Censorship in Virginia school district

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
County school system BANS classic American novels after parent complains of racism

Pathetic. All because some parents can't deal with WORDS and wan to raise ignorant children. Guess what cupcake you can't hide your kids forever. I don't even try to hide mine. We hit shit head on and go through it. Not raising snowflakes who will need a safe space when someone with dissenting views comes to speak at their college or high school etc.

I agree with you on this as our kids should be reading the classics and understand that some words aren't acceptable. We're teaching them to be weak and to not consider exactly why they should be against such words in the first place by shielding them.

County school system BANS classic American novels after parent complains of racism

Pathetic. All because some parents can't deal with WORDS and wan to raise ignorant children. Guess what cupcake you can't hide your kids forever. I don't even try to hide mine. We hit shit head on and go through it. Not raising snowflakes who will need a safe space when someone with dissenting views comes to speak at their college or high school etc.
These two novels, along with others over the years, have been banned on and off in many school districts.....http://www.ala.org/bbooks/frequentlychallengedbooks/classics/reasons

People need to read the classics of the 18th and 19th century with the history of the time frame to fully understand what the republican party wants to do to America.

Forum List

Back