Charlotte cop trial: Mistrial; Jury 8-4 in favor of NOT GUILTY verdict.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Jury deadlocks 8-4 in favor of acquittal; mistrial declared in Kerrick police shooting case

Charlotte cop charged with shooting attacker. Jury is hung. Mistrial. 8-4 in favor of aquittal.

Folks....many people look at police shootings through the scope of "If I did that I'd be charged with murder ". Yes. If two random people got into a scuffle...and one shot the other...He'd likely be charged. But random Joe's aren't empowered or tasked with confronting and detaining criminals or those suspected of a crime. And the ones who are....law enforcement...get a lot of benefit of the doubt to protect themselves.

New jersey cop and Charlotte cop both stood trial this week. Both were not convicted. And 1,000,000 other cops saw this....saw the ruined careers....and are saying fuck it.

Do you actually READ the articles you post... Here's an interesting tidbit.

Chestnut said the jury should have been shown a video of Kerrick re-enacting the confrontation during an investigation into the shooting. His actions in that demonstration contradicted other statements he’d made, Chestnut said, saying that would give jurors more insight into Kerrick’s character.

Do you actually READ the articles you post... Here's an interesting tidbit.

Chestnut said the jury should have been shown a video of Kerrick re-enacting the confrontation during an investigation into the shooting. His actions in that demonstration contradicted other statements he’d made, Chestnut said, saying that would give jurors more insight into Kerrick’s character.

Then be mad at the prosecutor.

You cop haters got what you wanted. Cops charged.

Now they REMAIN innocent. Jury of peers.

Get over it.

Well...."justice" is ONLY A guilty verdict. They don't believe in a fair trial or anything. ONLY a dead or jailed cop is acceptable.

Why would someone think they could charge at a police officer without getting shot? Was the guy drunk, insane, suicidal? People get shot for all kinds of reasons. Charging a cop is one of them. If you don't want to get shot, don't be charging at cops who are pointing guns at you.

Why would someone think they could charge at a police officer without getting shot? Was the guy drunk, insane, suicidal? People get shot for all kinds of reasons. Charging a cop is one of them. If you don't want to get shot, don't be charging at cops who are pointing guns at you.

Liberals think that as long as you begin the fight "unarmed"...that you have a civil right to charge the cop, attack him, pull his gun away from him....whatever.....and not be shot.

Jury deadlocks 8-4 in favor of acquittal; mistrial declared in Kerrick police shooting case

Charlotte cop charged with shooting attacker. Jury is hung. Mistrial. 8-4 in favor of aquittal.

Folks....many people look at police shootings through the scope of "If I did that I'd be charged with murder ". Yes. If two random people got into a scuffle...and one shot the other...He'd likely be charged. But random Joe's aren't empowered or tasked with confronting and detaining criminals or those suspected of a crime. And the ones who are....law enforcement...get a lot of benefit of the doubt to protect themselves.

New jersey cop and Charlotte cop both stood trial this week. Both were not convicted. And 1,000,000 other cops saw this....saw the ruined careers....and are saying fuck it.

the problem is that cops know they can get away with it with the "I thought he was reaching for a weapon"..or "I feared for my life"...and they use those excuses all the time...
they all have power/control issues and they get to inflict them on any citizen they want with impunity usually...and who investigates police misconduct?..LMAO..police..

This satirical/amusing article from The Onion illustrates most cops personalities perfectly...

Insecure, Frustrated Bully With Something To Prove Considering Career In Law Enforcement

Insecure, Frustrated Bully With Something To Prove Considering Career In Law Enforcement

the problem is that cops know they can get away with it with the "I thought he was reaching for a weapon"..or "I feared for my life"...and they use those excuses all the time...
they all have power/control issues and they get to inflict them on any citizen they want with impunity usually...and who investigates police misconduct?..LMAO..police..

This satirical/amusing article from The Onion illustrates most cops personalities perfectly...

Did you ever consider maybe the criminal WAS trying to take the gun and that the officer DID fear for his life?

And....you do realize that to arrest a cop....the investigator must have LAW ENFORCEMENT authority right? So...whoever investigates it...must be LE or no bad cop can ever be charged.

Did you ever consider maybe the criminal WAS trying to take the gun and that the officer DID fear for his life?

And....you do realize that to arrest a cop....the investigator must have LAW ENFORCEMENT authority right? So...whoever investigates it...must be LE or no bad cop can ever be charged.

Of course not every cop who shoots someone is wrong..Is there no middle ground with you?
Everything I said, is true and accurate, however.
As far as le "invstigating" other le...sometimes it works...some times it doesn't..the thin blue line and all....you guys with your attitude that EVERYONE is a criminal and citizens must be "controlled" and put in "compliance"..

We've been over this before..you won't budge..cops are "special" to you and deserve "special" treatment. those of us in the great unwashed, ignorant masses just aren't capable of understanding..etc...etc...

That's the problem of letting police investigate themselves, guy.

That's the problem of letting police investigate themselves, guy.

Then who should do it? Because without law enforcement powers...you can't arrest a criminal cop.

How bout a panel of rappers and rednecks investigate it. Then....if they feel the cop should be arrested...the state police arrest them....no questions asked...and at trial the evidence is "because they said so".

no middle ground with you... all cops are good and the citizens are too stupid to "understand".

There should be an expiration date or a "term limit" on cops...once they get entrenched, corruption and abuse is too hard to contain...like I said..power/control issues.

no middle ground with you... all cops are good and the citizens are too stupid to "understand".

There should be an expiration date or a "term limit" on cops...once they get entrenched, corruption and abuse is too hard to contain...like I said..power/control issues.

All you ask is cops be charged and have their day in court. They had it. They're innocent.

All you ask is cops be charged and have their day in court. They had it. They're innocent.

agreed...that doesn't absolve all cops everywhere...you just can NOT admit that there are bad cops and OTHER cops who may not be "bad" but they enable the bad ones by standing aside and not interfering. They will do whatever they're told...like attack dogs...to keep their "privileged" position in society...you keep trying to change the subject when that comes up.

You guys would arrest your own mother if the lieutenant said she was a "criminal" and had to be "subdued"...might even taze her too if she didn't move fast enough...

Then who should do it? Because without law enforcement powers...you can't arrest a criminal cop.

How bout a panel of rappers and rednecks investigate it. Then....if they feel the cop should be arrested...the state police arrest them....no questions asked...and at trial the evidence is "because they said so".

Wow, man, I am starting to get an image of you as a guy who got fired because of too many civilian complaints...

agreed...that doesn't absolve all cops everywhere...you just can NOT admit that there are bad cops and OTHER cops who may not be "bad" but they enable the bad ones by standing aside and not interfering. They will do whatever they're told...like attack dogs...to keep their "privileged" position in society...you keep trying to change the subject when that comes up.

You guys would arrest your own mother if the lieutenant said she was a "criminal" and had to be "subdued"...might even taze her too if she didn't move fast enough...

Of course i can. Cops are human. There's 1,000,000 of them. Any group of that many humans has bad ones. I just believe in a fair trial...if a trial at all. Self defense does NOT warrant an arrest.

And no...your analogy about a mother is ridiculous. You obviously have never been a cop. It's not the military. You can disobey an order...no court martial. You just get suspended. After a few...fired. But 99% of orders are legit...so they follow them.

Wow, man, I am starting to get an image of you as a guy who got fired because of too many civilian complaints...

Nice redirect.

Who should investigate criminal cops if NOT the people with the power to charge them?

Forum List

Back