Chauvin Just Arrested In George Floyd’s Death

"
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Fired Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin has been arrested days after George Floyd’s fatal arrest that sparked protests, rioting and outcry across the city and nation.
On Friday, John Harrington, commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety, announced that Chauvin has been taken into custody in connection with the May 25 death.""""
WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!

I hope his new friends in jail make him feel REAL welcome.....so welcome he won't be able to sit down for months.

you-are-one-sick-puppy.jpg

Btw, trying to think of the last time a white cop was convicted for the murder of a black man.
There was the idiot who shot the black dude several times in the back and then planted his taser next to the body apparently unaware that he was caught on camera.
Seems like it goes more in this direction the most often - Black cop sentenced for killing pretty white lady - Amiright?

11025476-4x3-xlarge.jpg

Many years ago I worked as a security guard at a hospital. Mostly it was typical rent-a-cop stuff. But occasionally we would have to help subdue a mental patient. Once the hands were secured (straight jacket or cuff to a heavy leather belt), he would be held on the floor until the doctor came to administer medicine. A knee in the back was one of the ways we held him still. A person lying flat on their stomach, with their hands secured behind their back, cannot get up or even roll over. They cannot bite the person holding them. Any spit only goes out to the side.

That's all well and good but we've only seen the end of the take-down....it took 3 cops. I was speaking in general about a cuffed perp being helpless. I told the tale earlier how I once escaped arrest and got out of being cuffed behind my back...Recondo school (5th SFG) at Nha Trang got a chuckle out of that and the fact I could hotwire a truck he couldn't. Detroit taught me many useful things to prepare me for life.

Wonder why it took so long for an arrest ?

There are multiple reasons.

Being an officer, surrounded by officers complicates matters, that for a civilian it doesn't.

The irony here is that left-wingers support this. Left-wingers support Unions. Right? Everyone agrees with that?

Well Police Officers have a Union. You can't just drag one off, generally speaking. They have to go through a process. You have to get statements by absolutely everyone.

The case you have to make against a Union Officer, with Union rules, has to be much clearer and stronger, than against a civilian.

By the way, I personally am somewhat torn on the issue, because while I generally disagree with union privileges, officers unfortunately really need those protections, because of how terrible and immoral the public is. Officers are routinely attacked for doing exactly what they were taught to do.

So that's part of it. Union protections make it much harder to deal with an officer.

There are other reasons as well. Especially when you get politics involved, then everything can get jumbled up.

First of all, this guy deserves anything he gets. That's murder in my opinion. But you have to laugh at how long it took to arrest the guy. Democrats are quick to complain about a Republican response to anything and everything. But they had to burn down the precinct house to get this buffoon's attention. AYFKM? This big mouthed mayor should be charged with accessory to arson, if there is such a charge.
If you're writing about Floyd, I agree.

It's not murder. The cop was not trying to kill someone.

I would say either voluntary or involuntary manslaughter.

Murder is the intention to kill. Unless you can prove this cop did absolutely everything he did, because his goal was to kill the other man... then it is not murder.

Just breaking news on Cbs Minneapolis
Finally found a link

There is no reason to be rude. ... :eusa_naughty:
According to American law the policeman is considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
If you are new to this country, I understand your confusion. .. :cool:
George Floyd was considered innocent until proven guilty too. So why would a police officer kneel on an innocent mans neck until he dies?

The innocent policeman will be sacrificed on the alter of political correctness in order to halt the riots. ... :cool:
did not look that innocent to me....

He's saying other officers. I think he's saying there will be longer term ramifications, beyond just this one bad officer. That good officers are going to get caught up in this.

At least, that's how I read it.

There is no reason to be rude. ... :eusa_naughty:
According to American law the policeman is considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
If you are new to this country, I understand your confusion. .. :cool:
George Floyd was considered innocent until proven guilty too. So why would a police officer kneel on an innocent mans neck until he dies?

That doesn't matter.

The officer was not trying to kill him. The knee on the neck, was obviously horrific, but the goal wasn't to kill the guy.

You seem to be implying that it is not possible for someone to accidentally kill another person.

As if either the police officer was perfect and did nothing wrong, or he was intentionally committing murder.

This isn't an either/or situation.

The officer performed badly, and unintentionally killed a man without justification.

It's manslaughter, and he will be tried and convicted, and rightly so.

First of all, this guy deserves anything he gets. That's murder in my opinion. But you have to laugh at how long it took to arrest the guy. Democrats are quick to complain about a Republican response to anything and everything. But they had to burn down the precinct house to get this buffoon's attention. AYFKM? This big mouthed mayor should be charged with accessory to arson, if there is such a charge.

"But you have to laugh at how long it took to arrest the guy...."

Policeman's union is the biggest, fattest, meanest union in the country. They intervene immediately on behalf of a cop accused of unlawful killing. They'll have their lawyers all over this now, too.
If the mayor is afraid to stand up for what's right, he shouldn't be mayor.

The innocent policeman will be sacrificed on the alter of political correctness in order to halt the riots. ... :cool:
did not look that innocent to me....

He's saying other officers. I think he's saying there will be longer term ramifications, beyond just this one bad officer. That good officers are going to get caught up in this.

At least, that's how I read it.
he said policeman not men.....

If you're writing about Floyd, I agree.

It's not murder. The cop was not trying to kill someone.

I would say either voluntary or involuntary manslaughter.

Murder is the intention to kill. Unless you can prove this cop did absolutely everything he did, because his goal was to kill the other man... then it is not murder.
No doubt that it will eventually end up as manslaughter. It's tough to prove intent with what has been shown.

"But you have to laugh at how long it took to arrest the guy...."

Policeman's union is the biggest, fattest, meanest union in the country. They intervene immediately on behalf of a cop accused of unlawful killing. They'll have their lawyers all over this now, too.
If the mayor is afraid to stand up for what's right, he shouldn't be mayor.

A Great American City tramp said, its been run by a Democrat for eons, decades.

18 previous complaints on this cop...whats going on in BLUE cities?....

This just now. On cable tv. No link yet.

SCUM BAG should be charged with full on murder in the first.

Here we go first link:

Nah - kneeling on a dudes neck for 8-9 minutes is hardly worthy of a M1 charge.
I mean, this guy has such a stellar record! :rolleyes:

And a hand-cuffed dude at that.
A "handcuffed dude" that was still trying to get away.

Trying to get away or trying to breath? A knee between the shoulder blades of a handcuffed suspect will hold him down. A knee in the neck is not allowed by police departments. And for very good reasons.
Floyd was approached on the sidewalk. He attempted to elude. Sometimes it doesn't work out well. Do the crime, man-up and take the consequences.

Forum List

Back