Charlton Heston led the March on Washington from Hollywood

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I love this. I just love this to death. I wonder how many..........yes I'm going to say it.........

kids these days know real history? That Heston led a March on Washington.

So while the USMB progressives are slagging crackers and whitey today like they are jammed up:eusa_angel:, I just had to post this.

Truth. For you race baiters this will be a hard pill to swallow.

Oh and may I recommend you get your Immodium AD extra strength out?

The day Hollywood joined the March on Washington, led by Charlton 'cold dead hands' Heston

civil_rights.jpg

Good article here on this. AND I just love this quote from the article...

When they came to hand out leadership roles, they instinctively deferred to their onscreen personalities. Charlton Heston was elected chair of the group.

Chuck later remarked that it was probably because he'd played Moses – "because I’d gotten all those folks through the Red Sea."

:lol:

Last edited:
I wonder how many even know who he's standing with at this moment?

Talk about a great moment captured in time. It's breathtaking.

I never have heard of anyone having a problem with Mr. Heston when it came to Racial Politics. People can have Conservative views on some subjects and Liberal views on others. What's the point you are trying to make?

I never have heard of anyone having a problem with Mr. Heston when it came to Racial Politics. People can have Conservative views on some subjects and Liberal views on others. What's the point you are trying to make?

Agree. If he was racist, this will be the first I heard of it.

OTOH, saying "... love this to death ..." about the man who spoke in favor of guns in Denver a week after the horror of Columbine - Now THAT is tacky.

You are going to try to tell me that Heston isn't considered a racist? Seriously?

Reactions to Charlton Heston's Speech to the Free Congress Foundation

Julian Bond, Board Chairman, NAACP

Charlton Heston's civil rights credentials are seriously sullied by his bigoted and homophobic remarks and his attacks on racial minorities. The endorsement by white supremacist David Duke further threatens to erode the considerable respect many Americans felt toward Heston for his years-ago commitment to human rights.

That Charlton Heston seems to have been consumed by another�an angry man contemptuous of America's diversity and scornful of the tolerance which has made our nation great.

The NAACP condemns such expressions of hatred and calls on Mr. Heston to repudiate the support of extremists and those who call for "war" against peaceful citizens.

The NRA and Charlton Heston

I got two words for you. Because I've lived this time. You can't jake me. You can't lie to me. You cannot rewrite history for me.

1324-tripleh48.jpg

That's what I'd like to know.

And who were the Hollywooders that Charles Heston led?

Any links?

Agree. If he was racist, this will be the first I heard of it.

OTOH, saying "... love this to death ..." about the man who spoke in favor of guns in Denver a week after the horror of Columbine - Now THAT is tacky.

Every day it's a slaughterhouse in Chicago. Should the world stop turning?

Any links?

You don't know those men in the picture do you?

You really don't know?

Holy toledo Marc that's Belafonte and Poitier. Two of the biggest black stars at the time.

You really don't know your own history.

WOW.

Any links?

You really don't know?

Holy toledo Marc that's Belafonte and Poitier. Two of the biggest black stars at the time.

WOW.
Snap out of it dummy.

You're making crap up.

Answer the damn question...

WHO were the Hollywooders that Charles Heston LED!?!??

You are going to try to tell me that Heston isn't considered a racist? Seriously?

Charlton Heston's civil rights credentials are seriously sullied by his bigoted and homophobic remarks and his attacks on racial minorities. The endorsement by white supremacist David Duke further threatens to erode the considerable respect many Americans felt toward Heston for his years-ago commitment to human rights.

That Charlton Heston seems to have been consumed by another�an angry man contemptuous of America's diversity and scornful of the tolerance which has made our nation great.

The NAACP condemns such expressions of hatred and calls on Mr. Heston to repudiate the support of extremists and those who call for "war" against peaceful citizens.

I got two words for you. Because I've lived this time. You can't jake me. You can't lie to me. You cannot rewrite history for me.

1324-tripleh48.jpg

Where's the quote where the NAACP said he was "racists"?

Any links?

You really don't know?

WOW.
Snap out of it dummy.

You're making crap up.

You really don't know. Holy toledo.

Burt Lancaster gave MLK not only an audience but tons of cash at the time.

Marlon Brando jumped on board.

Baldwin_Brando_Civil_Rights_1963.jpg

It was a big deal. You don't know this?

Aye carumba. You really really don't know. I'm not insulting you Marc. Not at all. If you weren't taught this how would you know?

Oh my it hurts my soul that you don't know this.

1324-tripleh48.jpg

Where's the quote where the NAACP said he was "racists"?

Hello?

You have to be kidding me. Now you want me to pull out a quote that actually says.................

Heston is a racist? That garbage by Julian Bond isn't good enough for you?

:lol:

Want to give it?

Eleanor Smeal, President, Feminist Majority Foundation

I am shocked by Charlton Heston's intemperate remarks delivered before the Free Congress Foundation

. Heston in one speech manages to display deep-seated bigotry and hostility while attacking feminists, African Americans, Hispanics, gay men, and lesbians.

No wonder David Duke praised this speech. Heston's comments on feminists, who he characterizes as persons "who preach that it is a divine duty for women to hate men," not only malign feminists but show his profound ignorance of a movement that has made in the 20th Century vast political, social, and economic gains for women.

I got more baby. :lol: The progressive hate on Chuck is well documented.

Any links?

You really don't know?

WOW.
Snap out of it dummy.

You're making crap up.

I have to address this post again.

Marc I am not making anything up. It was a big deal and as much as we all say we don't listen to rockers or movie stars we do.

This was a big deal when white hollywood got pissed and marched. horrified at what was happening.

Brando and Heston made a difference.

Any links?

Harry Belafonte and Sidney Poitier

Wait, wait, wait...

Are you RWers trying to assert that Charles Heston LED Harry Belofonte and Sidnier Potier during the MLK speech?

Is that what you're peddling?

1324-tripleh48.jpg
wow the NAACP found something racist...In other news tiny started a fucking stupid topic again trying to be relevant by bring up something from 40 years ago.

Last edited:

Any links?

Harry Belafonte and Sidney Poitier

YAY!

You win the trip to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back