Celebrated Play About Inviting a Conservative to Dinner, then Killing and Eating Him

Killing conservatives central theme of stage production
See alsoThe Last Supper Violent Rhetoric Tucson Shooting
Matthew A. Schrader, Emily Mills and Odari McWhorter
mercuryplayerstheatre.com

February 7, 2011..wow a two year old story so much for current..
any of you ever heard of black comedy?
I don't mean comedies with black people in them..
black comedy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the genre. For situation comedies featuring a predominantly African American cast, see Black sitcom. For the play by Peter Shaffer, see Black Comedy (Play).
"Black Humor" redirects here. For the Spanish film, see Black Humor (film).

'Hopscotch to oblivion', Barcelona, Spain
A black comedy, or dark comedy, is a comic work that employs black humor, which, in its most basic definition, is humor that makes light of otherwise serious subject matter, or gallows humor.[1] The definition of black humor is problematic; it has been argued that it corresponds to the earlier concept of gallows humor.[2][3][4][5][6]

The term black humor (from the French humour noir) was coined by the surrealist theoretician André Breton in 1935,[7][8] to designate a sub-genre of comedy and satire[9][10] in which laughter arises from cynicism and skepticism,[7][11] often relying on topics such as death.[12][13]
Breton coined the term for his book Anthology of Black Humor (Anthologie de l'humour noir), in which he credited Jonathan Swift as the originator of black humor and gallows humor, and included excerpts from 45 other writers. Breton included both examples in which the wit arises from a victim, with which the audience empathizes, as is more typical in the tradition of gallows humor, and examples in which the comedy is used to mock the victim, whose suffering is trivialized, and leads to sympathizing with the victimizer, as is the case with Sade. Black humor is related to that of the grotesque genre.[14]
Breton identified Swift as the originator of black humor and gallows humor, particularly in his pieces Directions to Servants (1731), A Modest Proposal (1729), A Meditation Upon a Broom-Stick (1710), and a few aphorisms.[8][11]
The terms black comedy or dark comedy have been later derived as alternatives to Breton's term. In black humor, topics and events that are usually regarded as taboo, specifically those related to death, are treated in an unusually humorous or satirical manner while retaining their seriousness; the intent of black comedy, therefore, is often for the audience to experience both laughter and discomfort, sometimes simultaneously.
Black comedy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this thread should have been titled: A MAJOR NONTROVERSY OR MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING.

Folks, I have been saying this to my friends for the last two decades: get ready for a purge once the libtards gain complete control of this country. I think it 99% likely to happen in our lifetimes, and about 70% likely within the next ten to fifteen years.

Be prepared

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40]Dramatic Look - YouTube[/ame]

I would be extremely suspect if a liberal or liberals invited me anywhere. Plus, i always carry and liberals are panty-wearing pussies.

243.png

When I first read about this play a couple of years ago, I wondered how long it would be before someone came up with a thread about the "evils that lie within the hearts and minds of liberals".

I didn't see the play but read the reviews which weren't particularly good. The play is about extremism and it could have been written with a liberal being eaten by 5 conservatives attempting to make the same points and probably with the same poor reviews. Then we would have a thread about the "evils that lie within the hearts and minds of conservatives".

Last edited:

??????

It is also a PLAY being performed in theater.

You know, writers often do that thing, you know, where they adapt a play to a movie format and vice-versa.

That does not disprove it was ever in the former format, or not adapted to another format later.

So what the hell is your point?

That this movie came out about 20 years ago, and you are just getting upset about it now?

Seriously?

Guy, sounds like you are scraping the bottom of your outrage barrel.

Conservatives playing the victim again

That's why this is a war. Right now a fairly cold war. There are only sporadic skirmishes. It can't stay that way forever.
Well since the Right has all guns and Left has all the smarts, the Left doesn't have chance.

Forum List

Back