Centurion/Medusa: Denver Museum

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a contract-intrigue vignette symbolic/reflective of our modern world focus on negotiation intelligence (e.g., Security Council, European Union, etc.), and it references the Denver Broncos and the iconic Ancient World vanity-symbolic 'deathstroke engagement' between Perseus and Medusa.

This vignette was inspired by Anne of the Thousand Days.

Cheers,

centurion16.jpg

====

Jericha looked at her boyfriend Rio who seemed to be deeply brooding about something, so she asked him what troubled him. Rio explained he was thinking about the ancient fable of the great centurion Perseus who tackled the nefarious hypnotic snake-woman Medusa to use her poisonous-gaze to turn a giant monster into stone (just with her decapitated head). Rio told Jericha that the fable reminded him of something integral and troubling about the nature of obsession and trust. Since Jericha was preparing for her big rock concert with her band the Holograms in Amsterdam, for a North Korea and South Korea nuclear peace-treaty sponsored by U.S. President Trump, Rio was thinking a lot about the quality of modern age customs and contract etiquette (e.g., World Bank, Security Council, Amnesty International, etc.).

centurion17.jpg

"The great centurion Perseus, son of a god, was charged with the mission of retrieving the nasty head of the hypnotic snake-woman Medusa. Medusa could turn men into stone with her poisonous gaze, and Perseus knew he'd have to use a reflection-trick using his shiny shield to guard his eyes while luring Medusa towards him so he could decapitate her with his bold sword. Perseus would then use the decapitated head to turn a giant beast into stone, simply by turning the glowing eyes of Medusa's head towards the head of the beast. Perseus was therefore very conscious of the importance of tricking and defeating the iconic warrior-siren woman Medusa. Medusa was indescribably beautiful but her head had hairlocks and mane comprised entirely of snakes."

centurion11.jpg

MEDUSA: You carry that shield of yours with great gusto, Perseus.
PERSEUS: I hear you're a great archer, Medusa.
MEDUSA: I keep my own...
PERSEUS: Well, I'm here to collect your head...for a magic-trick.
MEDUSA: Aha, you seek to use my glowing eyes to turn something into stone!
PERSEUS: Precisely.
MEDUSA: Well, I'm not quick to simply hand over my head to you.
PERSEUS: That's why I have to use this shiny shield to distract you.
MEDUSA: Oh, by shining the light to create a reflection-trick, eh?
PERSEUS: How can you resist?
MEDUSA: I suppose I can't, but didn't you want to ask me something?
PERSEUS: Yes! I want to know why you have that giant vanity-mirror.
MEDUSA: Oh, my vanity-mirror! Well, I like thinking about the 'fantasy' of beauty.
PERSEUS: So you consider yourself an 'angel' of beauty then...
MEDUSA: My vanity-mirror is no more 'childish' than your shiny silver shield!

centurion15.jpg

After Rio relayed this 'historical engagement' between Perseus and Rio to his girlfriend Jericha, it dawned on Jericha that what was really bothering Rio was that Perseus and Medusa typified the philosophical 'qualities' of trust and bonds, and Rio was brooding about such matters, since he was naturally worried about Jericha's involvement in the upcoming monumental politically-symbolic Amsterdam rock-concert for Korea nuclear-treaties. Jericha and Rio were huge Denver Broncos (NFL) fans, so Jericha decided to take Rio to the newly-built Broncos NFL History museum, since the two were living in Denver at the time. Jericha wanted Rio to get his mind off the 'eeriness' of the vanity-ominous Perseus-Medusa engagement tale and think more optimistically instead about the Broncos, especially since the team had just won the Super Bowl with valiant QB Peyton Manning.

centurion18.jpg

As Jericha held Rio's hand and walked down the halls of the Broncos Museum in Denver, Rio started thinking more clearly and optimistically about the nature/quality of engagements and intrigue and how Peyton Manning's Broncos team managed to overcome the potent Cam Newton led Carolina Panthers in the Super Bowl. Rio thought more about the action of this NFL championship game and less about the engagement-haunting of the Perseus-Medusa engagement in the Ancient World. Rio concluded that Jericha would do just fine in her Amsterdam peace-rock concert with the Holograms and continued to enjoy the Broncos Museum exhibits with his beautiful girlfriend. Rio still wondered, however, how the iconic Perseus-Medusa engagement captured all the 'vanity intrigue' associated with demonstrative negotiations (e.g., League of Nations, United Nations, European Union, etc.).

THE END

===

:2cents:

centurion12.jpg

Forum List

Back