your fallback? when you don't have shit, throw out fox news?

Ideas?
They will keep some of the Geography....and probably set up military presence in the Opposition provinces.
At this point Zelensky needs to tell Biden to Shut up and change his undergarment. He has a nation of people who want to go back home.

JO

Forum List

Back