Charlotte cop trial: Mistrial; Jury 8-4 in favor of NOT GUILTY verdict.

Do you actually READ the articles you post... Here's an interesting tidbit.

Chestnut said the jury should have been shown a video of Kerrick re-enacting the confrontation during an investigation into the shooting. His actions in that demonstration contradicted other statements he’d made, Chestnut said, saying that would give jurors more insight into Kerrick’s character.

Then be mad at the prosecutor.

You cop haters got what you wanted. Cops charged.

Now they REMAIN innocent. Jury of peers.

Get over it.

You don't actually understand what a hung jury means, do you. (That's not a question.) he was not cleared and can be re-tried.

Then who should do it? Because without law enforcement powers...you can't arrest a criminal cop.

How bout a panel of rappers and rednecks investigate it. Then....if they feel the cop should be arrested...the state police arrest them....no questions asked...and at trial the evidence is "because they said so".

Wow, man, I am starting to get an image of you as a guy who got fired because of too many civilian complaints...

Nice redirect.

Who should investigate criminal cops if NOT the people with the power to charge them?

The FBI. No more letting cops "investigate" themselves.

And Joey: stop digging.

Why would someone think they could charge at a police officer without getting shot? Was the guy drunk, insane, suicidal? People get shot for all kinds of reasons. Charging a cop is one of them. If you don't want to get shot, don't be charging at cops who are pointing guns at you.
Even better, don't give the cops a reason to get their guns out in the first place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. That right there is what people do not seem to get. It is up to themselves how extreme their situation becomes.

Stupid statement.

Why can't the relatively simple concept of "Do what the police say" sink it. Is it a learning or educational gap? The constant in most, not all, but most, of these tragic stories is regardless of armed or unarmed, people disregard officers orders and many don't live to go home.

Do you actually READ the articles you post... Here's an interesting tidbit.

Chestnut said the jury should have been shown a video of Kerrick re-enacting the confrontation during an investigation into the shooting. His actions in that demonstration contradicted other statements he’d made, Chestnut said, saying that would give jurors more insight into Kerrick’s character.

Then be mad at the prosecutor.

You cop haters got what you wanted. Cops charged.

Now they REMAIN innocent. Jury of peers.

Get over it.

You don't actually understand what a hung jury means, do you. (That's not a question.) he was not cleared and can be re-tried.

They put his case in front of a grand jury 1st time....they voted to DISMISS.
The prosecutor took an unprecedented step and put it in front of a grand jury a 2nd time....and they charged him. Hey...they just needed to. It "was necessary" (actual quote from CMPD).

They put him on trial once....andctualnd jury is hung 8-4 to AQUIT.

They could try AGAIN....but at this point....it's a witch hunt. The man has been put in front of 3 different juries. 2 of them said he's innocent. How long do they keep fishing for sympathetic jurors?

Then who should do it? Because without law enforcement powers...you can't arrest a criminal cop.

How bout a panel of rappers and rednecks investigate it. Then....if they feel the cop should be arrested...the state police arrest them....no questions asked...and at trial the evidence is "because they said so".

Wow, man, I am starting to get an image of you as a guy who got fired because of too many civilian complaints...

Nice redirect.

Who should investigate criminal cops if NOT the people with the power to charge them?

The FBI. No more letting cops "investigate" themselves.

And Joey: stop digging.

Haha....the FBI is law enforcement. They work hand in hand with local cops. All FBI agents are usually ex local cops anyway.

Not to mention....the FBI has probed all the recent outrage shootings. And came to the same conclusion.

hmmm i have skirted the law as much as possible for all my life....cops are just like everyone else but got that badge...they have the best drugs....and their favorite drug is green money....cash in hand...you should neither make a hero of a cop nor a criminal like all people you must judge the situation but given the option of asking a cop for hell or a hell's angel...i will go with the hell's angel every time....

hmmm i have skirted the law as much as possible for all my life....cops are just like everyone else but got that badge...they have the best drugs....and their favorite drug is green money....cash in hand...you should neither make a hero of a cop nor a criminal like all people you must judge the situation but given the option of asking a cop for hell or a hell's angel...i will go with the hell's angel every time....

Fair point. No one is born a cop. They're just hired from the general population like any other job. Inevitable bad people will be hired.

and that is the problem ...the thin blue line is not a myth....like any closed organization they protect and serve....each other first...true insight.....my fathers family is pretty much divided between outlaws and leo's...hard rock miners outta chicago...etc and so forth....the dont give a damners...the rest state troopers....atf agents....sbi....the only real differences are the shoes and the badge....

Why would someone think they could charge at a police officer without getting shot? Was the guy drunk, insane, suicidal? People get shot for all kinds of reasons. Charging a cop is one of them. If you don't want to get shot, don't be charging at cops who are pointing guns at you.
Even better, don't give the cops a reason to get their guns out in the first place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. That right there is what people do not seem to get. It is up to themselves how extreme their situation becomes.

Stupid statement.
No it isn't. If you do what the law tells you to do, things will go a whole lot smoother whether what they are telling you to do is right or wrong in the grand scheme.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Um....no. I just read liberal posts. And then the hypocrisy that follows. You all don't want DAs prosecuting cops. But then ask for a special DA group....to investigate cops. Which is it?

Again, did you eat paint chips as a child? Bcause you seem to have the reasoning skills of a retard.

YOu set up a special office for investigating use of force incidents. They are required to get a minimum number of convictions, just like any other criminal justice division.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Stupid statement.
No it isn't. If you do what the law tells you to do, things will go a whole lot smoother whether what they are telling you to do is right or wrong in the grand scheme.

Holly

Are you naive, stupid, or just trolling?

Um....no. I just read liberal posts. And then the hypocrisy that follows. You all don't want DAs prosecuting cops. But then ask for a special DA group....to investigate cops. Which is it?

Again, did you eat paint chips as a child? Bcause you seem to have the reasoning skills of a retard.

YOu set up a special office for investigating use of force incidents. They are required to get a minimum number of convictions, just like any other criminal justice division.

Haha....a quota??? Yeah. That's moral.

A "special" office huh? Like "CSI Bad Cop"!!!

You watch too much TV. Putting agents in a cubicle with a new office label won't change anything. And it shouldnt. Nothing is broken.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Stupid statement.

Holly
Are you naive, stupid, or just trolling?
I could ask you the same question.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back