Celebrities as Super Heroes or Super Villains

BluePhantom

Educator (of liberals)
Nov 11, 2011
Portland, OR / Salem, OR
So my daughter and I are discussing who in Hollywood would make really good super heroes or super villains. I am very impressed because she is 21 and she thinks Benedict Cumberbatch would make an incredible Martian Manhunter. My amazement is that she even knows who the Martian Manhunter is, but she assures me that her generation loves the Martian Manhunter. She says "he's totally fucking huge, Dad". It seems she is not alone as I found this work up of Cumberbath as the Martian Manhunter. I have to say....it works.

cumberbatch-manhunter.jpg

Personally, I envisioned him as The Riddler. Observe.

images
images

Now I am throwing this in because whoever this is nailed it. This is the best Elastigirl that can be imagined. :lol:

elastigirl__cosplay-750x500.jpg

So now we are arguing about Harley Quinn. We don't like the clean Harley Quinn's like this:

jkD6qPW.jpg

Although...that's a pretty damned good Harley Quinn. We have decided she should be a street rat with girlishness about her, but one of those girls you don't want to even think about touching but also....you know...you kind of want to fuck her. She should have smeared make-up that was put on the day before, torn up fishnets...really rough but also somewhat cutsie.

What do you think? Who in Hollywood would make a great superhero or supervillain?

So my daughter and I are discussing who in Hollywood would make really good super heroes or super villains. I am very impressed because she is 21 and she thinks Benedict Cumberbatch would make an incredible Martian Manhunter. My amazement is that she even knows who the Martian Manhunter is, but she assures me that her generation loves the Martian Manhunter. She says "he's totally fucking huge, Dad". It seems she is not alone as I found this work up of Cumberbath as the Martian Manhunter. I have to say....it works.

cumberbatch-manhunter.jpg

Personally, I envisioned him as The Riddler. Observe.

images
images

Now I am throwing this in because whoever this is nailed it. This is the best Elastigirl that can be imagined. :lol:

elastigirl__cosplay-750x500.jpg

So now we are arguing about Harley Quinn. We don't like the clean Harley Quinn's like this:

jkD6qPW.jpg

Although...that's a pretty damned good Harley Quinn. We have decided she should be a street rat with girlishness about her, but one of those girls you don't want to even think about touching but also....you know...you kind of want to fuck her. She should have smeared make-up that was put on the day before, torn up fishnets...really rough but also somewhat cutsie.

What do you think? Who in Hollywood would make a great superhero or supervillain?
Like this?

harley-quinn-cosplay-2.jpg

Like this?

harley-quinn-cosplay-2.jpg

Ok my daughter is taking over to respond herself. She is very picky about her Harley's. :lol:

Aubri writes: From the waist down my dad and I think that is a perfect Harley Quinn. Idon't like the shirt though. She should be wearing a bustier that is just as messed up as the stockings...and the make-up.just a bit more smeared.

I'm not sure yet how I feel about the new Suicide Squad Harley Quinn

harley-quinn.png

Well the suicide squad trailer was the thing that sparked the discussion. Aubri was terribly upset about Harley because she is her favorite character. She was not pleased with what she saw
Same. I don't know about the Joker either. Or for that matter any of the other characters.

harley-quinn.png

Well the suicide squad trailer was the thing that sparked the discussion. Aubri was terribly upset about Harley because she is her favorite character. She was not pleased with what she saw
Same. I don't know about the Joker either. Or for that matter any of the other characters.

Well after Heath Ledger's Joker...how do you follow that? I remember being appalled that he was cast in that role and guess what...he nailed it so true to the original way the Joker was written in the early comics that I am not sure anyone can follow that. So I have to give Jared Leto and the producers a bit of a pass because...what are they going to do? They can't rip off Ledger...they are just going to have to reinvent the portrayal.

Wouldn't it have been incredible though to see Ledger reprise the Joker for Suicide Squad?

