CEO Compensation Increased 940% Between 1978 and 2018, Workers’ Only by 12%

Jeff Bezos makes $10 billion a year from Amazon and he's worth $151 billion.
Amazon has 575,000 employees worldwide whose average annual salary is $28,000.

Here's the question. Generally speaking, wouldn't it be much better for the economy if
Jeff Bezos made $5 billion a year and his employees average $500,000 ? ( I did the math and that is a conservative estimate)

He would still have over $75 billion .

Here's the question. Generally speaking, wouldn't it be much better for the economy if
Jeff Bezos made $5 billion a year and his employees average $500,000 ?

Jeff Bezos makes $10 billion a year from Amazon

You're lying.

You're lying.
Bezos’ base salary is a modest $81,840, and his total compensation (which includes things like security and benefits) is $1,681,840. But his insane wealth is due to the 16% stake in Amazon he owns, which alone is worth about $125 billion today.

If he offers profit sharing to some extent, that would make a difference, but it's not his fault the system is gamed the way it is to start, and taxpayers subsidize his employees healthcare, same as Walmart and other big corps... ( which is another example of why we need a medicare for all system ).
We did the math to calculate how much money Jeff Bezos makes in a year, month, week, day, hour, minute, and second

Last edited:

You're lying.
Bezos’ base salary is a modest $81,840, and his total compensation (which includes things like security and benefits) is $1,681,840. But his insane wealth is due to the 16% stake in Amazon he owns, which alone is worth about $125 billion today.

If he offers profit sharing to some extent, that would make a difference, but it's not his fault the system is gamed the way it is.
We did the math to calculate how much money Jeff Bezos makes in a year, month, week, day, hour, minute, and second

Bezos’ base salary is a modest $81,840, and his total compensation (which includes things like security and benefits) is $1,681,840.

Yup. And since Amazon pays $0.00 in dividends, your $10 billion claim was a HUGE lie.

That's easy. Divide $1,681,840 by the number of months, weeks, days, hours, minutes or seconds.

You're lying.

If he offers profit sharing to some extent, that would make a difference, but it's not his fault the system is gamed the way it is.

Bezos’ base salary is a modest $81,840, and his total compensation (which includes things like security and benefits) is $1,681,840.

Yup. And since Amazon pays $0.00 in dividends, your $10 billion claim was a HUGE lie.

That's easy. Divide $1,681,840 by the number of months, weeks, days, hours, minutes or seconds.
Wrong. The system is the lie. His capital gains $9 billion income is going to the Cayman Islands and Switzerland while he sets his own salary low to avoid taxes. Now run along and do something constructive - wax your new black Mercedes or something, Huckleberry.

You're lying.

Wrong. The system is the lie. His capital gains $9 billion income is going to the Cayman Islands and Switzerland while he sets his own salary low to avoid taxes. Now run along and do something constructive - wax your new black Mercedes or something, Huckleberry.

His capital gains $9 billion income is going to the Cayman Islands and Switzerland

He didn't sell stock, there is no $9 billion income. Moron.

They stopped rising after we cut the bottom out from unions.

Workers who can’t organize are left on their own. Easy prey to corporate masters
Yes the republicans sent our well paying jobs to china with their war on unions. Now they pretend to want those jobs back.
if repubs did that, why would they have created and succeeded in establishing right to work states? You know, the thingy all you leftists can't stand. the fact is, unions drove jobs out of country with the failed trade deals. Clinton's trade deals.
Yes right to work for less. And wages stagnated....
no union dues, to pay someone else's career off the workers back. yep.. I know, their actual take home pay increased. amazing isn't it? You should really ask someone who works in a union shop as a right to worker. it's amazing how wrong you all always are.
New Study Confirms that Right-To-Work Laws Are Associated with Significantly Lower Wages
did you read it 1560 annually, how much were their dues to the union? BTW, probably pay less taxes as well. See, it's stupidity like this that kept unions going after their needs were no longer needed. too fking funny.

An Economic Policy Institute study shows that the dramatic increase in CEO compensation has a large impact on increasing inequality--worker pay could have doubled without the rise in CEO income.
CEO Compensation Increased 940% Between 1978 and 2018, Workers' Only by 12%

But, greed is good isn't it ?

This is how life works.

You do not get paid more, simply because your neighbor got paid more.

By what logic, do you suggest that you... without doing anything to earn an increase in pay... should get paid more, simply because you are envious of someone else who is paid more?

CEOs get paid more, because they provide more good to society.

Say I run a oil change shop. I hire you to do oil changes. How many people do you help? Assuming roughly 2 customers per hour, that's about 16 people a day that you specifically help.

Now I being CEO, open 20 oil change shops, assuming two working bays, and 7 AM to 7 PM service, that's roughly 200 people a day that have a service they want, because of me.

Which should be paid more?

And see, as I invest more of my money, back into providing more services by opening more stores, my pay will continue to increase.

