Charlotte cop trial: Mistrial; Jury 8-4 in favor of NOT GUILTY verdict.

no middle ground with you... all cops are good and the citizens are too stupid to "understand".

There should be an expiration date or a "term limit" on cops...once they get entrenched, corruption and abuse is too hard to contain...like I said..power/control issues.

All you ask is cops be charged and have their day in court. They had it. They're innocent.

agreed...that doesn't absolve all cops everywhere...you just can NOT admit that there are bad cops and OTHER cops who may not be "bad" but they enable the bad ones by standing aside and not interfering. They will do whatever they're told...like attack dogs...to keep their "privileged" position in society...you keep trying to change the subject when that comes up.

You guys would arrest your own mother if the lieutenant said she was a "criminal" and had to be "subdued"...might even taze her too if she didn't move fast enough...

Of course i can. Cops are human. There's 1,000,000 of them. Any group of that many humans has bad ones. I just believe in a fair trial...if a trial at all. Self defense does NOT warrant an arrest.

And no...your analogy about a mother is ridiculous. You obviously have never been a cop. It's not the military. You can disobey an order...no court martial. You just get suspended. After a few...fired. But 99% of orders are legit...so they follow them.

see, but bad cops can do HORRIFIC damage and take or ruin people lives..they need to be held to a much higher standard.

you skew the numbers on purpose (with nothing to back it up).
99% of all cops orders are legitimate? I doubt it very seriously.

Nice redirect.

Who should investigate criminal cops if NOT the people with the power to charge them?

What, are you stupid? I mean, maybe it's your AVI who kind of looks like a retarded slack-jaw sherif, but man, you say stupid things.

Get back to me when you aren't being stupid.

Nice redirect.

Who should investigate criminal cops if NOT the people with the power to charge them?

What, are you stupid? I mean, maybe it's your AVI who kind of looks like a retarded slack-jaw sherif, but man, you say stupid things.

Get back to me when you aren't being stupid.

So....you can't answer a simple question? You don't want law enforcement (those who can charge criminals) to investigate a possible crime committed by a cop.

Ok. Then who should investigate it? King Dingaling?

**BTW my avatar is Captain Harris from the movie Police Academy.

Why would someone think they could charge at a police officer without getting shot? Was the guy drunk, insane, suicidal? People get shot for all kinds of reasons. Charging a cop is one of them. If you don't want to get shot, don't be charging at cops who are pointing guns at you.
Even better, don't give the cops a reason to get their guns out in the first place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. That right there is what people do not seem to get. It is up to themselves how extreme their situation becomes.

Last edited:
no middle ground with you... all cops are good and the citizens are too stupid to "understand".

There should be an expiration date or a "term limit" on cops...once they get entrenched, corruption and abuse is too hard to contain...like I said..power/control issues.

All you ask is cops be charged and have their day in court. They had it. They're innocent.

agreed...that doesn't absolve all cops everywhere...you just can NOT admit that there are bad cops and OTHER cops who may not be "bad" but they enable the bad ones by standing aside and not interfering. They will do whatever they're told...like attack dogs...to keep their "privileged" position in society...you keep trying to change the subject when that comes up.

You guys would arrest your own mother if the lieutenant said she was a "criminal" and had to be "subdued"...might even taze her too if she didn't move fast enough...

Of course i can. Cops are human. There's 1,000,000 of them. Any group of that many humans has bad ones. I just believe in a fair trial...if a trial at all. Self defense does NOT warrant an arrest.

And no...your analogy about a mother is ridiculous. You obviously have never been a cop. It's not the military. You can disobey an order...no court martial. You just get suspended. After a few...fired. But 99% of orders are legit...so they follow them.

see, but bad cops can do HORRIFIC damage and take or ruin people lives..they need to be held to a much higher standard.

So you don't want the Constitution and laws to apply to cops? Thats the standard they're held to when accused of a crime.

What "higher standard"?? You mean like..."oh....this cop was found not guilty by a jury....but dammit....we reeeeeally wanted him jailed...so he just has to do 5 years....just cuz."

So you don't want the Constitution and laws to apply to cops? Thats the standard they're held to when accused of a crime.

What "higher standard"?? You mean like..."oh....this cop was found not guilty by a jury....but dammit....we reeeeeally wanted him jailed...so he just has to do 5 years....just cuz."

say what?

Here's my thoughts on that;
Let me start with elected officials and political appointees;
If they are convicted of corruption it should be mandatory that the sentence is doubled versus the sentence of a citizen. THAT would chill a bunch of them out...
same for cops..convicted of corruption or abuse on duty?..double the sentence

say what?