Will Smith as Deadshot....I have to see more before i give an opinion. I like Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang though. It's about time Captain Boomberag was shown with an edge. The Flash's Rogues were such candy asses. It's nice to see them portrayed as real threats to society at large.

harley-quinn.png

Well after Heath Ledger's Joker...how do you follow that? I remember being appalled that he was cast in that role and guess what...he nailed it so true to the original way the Joker was written in the early comics that I am not sure anyone can follow that. So I have to give Jared Leto and the producers a bit of a pass because...what are they going to do? They can't rip off Ledger...they are just going to have to reinvent the portrayal.

Wouldn't it have been incredible though to see Ledger reprise the Joker for Suicide Squad?

Will Smith as Deadshot....I have to see more before i give an opinion. I like Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang though. It's about time someone portrayed Captain Boomberag with an edge.
It's a damned shame we didn't get to see Ledger as the Joker again. But then again, I suppose we were lucky to see it in the first place. Truly masterful. IMO maybe the greatest portrayal of a comic book character ever.

As for Will Smith, I hope he portrays Deadshot and not Will Smith if you catch my drift. I saw a whole lot of typical Will Smith in that trailer.

I need to watch again to check out Captain Boomerang. I've been a Marvel guy since I was a kid. I don't know too much about her.

harley-quinn.png

Will Smith as Deadshot....I have to see more before i give an opinion. I like Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang though. It's about time someone portrayed Captain Boomberag with an edge.
It's a damned shame we didn't get to see Ledger as the Joker again. But then again, I suppose we were lucky to see it in the first place. Truly masterful. IMO maybe the greatest portrayal of a comic book character ever.

As for Will Smith, I hope he portrays Deadshot and not Will Smith if you catch my drift. I saw a whole lot of typical Will Smith in that trailer.

I need to watch again to check out Captain Boomerang. I've been a Marvel guy since I was a kid. I don't know too much about her.
will smith aint no action hero in my opinion....

harley-quinn.png

will smith aint no action hero in my opinion....
That motherfucker needs to check himself and beg his way back into Independence Day 2.

harley-quinn.png

I agree. I remember watching Nicholson's Joker and thinking "it's the best Joker so far but it's still the campy Joker." The Joker was a fucking homicidal maniac. He didn't giggle all the time and all that stuff. The guy was a cold blooded psychopath and Ledger gave us that. Yeah there was some humor, but the Joker would have never known he was being funny...the humor would have been totally lost on the Joker. Ledger got it on the nose.

I know what you mean about Deadshot...I agree. Great character and I hope Smith plays him true to his origins.

As for Marvel...I love Marvel. I think when you are a kid you love DC because it's who you want to be. When you grow up you fgravitate toward marvel because it's who we actually turned out to be. DC characters are perfect...Marvel characters are a fucking mess.

But you know....getting back to Captain Boomerang...the problem is that when Flash was really popular it was time in society when things had to be kinder and gentler. There are all these great characters...Captain Boomerang, Rainbow Raider, Heat Wave, Captain Cold, Weather Wizard, etc....in the right time they had the potential to be every bit as brutal as Joker, Bane, etc. But they had to be written far more docile. I love seeing these guys start to be shown as harder and edgier. The Flash TV show has done a decent job of that but I think they could go further. They are great characters that have just never fulfilled their potential as being brutal

Just a follow up....there was a story line in the Flash comics in the early 2000s where the Rogues had teamed up and just went cold blooded. Before they were mostly harmless thieves and suddenly they were killing everyone in sight The story line had a lot to do with Flash's surprise and inability to deal with it because they had taken things to a far new level.

Of course it reflects the times. In the 70s and 80s that kind of stuff wouldn't fly. By the 2000s a villain who just robbed banks was no big deal. So obviously they started writing them as harsher. I prefer to see them as harsher...it makes them more of a serious threat to society and those characters have the capacity to do that

Will Smith played a role as a super hero in the movie Hancock. It was pretty silly though. :D I like Will Smith a lot though. I usually enjoy his movies.
i just dont see the guy as an action hero....but thats just me....hey i thought Sam Kinison was funny.....

Forum List

Back