Charlotte Church Shuts Down Trump Inauguration Offer

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
5874d9a61200002d00ad6a94.jpeg

Welsh singer Charlotte Church just became the latest musician to deny Donald Trump an Inauguration Day performance.

Claiming that his team had recently reached out to ask her to sing during the upcoming ceremony on Jan. 20, Church responded with a cheeky announcement over Twitter.

“A simple Internet search would show I think you’re a tyrant,” she wrote, addressing the president-elect.

In a December 2015 tweet, Church called Trump a “Sith death eater” and an “amoeba,” continuing to say, “I really, really detest him.”

Later, on a 2016 episode of British talk show “The Last Leg,” she further emphasized her feelings on the president-elect.

“I don’t hate anybody, but I hate that man,” the singer said.

More: Charlotte Church Shuts Down Trump Inauguration Offer

Thank you, Charlotte. I also hate him.

Claiming that his team had recently reached out to ask her to sing during the upcoming ceremony on Jan. 20,

Yeah right...she begged me to let her perform at my birthday rosie

In a December 2015 tweet, Church called Trump a “Sith death eater” and an “amoeba,” continuing to say, “I really, really detest him.”

Later, on a 2016 episode of British talk show “The Last Leg,” she further emphasized her feelings on the president-elect.

Looks like like she was leading them on rosie...I mean, they must have thought this one was in the bag...good one rosie

Welsh singer Charlotte Church just became the latest musician to deny Donald Trump an Inauguration Day performance.

Claiming that his team had recently reached out to ask her to sing during the upcoming ceremony on Jan. 20, Church responded with a cheeky announcement over Twitter.

“A simple Internet search would show I think you’re a tyrant,” she wrote, addressing the president-elect.

a “Sith death eater” and an “amoeba,” continuing to say, “I really, really detest him.”
:beer:

Who the fuck is she? Also she is Welsh. Invite an American singer like hank Willaims Jr.

OK, I guess that puts an end to the "tolorence" charade...the liberal dominoes are falling...what's next a "hate-in"?...or a "peace-love-hate" rally?

Who the fuck is she? Also she is Welsh. Invite an American singer like hank Willaims Jr.
no one knows who she is, this is now her most famous moment. doubt she was really invited, its a tokyo rose thing

Why Even Trump-Friendly Artists Won't Perform at His Inauguration

It's quite surprising that a man as "over the top" as Trump has but three official inaugural balls scheduled.

And who is Jackie Evancho? If I were 16, I'd perform too. It's a big deal for a performer at that point in their career, just as it is just for a 16 year-old to be a part of a presidential inauguration. I hope her performance goes off without a hitch.

Latest social info: Some observations
  • Evancho is the only confirmed performer.
    • ????? Really? It's January 11th....Maybe Trump's people are deliberately foreshadowing their military strategy and it's all meant to be a surprise. Here's a list (no pun) of the biggest music acts of 2015.
      1. Adele (UK)
      2. Ed Sheeran (UK)
      3. Taylor Swift (USA)
      4. Justin Bieber (Canada)
      5. One Direction (UK)
      6. Coldplay (UK)
      7. Maroon 5 (USA)
      8. Sam Smith (UK)
      9. Drake (Canada)
      10. The Weeknd (Canada)

Here's someone's list for 2016. And here is Billboard's top 100 artists list.

Maybe several of them will perform?? George Michael is #20, but we know he's not going to appear.

I hope Trump signs acts that are really good at winging it because there won't be much time to practice and do staging, to say nothing of hotel accommodations. Oh, the Old Post Office should have rooms available, right? Or at least one hopes Ivanka will have set some aside. Can Trump even put people up in his hotel once he takes his oath of office?
  • Indiana’s [ball], on Jan. 19 at the Grand Hyatt, is sold out, but several other states’ still have tickets available.
    • ROTFL "...Still have tickets available!" Really? It's January 11th and the inauguration is less than 10 days away and they're not sold out? I've seen sweet sixteen parties and bar mitzvahs do better.

Trump must be recalling the one hit wonder of the mid 1960s - he likely remembers them - when he says, "I want the PEOPLE!" I hope the PEOPLE can still perform. I am sure he can book them for a great price. I just hope Trump is one term wonder who doesn't cost the American people too much.

People_ILOVEYOU_1968.jpg

It's quite surprising that a man as "over the top" as Trump has but three official inaugural balls scheduled.

And who is Jackie Evancho? If I were 16, I'd perform too. It's a big deal for a performer at that point in their career, just as it is just for a 16 year-old to be a part of a presidential inauguration. I hope her performance goes off without a hitch.