If they are convicted of corruption it should be mandatory that the sentence is doubled versus the sentence of a citizen. THAT would chill a bunch of them out...

Hmmmm. So a cops sentence for misconduct in office should be double that of a private citizen....although by statute...a private citizen isn't in any office...so why would a standard sentence exist for them?

Second...for standard charges like...say...theft or assault...everyone gets a sentence...but officers and government workers get double punishment?

What happened to the lefts beloved "equal protection under the law"???

Cops are US citizens. They get rights too.

If you just want harsher sentences for the crime of "misconduct in office " then sure...I'd be ok with that.

say what?

Hmmmm. So a cops sentence for misconduct in office should be double that of a private citizen....although by statute...a private citizen isn't in any office...so why would a standard sentence exist for them?

Second...for standard charges like...say...theft or assault...everyone gets a sentence...but officers and government workers get double punishment?

If you just want harsher sentences for the crime of "misconduct in office " then sure...I'd be ok with that.

Yeah, thats what I said...a cops sentence for criminal misconduct on duty should be double what a citizen would receive. Why not, officer? You guys are all so upright and honest...what's the problem?

Who gives a flip about the lefts' whining? Is that some kind of half assed attempt to insult me or imply that I'm aligned with the "left"?

say what?

Yeah, thats what I said...a cops sentence for criminal misconduct on duty should be double what a citizen would receive. Why not, officer? You guys are all so upright and honest...what's the problem?

Who gives a flip about the lefts' whining? Is that some kind of half assed attempt to insult me or imply that I'm aligned with the "left"?

Haha. A private citizen can't be charged with "criminal conduct while on duty" since...they're never on duty.

You want...for example....sentencing for say shoplifting to double for a cop who does it on duty. But under the 14th equal protection amendment....that's not lawful. Because you're giving a harsher sentence based only on a person's job.

THAT IS why laws like "Misconduct in Office" exist. Specifically for an ADDITIONAL charge cops can face on top of it. Baltimore is the latest to use it.

So....if a cop and a citizen shoplift....the cop can face 2 charges.

So see....they are ALREADY held to a higher standard.

And I'm all for it. Hell....triple the sentence for "Misconduct in Office". It will only affect the criminals haha.

I could be wrong but maybe what certain people here are trying to say is that cops trying to protect themselves when they have to should not be labeled misconduct. They get paid to protect others and themselves too when they have to. They do not get paid to die or to let a rat be on the loose.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

say what?

Haha. A private citizen can't be charged with "criminal conduct while on duty" since...they're never on duty.

I know that....you're quite disingenuous... almost to the point of dishonest......I inserted the bold to distinguish it was for cops....the rest of your excuse making and rationalizing is completely irrelevant.

I could be wrong but maybe what certain people here are trying to say is that cops trying to protect themselves when they have to should not be labeled misconduct. They get paid to protect others and themselves too when they have to. They do not get paid to die.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

That may be, Ms Holly...but I'm specifically talking about police MISCONDUCT.

^^^ I agree. Those who do cross the line should never get away with it. What is over the line though sadly is what no one can agree on.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

[Q

Then be mad at the prosecutor.

You cop haters got what you wanted. Cops charged.

Now they REMAIN innocent. Jury of peers.

Get over it.

Somehow, I don't picture you saying that when OJ was acquitted.

I didnt give a fuck if OJ was aquitted or not.
Riiiight.

Why would i? Unlike you libs...I dont make myself try to care about every little issue. OJ? I didn't care. Didn't care about the Orlando chick whose baby was dead. I don't care about the blade runner trial.

7 billion people in the world. I can only give a fuck about a certain number of issues.

So....you can't answer a simple question? You don't want law enforcement (those who can charge criminals) to investigate a possible crime committed by a cop.

Yeah, you probably thought those were good mobies...

you set up a special division of the DA's office to investigate police misconduct. Easy-peasy.

Yeah, you probably thought those were good mobies...

you set up a special division of the DA's office to investigate police misconduct. Easy-peasy.

Um...I thought you all didn't like DAs investigating cops...since they work together. Plus...attorneys aren't law enforcement. They'd still need law enforcement to make an arrest.

Next idea?

Um...I thought you all didn't like DAs investigating cops...since they work together. Plus...attorneys aren't law enforcement. They'd still need law enforcement to make an arrest.

Next idea?

Again, are you some kind of fucking retard? Did you eat paint chips as a child?

Next idea?

Again, are you some kind of fucking retard? Did you eat paint chips as a child?

Um....no. I just read liberal posts. And then the hypocrisy that follows. You all don't want DAs prosecuting cops. But then ask for a special DA group....to investigate cops. Which is it?

Forum List

Back