You, being an employee on the other hand, have invested nothing. You risk losing nothing. The worst that can happen to you is that you lose your job and find another. The worst that can happen to me, is that the business fails, and all the money I invested will be lost forever.

That average fast food franchise owner, has put in an average of one million dollars into their store. This is their own money. Money they could lose entirely if the business fails.

What would you, being an employee lose? Nothing.

The last CEO I worked for, had saved up half a million dollars in cash, and pulled out a mortgage on both his own home, and his father's home, to buy the business. If the business failed, he would not only be out the half million dollars, but potentially lose his home, and his parents home.

Again... what would you, being an employee, lose?

So when you say CEO pay has increased, while employee pay has not increased comparatively.... yes.... good... rightly so.

sounds like he should become a CEO, eh?

Then we could ask him how he'd feel if we took most of his money. characters without thought processes is what they are.

Yes the republicans sent our well paying jobs to china with their war on unions. Now they pretend to want those jobs back.
if repubs did that, why would they have created and succeeded in establishing right to work states? You know, the thingy all you leftists can't stand. the fact is, unions drove jobs out of country with the failed trade deals. Clinton's trade deals.
Yes right to work for less. And wages stagnated....
no union dues, to pay someone else's career off the workers back. yep.. I know, their actual take home pay increased. amazing isn't it? You should really ask someone who works in a union shop as a right to worker. it's amazing how wrong you all always are.
New Study Confirms that Right-To-Work Laws Are Associated with Significantly Lower Wages
did you read it 1560 annually, how much were their dues to the union? BTW, probably pay less taxes as well. See, it's stupidity like this that kept unions going after their needs were no longer needed. too fking funny.
Yes. You seem to have no proof that right to work been good for anything other than lower wages.

An Economic Policy Institute study shows that the dramatic increase in CEO compensation has a large impact on increasing inequality--worker pay could have doubled without the rise in CEO income.

This is how life works.

By what logic, do you suggest that you... without doing anything to earn an increase in pay... should get paid more, simply because you are envious of someone else who is paid more?

Say I run a oil change shop. I hire you to do oil changes. How many people do you help? Assuming roughly 2 customers per hour, that's about 16 people a day that you specifically help.

Now I being CEO, open 20 oil change shops, assuming two working bays, and 7 AM to 7 PM service, that's roughly 200 people a day that have a service they want, because of me.

And see, as I invest more of my money, back into providing more services by opening more stores, my pay will continue to increase.

You, being an employee on the other hand, have invested nothing. You risk losing nothing. The worst that can happen to you is that you lose your job and find another. The worst that can happen to me, is that the business fails, and all the money I invested will be lost forever.

That average fast food franchise owner, has put in an average of one million dollars into their store. This is their own money. Money they could lose entirely if the business fails.

The last CEO I worked for, had saved up half a million dollars in cash, and pulled out a mortgage on both his own home, and his father's home, to buy the business. If the business failed, he would not only be out the half million dollars, but potentially lose his home, and his parents home.

So when you say CEO pay has increased, while employee pay has not increased comparatively.... yes.... good... rightly so.

Quite the fairytale.

Which part is inaccurate to reality?

A ceo did everything they do now in the 70's. CEOs in other countries do the job too. Why is it ours are getting all the big raises now? To claim it's good they are getting grossly overpaid when studies show no link to performance is just funny.

son, we can't help you! trust us though, the adults are getting it done.

This is how life works.

Quite the fairytale.

Which part is inaccurate to reality?

A ceo did everything they do now in the 70's. CEOs in other countries do the job too. Why is it ours are getting all the big raises now? To claim it's good they are getting grossly overpaid when studies show no link to performance is just funny.

son, we can't help you! trust us though, the adults are getting it done.

You just stay in fairytale land.

This is how life works.

sounds like he should become a CEO, eh?

Then we could ask him how he'd feel if we took most of his money. characters without thought processes is what they are.

I am a CEO of me.

Still a big fat lie.

The compensation of CEOs at US corporations has grown by nearly a factor of ten since 1978. This is according to a study recently released by the Economic Policy Institute, which finds that average CEO compensation reached $14 million in 2018.

Average CEO makes no where near $14 million.

You're lying.

His capital gains $9 billion income is going to the Cayman Islands and Switzerland

He is not stupid enough to take $9 billion in income

$9 billion in added wealth is another story

Still a big fat lie.

The compensation of CEOs at US corporations has grown by nearly a factor of ten since 1978. This is according to a study recently released by the Economic Policy Institute, which finds that average CEO compensation reached $14 million in 2018.

Average of major corporations not mom and pop corporations

You're lying.

He is not stupid enough to take $9 billion in income

Don't tell Angelo, he thinks he made that in salary or dividends paid by the second/minute/hour.

Still a big fat lie.

Average of major corporations not mom and pop corporations

Thank you.

Likely 500 of the largest companies in the world, not the nearly 200,000 CEOs in the US.

Forum List

Back