• ????? Really? It's January 11th....Maybe Trump's people are deliberately foreshadowing their military strategy and it's all meant to be a surprise. Here's a list (no pun) of the biggest music acts of 2015.
      1. Adele (UK)
      2. Ed Sheeran (UK)
      3. Taylor Swift (USA)
      5. One Direction (UK)
      6. Coldplay (UK)
      7. Maroon 5 (USA)
      8. Sam Smith (UK)
      9. Drake (Canada)
      10. The Weeknd (Canada)

Maybe several of them will perform?? George Michael is #20, but we know he's not going to appear.

I hope Trump signs acts that are really good at winging it because there won't be much time to practice and do staging, to say nothing of hotel accommodations. Oh, the Old Post Office should have rooms available, right? Or at least one hopes Ivanka will have set some aside. Can Trump even put people up in his hotel once he takes his oath of office?
  • Indiana’s [ball], on Jan. 19 at the Grand Hyatt, is sold out, but several other states’ still have tickets available.
    • ROTFL "...Still have tickets available!" Really? It's January 11th and the inauguration is less than 10 days away and they're not sold out? I've seen sweet sixteen parties and bar mitzvahs do better.

Trump must be recalling the one hit wonder of the mid 1960s - he likely remembers them - when he says, "I want the PEOPLE!" I hope the PEOPLE can still perform. I am sure he can book them for a great price. I just hope Trump is one term wonder who doesn't cost the American people too much.

People_ILOVEYOU_1968.jpg

Why does it matter how many inaugural balls he has or who performed? He is ready to get down to the hard work of undoing all the wrongs Obama did.

1. Adele (UK)
      2. Ed Sheeran (UK)
      3. Taylor Swift (USA)
      5. One Direction (UK)
      6. Coldplay (UK)
      7. Maroon 5 (USA)
      8. Sam Smith (UK)
      9. Drake (Canada)
      10. The Weeknd (Canada)

People_ILOVEYOU_1968.jpg

Why does it matter how many inaugural balls he has or who performed? He is ready to get down to the hard work of undoing all the wrongs Obama did.

I think your taking the Piss.... Sorry Russian Hooker Joke...

Big and Rich are going to play.

Big and Rich are going to play.
What about Lynard Skynard? Think they would play.

1. Adele (UK)
      2. Ed Sheeran (UK)
      3. Taylor Swift (USA)
      5. One Direction (UK)
      6. Coldplay (UK)
      7. Maroon 5 (USA)
      8. Sam Smith (UK)
      9. Drake (Canada)
      10. The Weeknd (Canada)

People_ILOVEYOU_1968.jpg

Why does it matter how many inaugural balls he has or who performed?

I tried to keep it light, but, okay, you asked so let me break it down for you.
  • Leader of the Free World has difficulty finding top entertainment acts who will perform for fee at the events celebrating his ascendancy. Do you see the oddity there? Leader of the Free World --- Entertainers.
  • Do you think the Queen of England had trouble finding acts for her Diamond Jubilee? Look at the names of people who performed. They ran the gamut of music eras and tastes, big names, niche names, classics, new artists, etc. Now look at the names of acts that have declined to perform for Trump.

For God's sake...Trump can't even get a Washington, D.C. area high school marching band to show up. Why? Because none applied. (Mark, it's not an active/deliberate boycott. It's just that none of them are willing to do it.) High schools and college marching bands turning down the opportunity to be part of an event that lets them march down Pennsylvania Ave. The inauguration is the one event that would put the world's eyes on their band. C'mon. They live for that sort of thing...

121316+inaugural+parade+2009.jpg

636186982483418174-0129-KCFE-band5.JPG

bandfoto.jpg

I will say that while I understand why the schools aren't participating, I think the real shame is that Trump has been so polarizing that it's come to kids - high school or college - missing out on the opportunity. I say that because Trump was already a celebrity and reasonably well liked, and he didn't have to be such a nasty and duplicitously intransigent person.

Guess dey figgered...

... he's about as lame as...

... a lame duck Prez'dent can be...

... so he's not much use to `em now.

If you guys keep this up, I'm going to feel sorry for ol' Trump. Now, we wouldn't want that, would we?
But this thing about no one wanting to come to his party is SOOOOO mean.

Here we go, yet another 'I hate Donald Trump' thread-starter post from this OP. Come on USMB. Gotta put some limits on this stuff. The flooding is out of control.

Forum List

Back